Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Shown below are some in-hand images via Johnny Law showing off the new Crimson Dynamo figure as well as close-up shots of the regular figures in the wave. He also has gotten his hands on the Stan Lee, Deluxe Black Widow and Walmart Black Widow figures as well. Check out the images below.The Black Widow wave is available for pre-order from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Black-Widow-Wave-01.jpg

Black-Widow-Wave-02.jpg

Black-Widow-Wave-03.jpg

Black-Widow-Wave-04.jpg

Black-Widow-Wave-05.jpg

Black-Widow-Wave-06.jpg

Black-Widow-Wave-07.jpg

Black-Widow-Wave-08.jpg

Black-Widow-Wave-09.jpg

Black-Widow-Wave-10.jpg

Black-Widow-Wave-11.jpg

Black-Widow-Wave-12.jpg

Black-Widow-Wave-13.jpg

Black-Widow-Wave-14.jpg

Black-Widow-Wave-15.jpg

Black-Widow-Wave-16.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the faces looks better on Widow and Yelena in these pics than they did in the promo pics from awhile back.  Still not sure about Red Guardian.  I do like that  Crimson Dynamo is kinda battle-damaged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big fan of Crimson Dynamo usually but this version is just eh. Its not bad its not good imo. He kind of reminds me of a football player. I am excited to see him in the movie tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Big fan of Crimson Dynamo usually but this version is just eh. Its not bad its not good imo. He kind of reminds me of a football player. I am excited to see him in the movie tho. 

he is not in the movie. This is a comic book version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tarot said:

he is not in the movie. This is a comic book version.

I thought I heard he was in the movie and that this was the version of him. This doesnt look like the Dynamo I know but then again i havent followed newer comics for a bit and they did him years ago that also didnt resemble him and seemed more of a kitbash than trying to look like the source material. Well just looking up pics of him, you are certainly right... and even the 'kitbash' of him is a representation of him in the comics. Dang I just want a classic version apparently. Also bummer, I was really looking forward to seeing him in the movie. Hes also not very 'crimson' in this iteration. Maroon or Brown Dynamo. 😞 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like most, this is not my favorite version of Crimson Dynamo. I'm assuming everyone would have preferred the Dimitri Bukharin version who was a member of the Winter Guard. That being said, I'm really satisfied with the look of this one and really impressed by the size. Though it does share parts with the Iron Monger it looks to be much larger as he compares well to the Hulk figure.  Also the final facial sculpts on the two females look to be much better than the promo pics led us to believe, but the paint apps on that Red Guardian do leave a lot to be desired.

Correction: Dimitri was not a member of the Winter Guard, he was a member of the government sanctioned team, The Soviet Super Soldiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still not sure about the headscuplts on the Widows and still no Helmeted Guardina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Like most, this is not my favorite version of Crimson Dynamo. I'm assuming everyone would have preferred the Dimitri Bukharin version who was a member of the Winter Guard. That being said, I'm really satisfied with the look of this one and really impressed by the size. Though it does share parts with the Iron Monger it looks to be much larger as he compares well to the Hulk figure.  Also the final facial sculpts on the two females look to be much better than the promo pics led us to believe, but the paint apps on that Red Guardian do leave a lot to be desired.

Correction: Dimitri was not a member of the Winter Guard, he was a member of the government sanctioned team, The Soviet Super Soldiers.


Dmitri is a member of the Winter Guard tho 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JayC said:

Black-Widow-Wave-11.jpg

 

 

 

 

Victor French? GASP! Is Michael Landon the Taskmaster?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nWoWolfpack said:


Dmitri is a member of the Winter Guard tho 

Yes, I was wrong twice actually. When Winter Guard first came out they were not a government sanctioned team. Then somewhere along the line they began operating under government supervision where Dimitri was put with the group as something of a handler, at which time they became the Soviet Super Soldiers (during the 80's X-Men vs. Avengers event). Sometime after that Dimitri left and the team began to operate independently again as the Winter Guard, and again, sometime after that Dimitri re-joined the team again. All that to say that I think the version of the Crimson Dynamo everyone seems to want is the one that first showed up as a member of the Soviet Super Soldiers. The one with the more streamlined armor and the funky bumpy shoulder pads. The one they did in the 3.75" Iron Man 2 line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

I thought I heard he was in the movie and that this was the version of him. This doesnt look like the Dynamo I know but then again i havent followed newer comics for a bit and they did him years ago that also didnt resemble him and seemed more of a kitbash than trying to look like the source material. Well just looking up pics of him, you are certainly right... and even the 'kitbash' of him is a representation of him in the comics. Dang I just want a classic version apparently. Also bummer, I was really looking forward to seeing him in the movie. Hes also not very 'crimson' in this iteration. Maroon or Brown Dynamo. 😞 

spacer.pngspacer.png

It's the Crimson Dyanamo from the 2003 mini-series (pictured left). Hasbro's previous 6" Crimson Dynamo was Valentin Shatalov's armor from Len Kaminski's Iron Man run from the 90s (pictured right).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess the design of the suit I could live with but that rusty brown brine looking color has got to go. If I do happen to get ahold of this figure I will certainly get it the Earl Scheib treatment asap. Red, red, red. The kind of red that drives the Highway patrol crazy when they see one speeding on the highway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno, they don't look too good, only figure that seems cool is Winter soldier, and likely they only figure I will get from the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ADour said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

It's the Crimson Dyanamo from the 2003 mini-series (pictured left). Hasbro's previous 6" Crimson Dynamo was Valentin Shatalov's armor from Len Kaminski's Iron Man run from the 90s (pictured right).

