Nothing Can Stop The Juggernaut In New Series From Fabian Nicieza

JayC

Fabian Nicieza will be launching a new Juggernaut series this May with artist Ron Garney! Amidst all the smashing, Juggernaut will be trying to find his new place in the Marvel Universe and the series will explore his outlook towards mutantkind’s new status quo that Jonathan Hickman introduced last year in HOUSE OF X and POWERS OF X.

“That basically instigates the entire story. Having been X and lost, what does Cain become now? After years of back and forth and madness and sadness, he had become a member in good standing of the X-Men, and then while he's away dancing in Limbo, mutantkind gets everything they could have ever hoped for... and Cain can't be a part of that,” Nicieza said in a recent interview. “How he reacts to that rejection becomes the exploration of who he is going to become without the one thing that -- for good and bad -- has defined him for most of his life.”

JUGGERNAUT #1 (OF 5)
Written by FABIAN NICIEZA
Art by RON GARNEY
COVER by SHAW

READY OR ‘NAUT, HERE HE COMES! A mystic gem. A force of overwhelming power. Nothing can stop the Juggernaut. Except himself. Another building falls. Cain Marko is done

letting others pick up the pieces of the things he’s destroyed. Renowned X-scribe Fabian Nicieza (X-FORCE, DEADPOOL) and celebrated artist Ron Garney (CAPTAIN AMERICA, DAREDEVIL) team up to take the unstoppable in a new bold new direction!

Juggernaut-01.jpg

I'll put my trust in Nicieza. He was the real creative genius behind Deadpool (and X-Force). Liefeld only drew the lines and belts and needless pockets. After all these years he's one of the only true writers left in the biz, so if anyone can make us accept Cain as a likeable character it's him.

4 hours ago, monron999 said:

I'll put my trust in Nicieza. He was the real creative genius behind Deadpool (and X-Force). Liefeld only drew the lines and belts and needless pockets. After all these years he's one of the only true writers left in the biz, so if anyone can make us accept Cain as a likeable character it's him.

Yeah without Nicieza, DP would just be a generic tough-guy. Hopefully Nicieza can do something different with Cain

Question? Other than Doctor Strange and the Scarlet Witch, who can summon the power of the Crimson bands of Cyttorak and can they be used to destroy the Juggernaut? I know that Cain got his powers from the crimson gem of Cyttorak and I assume they are from the same source. Who can school me on this?

4 minutes ago, silverback said:

Question? Other than Doctor Strange and the Scarlet Witch, who can summon the power of the Crimson bands of Cyttorak and can they be used to destroy the Juggernaut? I know that Cain got his powers from the crimson gem of Cyttorak and I assume they are from the same source. Who can school me on this?

His costume and helmet are made from the bands so i doubt it.

5 minutes ago, silverback said:

It is believed most magic users can summon the Crimson bands of Cyttorak though barring the two mentioned, the only other magic user to have been used to use them is Umar. Also the bands are designed to ensnare your opponent it isn't an offensive spell

9 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Why would he be mad that he can't be a part of mutant kind , he's not a mutant. Cain is a bad guy, pure & simple.

Not so simple, Cain has tried to reform on occasion and has been an X-men a couple of times. The fact that he helped the X-men prior to HOX and now they have seemingly rejected him, could be an interesting angle 

The fact that he was even an X-man is a joke. What made the X-Men unique to me was that you had to be a mutant to join, so having a non mutant, especially a deadly enemy such as Juggs as a member was laughable to me & was all about selling comics by hyping up Juggs as a member. Might as well let anyone be an X-man mutant/non mutant if that's the case. Then again, in recent yrs, the respect  level of keeping things traditional in Marvel comics has gone the way of the dodo. Whatever they can do to sell & hype a comic title is the way to go nowadays. One of the many reasons I quit collecting around 2007.

13 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

The fact that he was even an X-man is a joke. What made the X-Men unique to me was that you had to be a mutant to join, so having a non mutant, especially a deadly enemy such as Juggs as a member was laughable to me & was all about selling comics by hyping up Juggs as a member. Might as well let anyone be an X-man mutant/non mutant if that's the case. Then again, in recent yrs, the respect  level of keeping things traditional in Marvel comics has gone the way of the dodo. Whatever they can do to sell & hype a comic title is the way to go nowadays. One of the many reasons I quit collecting around 2007.

Juggernaut wasn't the first non-mutant they had join, Mimik and Longshot joined way before him and they aren't mutants

12 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

The xmen have had tons of non mutants members for decades. Longshot for one. Danger is a machine. 

The point of the xmen was to help bridge the gap between mutants and humans so having it be exclusive to mutants is counter to what they want.

49 minutes ago, tarot said:

The xmen have had tons of non mutants members for decades. Longshot for one. Danger is a machine. 

The point of the xmen was to help bridge the gap between mutants and humans so having it be exclusive to mutants is counter to what they want.

Ironically enough that is what they are doing at the moment with their mutant only island

12 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Ironically enough that is what they are doing at the moment with their mutant only island

But they allow some non-mutants with permission like Shogo being the son of Jubilee 

2 hours ago, tarot said:

"Tons" of non mutants?  Think you're reaching now. And "Danger", really? I thought Longshot's "mutant" power was "luck"? I know he's a citizen of the Mojoverse. Was never really into the character myself.

56 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

"Tons" of non mutants?  Think you're reaching now. And "Danger", really? I thought Longshot's "mutant" power was "luck"? I know he's a citizen of the Mojoverse. Was never really into the character myself.

Longshot IS a mutant. Like Warlock, though he is an otherworldly being, he is a mutant within his own race. As a clone of Shatterstar, who is a mutant because he was born with powers through his mother who is a mutant (Dazzler) and father (Longshot) who was a biologically engineered being. It's a convoluted mess, but Longshot's basically his own Grandpa. But, as such he literally passed his own abilities down to himself, but he was a clone of a mutant and "born" with abilities which makes him a mutant.

Similarly, though Reed and Sue Richards received their abilities through artificial means, the fact that Franklin and Valeria were born with abilities makes them mutants.

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

Longshot IS a mutant. Like Warlock, though he is an otherworldly being, he is a mutant within his own race. As a clone of Shatterstar, who is a mutant because he was born with powers through his mother who is a mutant (Dazzler) and father (Longshot) who was a biologically engineered being. It's a convoluted mess, but Longshot's basically his own Grandpa. But, as such he literally passed his own abilities down to himself, but he was a clone of a mutant and "born" with abilities which makes him a mutant.

Similarly, though Reed and Sue Richards received their abilities through artificial means, the fact that Franklin and Valeria were born with abilities makes them mutants.

Wow, more than ever do I not like this character. What a clusterf%$# origin.

2 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Wow, more than ever do I not like this character. What a clusterf%$# origin.

Ya, that's what time travel story lines do to comics and their characters, and in all honesty, it's pretty emblematic of the kind of writing "talent" Marvel (and the entire comic industry) has employed over the last 20 years or so.