Jennifer Kaytin Robinson Recruited To Shape Up Script For Marvel's 'Thor: Love And Thunder'

Outsiders

Taika Waititi took home an Oscar win for 'Jojo Rabbit' and now he has his eye on Marvel's 'Thor: Love and Thunder.'  Before jumping into the project, he is getting some help from Jennifer Kaytin Robinson in shaping up the script.

Robinson, who wrote and directed the Netflix film 'Someone Great,' has joined Waititi to work on the script prior to its production start date later this year.

Waititi filmed 'Thor: Ragnarok,' the biggest money making film in the series with $853 million at the worldwide box office.  Due to the success of the film, Marvel and Waititi had announced he will be retuirning for 'Thor: Love and Thunder' this past summer, with Chris Hemsworth returning as the God of Thunder and Christian Bale in talks for an undisclosed role.  Waititi also revealed that the return of Natalie Portman's character, but also said she would be playing Lady Thor. That aspect may have played a role in Waititi recruiting Robinson for his writing team.

Source: Variety

Jennifer_Kaytin_Robinson.jpg

2 hours ago, monron999 said:

Grooooan.....so an Oscar winning writer/director needs a low budget Netflix writer/director to help him "shape up" his script after he did a damn fine job on his own the first time? Yeah, yeah.....sure.

And Someone great is garbage. A truly awful film. I'm betting she does not last long on the project, I'm also betting she was brought in to appease Portman who had a hissy fit the last time over the firing of the director in Dark World

36 minutes ago, Lordtom said:

And Someone great is garbage. A truly awful film. I'm betting she does not last long on the project, I'm also betting she was brought in to appease Portman who had a hissy fit the last time over the firing of the director in Dark World

Agreed. There's only one thing that qualified her to "shape up" this film. And we all know what that is.

There was a time when Marvel had a pair (pre-Disney) and they woulda just recast a belligerent actor, as they did with Terrence Howard, who somehow got the idea that he was bigger than the project. If it is Portman running all the collusion, I don't think very many people would really care all that much if they replaced her with one of her Hollywood lookalikes such as Keira Knightley (my personal choice) or Shannyn Sossamon. She was never all that convincing as Jane Foster anyway. Hell, I think it might even be a good idea to recast her with a more physically imposing person like Alicia Vikander, or anyone just as long as the final product was good and free of the meddling of another spoiled overrated actor.

That is assuming Portman was in the middle of this odd decision, which is probably highly likely.

I for one would not miss Jane Foster in this film at all. They could have saved Lady Thor for a What if story like in the comics. And not to be a hater, but I think with the success of Ragnarok most people have faith in Taika's ability. And its probably just me but that picture of Jennifer Kaytin reminds me of Hela. She muey Malo.

17 hours ago, silverback said:

I for one would not miss Jane Foster in this film at all. They could have saved Lady Thor for a What if story like in the comics. And not to be a hater, but I think with the success of Ragnarok most people have faith in Taika's ability. And its probably just me but that picture of Jennifer Kaytin reminds me of Hela. She muey Malo.

You're right. The Lady Thor plot probably would work better as a what if episode or even a two or three parter, but as one of the few successful stories to come out of the entire ANAD fiasco there was no way they weren't gonna give it a shot on the big screen as the successor for Thor.