Thank you for the clarification. Yeah I saw those images when I looked up pictures of him since this new one I wasnt familiar with and the previous I originally thought to be just a kitbash or random made up design. Didnt take long by looking up pics of him to find I was wrong on both accounts. Wish we'd get a classic version of him. New one is cool and all but would love the original. Also while looking up pics of him, I realize there are ALOT of different looks for the character.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Thank you for the clarification. Yeah I saw those images when I looked up pictures of him since this new one I wasnt familiar with and the previous I originally thought to be just a kitbash or random made up design. Didnt take long by looking up pics of him to find I was wrong on both accounts. Wish we'd get a classic version of him. New one is cool and all but would love the original. Also while looking up pics of him, I realize there are ALOT of different looks for the character.  

A lot of Crimson Dynamos, if you include when Tony wore the armour; there has been fourteen of them, and quite a few have their own unique armour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, leokearon said:

A lot of Crimson Dynamos, if you include when Tony wore the armour; there has been fourteen of them, and quite a few have their own unique armour

Wow I did not know that. Hes a character I was first introduced to from the Ironman 90s cartoon and every once in a while the comics but havent followed in years. I always had an affinity to the character tho. Crazy that theres been that many over the years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the exception of Black widow and a few other, Russian heroes / Villains are constantly changing to a different person. This is usually because they are force to by the Government, who seems to have the final say in what heroes they want. Kind of like an extremely more strict Canada's Alpha Flight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Thank you for the clarification. Yeah I saw those images when I looked up pictures of him since this new one I wasnt familiar with and the previous I originally thought to be just a kitbash or random made up design. Didnt take long by looking up pics of him to find I was wrong on both accounts. Wish we'd get a classic version of him. New one is cool and all but would love the original. Also while looking up pics of him, I realize there are ALOT of different looks for the character.  

spacer.png

Yeah, the sheer amount of Crimson Dynamos and Crimson Dynamo suits there are is ridiculous. I like this BAF design since I'm not a big fan of the classic/retro Crimson Dynamo design. However, I wouldn't have minded if we got that one instead since it's more iconic. I personally would have preferred if we got modern Crimson Dynamo, since he's not too big of a departure from the retro look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ADour said:

spacer.png

Yeah, the sheer amount of Crimson Dynamos and Crimson Dynamo suits there are is ridiculous. I like this BAF design since I'm not a big fan of the classic/retro Crimson Dynamo design. However, I wouldn't have minded if we got that one instead since it's more iconic. I personally would have preferred if we got modern Crimson Dynamo, since he's not too big of a departure from the retro look.

That would a be a nice addition. This new one looks nice but also weird to me as a figure. Those shoulder pads are going to be amazing for articulation and posability XD. I also just dont like that hes not really crimson at all. I always loved crimson dynamos design where he was this candy red shiny big metal man/robot look. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 2:30 PM, ADour said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

It's the Crimson Dyanamo from the 2003 mini-series (pictured left). Hasbro's previous 6" Crimson Dynamo was Valentin Shatalov's armor from Len Kaminski's Iron Man run from the 90s (pictured right).

504663115_CrimsonDynamoclassicversion.thumb.jpg.b1c38b5a439cfb6615db4a16eb26200e.jpgTHIS is the CD we all need & want!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2020 at 11:45 AM, ADour said:

spacer.png

Yeah, the sheer amount of Crimson Dynamos and Crimson Dynamo suits there are is ridiculous. I like this BAF design since I'm not a big fan of the classic/retro Crimson Dynamo design. However, I wouldn't have minded if we got that one instead since it's more iconic. I personally would have preferred if we got modern Crimson Dynamo, since he's not too big of a departure from the retro look.

Ya, I kinda felt the same way at first when I was looking up all his armor, but if you think about it, it's really not that much different from how Iron Man is always changing and redesigning his armors. These type of characters are every so called writer's or artist's wet dream. Each one gets to put their own take on the character design and just pass it off as an upgrade and there's zero continuity. Sucks for us though cuz we all have our personal favorites, but there's little chance that they'll all get made. At any rate, I do still like this design and I'll take what I can get. Now let's talk about a Titanium Man BAF, Hasbro.

detail.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found the Black Widow figure from this wave at Walmart yesterday.  Was really surprised after opening her to see that she has a backpack sculpted on for her batons.

Unfortunately, they can't cross on  her back so the baton will get bent.  I'll see if I can post some pics tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's some pics of the new movie Black widow.

 

NBE7EK6.jpg

She can store her batons on her back, but there's just no way to cross them and the result is the baton gets bent, unless there is a way to make them cross that I don't know about.

O0YLwuG.jpg

and without the batons 

69OkDWG.jpg

This picture is just to show the height of this Black Widow is the same as the Infinity War one.  I used it to make a custom Maria Hill as I never liked the official one.

iz2gOBI.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My local comic shop is getting these in this week. So far none are really must get, maybe when I see them in-hand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never intended to get anything from this wave either, but couldnt resist getting it cause havent seen anything new I wanted in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE