Marvel Legends Fan Vote 2020 Announced

JayC

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
1 hour ago, tarot said:

The whole A-force set was a must have. I'm surprised most didn't get it. I particularly love Elsa Bloodstone.

Considering how long they sat on shelves at Toys R Us and then how long fan channels had them once TRU went out of business. I would hardly say it was a must have. I thought it was cool but only wanted Sif. 

The A-Force set was an altogether Hit-or-Miss production. I have rarely found anyone that was outright happy with every figure and would have liked for them to have been released as singles. For me the standouts and "must haves" were Sif, Bloodstone and Monica. I couldn't care less about Singularity. That She-Hulk, who was badly in need of an update, is hands down, the wonky-est looking female figure Hasbro has ever produced since the Blob wave Emma Frost and the Lady Loki was a terrible idea from inception (though I really did appreciate the use of the Moonstone buck once again). It was a good idea, and I hope the underwhelming response to this set will not deter Hasbro from doing an all-female cast of characters sometime in the future. I think the learning opportunity here is in the character selection. I honestly think the Lady Liberators (including Tigra, Colleen Wing, and Thundra) would have been a better choice.

I'd take a boxset of Brian Wood's all-lady X-Men cast in a heartbeat. It could give people a second shot at Kitty, Jubilee-wave Storm, and vampire Jubilee, and could include new figures of relatively enduring looks for Psylocke, Rogue, Rachel (actually, my favourite looks for Rogue and Rachel), and possibly M.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
7 minutes ago, Benn said:

I'd take a boxset of Brian Wood's all-lady X-Men cast in a heartbeat. It could give people a second shot at Kitty, Jubilee-wave Storm, and vampire Jubilee, and could include new figures of relatively enduring looks for Psylocke, Rogue, Rachel (actually, my favourite looks for Rogue and Rachel), and possibly M.

lol, rogue would be the one people bought the box for. 

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

The A-Force set was an altogether Hit-or-Miss production. I have rarely found anyone that was outright happy with every figure and would have liked for them to have been released as singles. For me the standouts and "must haves" were Sif, Bloodstone and Monica. I couldn't care less about Singularity. That She-Hulk, who was badly in need of an update, is hands down, the wonky-est looking female figure Hasbro has ever produced since the Blob wave Emma Frost and the Lady Loki was a terrible idea from inception (though I really did appreciate the use of the Moonstone buck once again). It was a good idea, and I hope the underwhelming response to this set will not deter Hasbro from doing an all-female cast of characters sometime in the future. I think the learning opportunity here is in the character selection. I honestly think the Lady Liberators (including Tigra, Colleen Wing, and Thundra) would have been a better choice.

Yeah I ended up grabbing Sif, Monica and singularity (solely based on how cool she looked) individually off eBay and ended up paying just under $20 each on average.  Later on the set was discounted but too late for me. Never saw it at tru back then either, only on their website. 

didn’t have any interest in lady Loki or Elsa, and the she-hulk didn’t seem like a huge upgrade over the version I already had so I held off on her as well.

i do appreciate hasbro taking a risk by producing a big set with all female characters, especially so many that didn’t previously have figures.

• 4 months later...

From everything I read online Silk seem to be the fan favorite, not to mention she seems to be the one Hasbro put the most effort into with the most accessories. I personally would like to see Sif win. I didnt get the boxset and think she looks the best of the three. 

I'm meh on all three choices. Lets face it, an Elektra re-paint is all but inevitable for this line so no need for any fan "poll". Sif, is another re-paint, and the fur-mantle cape is great, but unless theyre going to go with soft goods there, its not a big sell for me. If they did that would be my vote.

Now both of these even being re-paints are good, and a nice edition to anyone's collection especially if you missed their original figures first time round. There seem to be a lot of votes for Silk but this one is the hard pass for me. Just cant care about the character. "Oh didn't you know? Years ago when Peter was bitten by the radioactive spider, another kid was at the same exhibition and she ALSO got bitten and ALSO got spider-powers! Gee!" As far as the look for the figure goes, I think its an improvement over the one released with the Venom BAF.

So overall I would've preferred some other choices. Then again, Hasbro's got a LOT of characters in the Marvel Universe to explore. Cheers!

On 7/25/2020 at 1:45 PM, Atlantis said:

I'm meh on all three choices. Lets face it, an Elektra re-paint is all but inevitable for this line so no need for any fan "poll". Sif, is another re-paint, and the fur-mantle cape is great, but unless theyre going to go with soft goods there, its not a big sell for me. If they did that would be my vote.

Yea I don't really see any of these selling well.

Just curious, wasn't Songbird also a Fan Poll winner? And that figure was pegwarming hard.

4 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Yea I don't really see any of these selling well.

Just curious, wasn't Songbird also a Fan Poll winner? And that figure was pegwarming hard.

Songbird was the 2016 fan choice winner, I wonder how the people she beat; Typhoid Mary, Citizen V and White Rabbit fared

6 hours ago, leokearon said:

Songbird was the 2016 fan choice winner, I wonder how the people she beat; Typhoid Mary, Citizen V and White Rabbit fared

FWIW my local WM still has a couple of Songbirds on the pegs (currently at $11).  I haven't seen any of the others in awhile so i think Songbird wins the pegwarming prize.  

That said, i think Silk will sell OK 

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
On 7/25/2020 at 3:45 PM, Atlantis said:

Now both of these even being re-paints are good, and a nice edition to anyone's collection especially if you missed their original figures first time round. There seem to be a lot of votes for Silk but this one is the hard pass for me. Just cant care about the character. "Oh didn't you know? Years ago when Peter was bitten by the radioactive spider, another kid was at the same exhibition and she ALSO got bitten and ALSO got spider-powers! Gee!" As far as the look for the figure goes, I think its an improvement over the one released with the Venom BAF.

So overall I would've preferred some other choices. Then again, Hasbro's got a LOT of characters in the Marvel Universe to explore. Cheers!

They all are REpaints. Every character has already seen release. I would have preferred seeing totally new characters.

Yeah, all new characters would be ideal but it appears the plan is to just add new paint and little in the way of accessories.

i don’t normally pay these promos much attention but are the offerings normally just repaints? Doesn’t sound like it, if the above mentioned characters (Songbird, Angela, Citizen V, White Rabit) were choices. Wonder why they went to cheap route for this promo?

In my area I see all the above on pegs from time to timeso I can’t say anyone of them were hot sellers. I own all of them, so even if they didn’t move quickly, they were easy to find