Marvel Legends Fan Vote 2020 Announced

JayC

I never saw Angela as pegwarming and I felt she sold like crazy when she first came out. I never saw her much on pegs and even during that time, people were clamoring for her. Definitely still see Songbird on the pegs. 

Its kind of jarring with the selection they give us. They give us Silk, who sold like crazy and is hard to find and give her a crapton more accessories. Then in comparison we get Sif who was only in that boxset but gives her just a new cape and coloring.. and then Elektra who is just white repaint. Its weird to compare and say we want this one over one that has alot more value for your money. The only one Id want is Silk even tho I already have her from the venom wave. 

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 6:28 AM, EUPHORICVIKING said:

They all are REpaints. Every character has already seen release. I would have preferred seeing totally new characters.

If I had to do a poll of 3 female figures, I'd have gone with Tigra, Mantis, Moondragon, Misty Knight, original Valkryie, and Invisible Woman (translucent) and choose from those 6. I didn't see Hasbro's original poll so I have no idea if any of these characters were in it, but if so, its a shame they didn't go with them.

Of those, all would require new/updated molds except Invisible Woman. Yes, Misty was done before but this time I'd put her in a short sleeve black turtle neck, that would show her bionic arm instead of just the fist. I'd probably put Moondragon and Valkyrie on bigger molds like the gray shehulk. Definitely would give Mantis a more rounded, robust buck to go with.

Hasbro has been using the same body mold for females for too long; they need to branch out and this line up gives them something to work with.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
38 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

If I had to do a poll of 3 female figures, I'd have gone with Tigra, Mantis, Moondragon, Misty Knight, original Valkryie, and Invisible Woman (translucent) and choose from those 6. I didn't see Hasbro's original poll so I have no idea if any of these characters were in it, but if so, its a shame they didn't go with them.

Of those, all would require new/updated molds except Invisible Woman. Yes, Misty was done before but this time I'd put her in a short sleeve black turtle neck, that would show her bionic arm instead of just the fist. I'd probably put Moondragon and Valkyrie on bigger molds like the gray shehulk. Definitely would give Mantis a more rounded, robust buck to go with.

Hasbro has been using the same body mold for females for too long; they need to branch out and this line up gives them something to work with.

I would have gone with Nebula, Nova, classic Valkyrie and Tigra. But i like your list too.

I like the id

On 7/28/2020 at 7:05 PM, Atlantis said:

I definitely want a redone Tigra. She's a visually cool character from both the Avengers and Defenders. I thought the one we got was pretty stiff, which was disappointing since she's so agile. I really wanted that Mantis figure from Guardians but unfortunately she was the BAF and I wasn't interested in any of the characters from the wave. I've bought a lot of FF figures since the start of Marvel Legends but am not really happy with any of them. I'm assuming when Marvel does their FF movie in a few years, Hasbro will give me a definitive set of the classic team. Maybe assume is too strong a word. I'm hopefully. Hasbro is doing great lately. 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 5:52 PM, ransomz said:

I like the id

I definitely want a redone Tigra. She's a visually cool character from both the Avengers and Defenders. I thought the one we got was pretty stiff, which was disappointing since she's so agile. I really wanted that Mantis figure from Guardians but unfortunately she was the BAF and I wasn't interested in any of the characters from the wave. I've bought a lot of FF figures since the start of Marvel Legends but am not really happy with any of them. I'm assuming when Marvel does their FF movie in a few years, Hasbro will give me a definitive set of the classic team. Maybe assume is too strong a word. I'm hopefully. Hasbro is doing great lately. 

The Mantis i'm talking about is the only one that counts...70s original. My fear is that they'll put her on the scrawny buck and give her very stiff plastic on her outfit that wont allow her to move the legs. They need to use a more robust figure, they need to use the same soft pliable plastic strands on for her skirt they used for Mr Sinister. 

she-skipped-the-comics-1560549852.jpg

I wanted Sif, mainly because its so damn expensive , she's really key character for Thor, I guess I will have to get box set one for 40-50 bucks now, but Silk is good too and her prices are even higher than Sif's pricing, although I think this head seems to be not as well painted as previous one or at least it seems so from these pics, hopefully she look better in actuality.  I might try using unmasked head for my shortened Psylocke. 

26 minutes ago, Jmo said:

Oh, Look! ANOTHER silk figure! How original?!🙄

Yeah. None  of the choices were good for me so i refrained from voting. Simple repaints of characters I don’t want. 

To each their own, if I had to chose I would have gone for Sif based on sculpt alone.

2 hours ago, Jmo said:

Oh, Look! ANOTHER silk figure! How original?!🙄

Im confused about this statement, the whole fan vote thing was about getting another character that was already released but with more tooling/parts. Also this statement acts like Silk has more than one thats not this one, which was released 2 years ago and was the most demanded from that particular wave and garnered alot in the aftermarket. 

To me Silk was the best choice, not only because it came with more accessories but was demanded the most when the original was released. Also knowing Hasbro, the other figures will most likely see a release anyway.  

Very happy with this outcome, I wanted the Silk figure to win, because I never ended up finding her, and she costs an arm and a leg now on the aftermarket, plus this has more accurate coloring then the original version, I'm hoping this isn't hard to get

I wasn't too stoked about any of them really, but I did vote for Elektra. At least it was different enough that it changed the general look of the character. I don't really see the much difference from the first Silk. Good for those who didn't catch the first one though. Kind of a lame fan poll altogether.

• 4 weeks later...

Back in February Hasbro ran a fan poll asking folks to choose between updated version of Silk, Lady Sif or Elektra to be made into an action figure. Originally the results were said to be revealed during SDCC with the figure being made available there. Of course Comic-Con was canceled and the announcement of the winner was delayed.

Last month we saw the winner leak out overseas and it was Silk. Well now Hasbro has gone on and made the official announcement for the winner and they say the figure will be available for purchase on HasbroPulse later this month. Likely it will go on sale for their Pulse-Con which takes place the week of September 23.

Hasbro says SILK ended up with 57% of the vote for the win. Sif ended up getting 35% and Elektra getting only 8%.

Silk-01.jpg

Silk-02.jpg

Silk-03.jpg

Glad too see them finally address this, I'm sad Lady Sif didn't win, but this Silk is ridiculously expensive on secondary market, So this needed to happen. I hope Hasbro continues this project annually, this fan vote figures make a lot of sense for the rerelease of figures that weren't real strong sellers in retail but still ended up crazy expensive on secondary market.

I hope if they do a poll in the future its for characters that never were done, or only saw a very limited release (like Storm from Jubilee wave) or Tigra, Mantis, Moondragon, original Valkryie, for example. And I'd go with choices that mean different body molds. I've said it before, Hasbro has been using the same body mold for females for too long; they need to branch out and this idea makes that happen. A Tigra is gonna have a furry look to it that cant translate over to a 6'3" Valkyrie (also lets them re-use it for Wolfsbane and the like).