JayC

Marvel Legends Fan Vote 2020 Announced

The whole A-force set was a must have. I'm surprised most didn't get it. I particularly love Elsa Bloodstone.

1 hour ago, tarot said:

The whole A-force set was a must have. I'm surprised most didn't get it. I particularly love Elsa Bloodstone.

Considering how long they sat on shelves at Toys R Us and then how long fan channels had them once TRU went out of business. I would hardly say it was a must have. I thought it was cool but only wanted Sif. 

The A-Force set was an altogether Hit-or-Miss production. I have rarely found anyone that was outright happy with every figure and would have liked for them to have been released as singles. For me the standouts and "must haves" were Sif, Bloodstone and Monica. I couldn't care less about Singularity. That She-Hulk, who was badly in need of an update, is hands down, the wonky-est looking female figure Hasbro has ever produced since the Blob wave Emma Frost and the Lady Loki was a terrible idea from inception (though I really did appreciate the use of the Moonstone buck once again). It was a good idea, and I hope the underwhelming response to this set will not deter Hasbro from doing an all-female cast of characters sometime in the future. I think the learning opportunity here is in the character selection. I honestly think the Lady Liberators (including Tigra, Colleen Wing, and Thundra) would have been a better choice.

I'd take a boxset of Brian Wood's all-lady X-Men cast in a heartbeat. It could give people a second shot at Kitty, Jubilee-wave Storm, and vampire Jubilee, and could include new figures of relatively enduring looks for Psylocke, Rogue, Rachel (actually, my favourite looks for Rogue and Rachel), and possibly M.

7 minutes ago, Benn said:

I'd take a boxset of Brian Wood's all-lady X-Men cast in a heartbeat. It could give people a second shot at Kitty, Jubilee-wave Storm, and vampire Jubilee, and could include new figures of relatively enduring looks for Psylocke, Rogue, Rachel (actually, my favourite looks for Rogue and Rachel), and possibly M.

lol, rogue would be the one people bought the box for. 

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

The A-Force set was an altogether Hit-or-Miss production. I have rarely found anyone that was outright happy with every figure and would have liked for them to have been released as singles. For me the standouts and "must haves" were Sif, Bloodstone and Monica. I couldn't care less about Singularity. That She-Hulk, who was badly in need of an update, is hands down, the wonky-est looking female figure Hasbro has ever produced since the Blob wave Emma Frost and the Lady Loki was a terrible idea from inception (though I really did appreciate the use of the Moonstone buck once again). It was a good idea, and I hope the underwhelming response to this set will not deter Hasbro from doing an all-female cast of characters sometime in the future. I think the learning opportunity here is in the character selection. I honestly think the Lady Liberators (including Tigra, Colleen Wing, and Thundra) would have been a better choice.

Yeah I ended up grabbing Sif, Monica and singularity (solely based on how cool she looked) individually off eBay and ended up paying just under $20 each on average.  Later on the set was discounted but too late for me. Never saw it at tru back then either, only on their website. 

didn’t have any interest in lady Loki or Elsa, and the she-hulk didn’t seem like a huge upgrade over the version I already had so I held off on her as well.

i do appreciate hasbro taking a risk by producing a big set with all female characters, especially so many that didn’t previously have figures.

The A-Force set was a good set (Especially when it was reduced on BBTS). Pretty happy with all the figures.