Other Versions of the X-Men

AnotherPunkChef

Since Hasbro has been throwing mutants at us like there's no tomorrow, and with the Age of Apocalypse wave coming soon, are there any other versions of the X-Men you wanna see? Personally I'm hoping to see the Ultimate X-Men revisited, get the bad taste out of my mouth from that godawful Wolverine and the few disappointing X-Men classic figures we got. And I know it's a Longshot (bahdumtihss) but I think the cast of X-Men Evolution would make for a few killer waves. This of course would be after we get more of the main continuity characters that still need to make an appearance on pegs...er...at online retailers...

x-men-evolution-625x352.jpg

250px-X-Men_(Ultimate_Marvel_characters).jpg

That Ultimate Wolverine was very bad, and it was made worse in that it was necessary to buy it to finish Blob.

I liked the retro waves they've done recently. No BAF piece makes it easier for collectors to get only what they want without cringing at passing on an otherwise interesting BAF. Maybe they could release them that way. Or they could do a box set like Alpha Flight.

On 2/13/2020 at 7:54 PM, BradMan said:

I really hope we get a Krakoan Magneto since it’s the same costume he was wearing in Uncanny X-Men with the Cyclops, Magick, and Emma Frost we have in those costumes.

I want this pretty badly too. With the renegade X-Men, the outfit was sleeveless, though, and he's back to sleeves for Dawn of X. Maybe they can do it with interchangeable arms and removable shoulder-bands? Seems like wishful thinking, and I'm on the fence about which version I'd prefer if we only got one. I guess I'd prefer sleeveless, since he's the last major player to finish that team, and Dawn of X is mostly just slightly improved greatest hits costumes anyway.

1 hour ago, Benn said:

I want this pretty badly too. With the renegade X-Men, the outfit was sleeveless, though, and he's back to sleeves for Dawn of X. Maybe they can do it with interchangeable arms and removable shoulder-bands? Seems like wishful thinking, and I'm on the fence about which version I'd prefer if we only got one. I guess I'd prefer sleeveless, since he's the last major player to finish that team, and Dawn of X is mostly just slightly improved greatest hits costumes anyway.

I agree that I’d rather have the sleeveless renegade X-Men look as well... if they gave us the updated white sleeve version I’d probably end up swapping the arms.  

I have the parts I need to make the renegade costume... I just hate painting white.

12 minutes ago, BradMan said:

I agree that I’d rather have the sleeveless renegade X-Men look as well... if they gave us the updated white sleeve version I’d probably end up swapping the arms.  

I have the parts I need to make the renegade costume... I just hate painting white.

What if he came with two sets of arms sleeveless and with sleeves

1 hour ago, nWoWolfpack said:

What if he came with two sets of arms sleeveless and with sleeves

If Hasbro were to release Magneto in his white costume with two sets of arms so we could decide which look to go with that would be perfect.  The same joint connectors that the Walgreens Mr. Fantastic used would allow the arms to be easily swappable.

Since Walgreens seems to be focusing on X-Men right now (Magick, Mystique, Emma Frost, Dani Moonstar, Stepford Cuckoos), that may be a great avenue for this version of Magneto.  

Yeah, the rumour is that the next two Walgreens exclusives are Moon Knight and I think an Iron Man of some sort? Not sure on that last one, but it wasn't an X-Man. They could always come back to the X-Men toward the end of the year, though. They seem to do Walgreens exclusives quarterly normally.

1 hour ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Wouldn't mind seeing a Joe Madureira team from his Uncanny X-men run with the team in their Shi'ar costumes. Pink costume pony-tailed Rogue, Buzz cut Bishop, DEATHBIRD.

uncanny348.jpg612435.thumb.jpg.0aabf24f952eb1d051640d354116e6b3.jpg

tumblr_odb62m9erd1uvxc4ro1_1280.jpeg

phalanx-uxm-344-cover.png

I love Rogue's Shi'ar look not sure I want the whole team done though

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

I want the X-Men from that one time they cosplayed as the New Warriors and it was so detailed that you couldn't even tell it wasn't the real deal. 

Yeah, I'm frankly not sure why the Avengers, Black Widow, Eternals, Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, and Venom waves this year aren't all from the times those characters did convincing X-Men cosplay, but I guess not everyone liked that story for some reason.

White-costume Magneto seems like an obvious choice for a "Fan Channel" variant if nothing else, but would just fine as part of a regular wave, too.

As for other/Alt-U versions of the X-Men...nah.  AoA is a special exception (and half of the characters they're making in that wave are ones that crossed over into regular continuity anyhow).

Not that a lot of the designs and such aren't neat, but we've got oodles of X-characters and version of X-Characters from regular continuity that still need to get done.  Once those are finished (again, AoA being an acceptable exception), we can talk about alternate universe X-Men.  But of course by the time they got to that point there'd be a dozen more "modern" versions of regular-continuity X-Men to get through.