Could A Marvel Legends Punisher War Van Be In The Works From Hasbro???

JayC

13 hours ago, monron999 said:

Lol. I think the Mystery Machine would be the ONLY thing that would actually stick out more than a blacked out van with giant skulls and Punisher logos on the sides. Maybe something like a soccer mom panel van, with a bobbing Hula Girl on the dash.

What about the Turtle's Party Wagon?

I think that people have unrealistically low expectations of price. The Imperial Transport from The Mandalorian is coming out soon, made by Hasbro, for 3.75" figures. It has a nice, detailed sculpt, but is fairly light on play features and removable pieces. The paint job is simple but effective, mainly a wash to bring out the sculpted details. It looks like it's about 14 inches long. It doesn't have any electronic features, or even things like firing projectiles (which is fine). It does not include any action figures. The MSRP is $69.99. If we're talking a to-scale, big van, which can seat two figures up front, and has all of the detail and moving parts that it should, has a fully-stocked arsenal, and an exclusive Punsiher figure... I'll be pleasantly surprised if they can do it justice for less than $299.99. Obviously, a lot of people won't buy it at that price (and a lot of people will), but I just think that people should mentally prepare themselves for the sticker shock if Hasbro reveals it this weekend. A huge, expensive item like that simply isn't going to be carried by brick-and-mortar these days- honestly, Haslab is probably their best bet, as they have guaranteed sales of a certain number of units for what would seem liek a risky item for them otherwise. 

I mean, mattel unveiled the WWE Slambulance yesterday which would be comparable in size to a punisher van.  That definitely comes across as more of a kiddie toy what with all the parts that break off and such.  My guess is the price for that will be $50-60, since the wrekkin slammobile car retailed for $30. But of course since the riders sell for $40 just for a bike or scooter its not to imagine hasbro charging more.... If you start getting into the $100 price range  or higher ,  i think you are approaching the point where it needs to be a haslab project or something as i can't see stores stocking it, especially since they barely stock the riders line now.  And i definitely cannot see them selling the van without an accompanying punisher figure. 

On 2/22/2020 at 5:53 AM, bashpics99 said:

I mean, mattel unveiled the WWE Slambulance yesterday which would be comparable in size to a punisher van.  That definitely comes across as more of a kiddie toy what with all the parts that break off and such.  My guess is the price for that will be $50-60, since the wrekkin slammobile car retailed for $30. But of course since the riders sell for $40 just for a bike or scooter its not to imagine hasbro charging more.... If you start getting into the $100 price range  or higher ,  i think you are approaching the point where it needs to be a haslab project or something as i can't see stores stocking it, especially since they barely stock the riders line now.  And i definitely cannot see them selling the van without an accompanying punisher figure. 

Thank you for the tip on the Slambulance! That thing will be great when customized. Just remove the WW's and the "SL" and you got a cool 1/12 toy. I agree it will be $50 or $60 and at that price point I will get a few and customize them. I can already see two of them all painted black ready for Agents of SHIELD, etc.

Slambulance__scaled_800.jpg

I should pick up more copies of the WWE car. I was waiting for a sale, but I feel like that won't happen and $30 isn't bad. I hope Hasbro keeps making more 1/12 vehicles.

9 hours ago, Cuckoos said:

Thank you for the tip on the Slambulance! That thing will be great when customized. Just remove the WW's and the "SL" and you got a cool 1/12 toy. I agree it will be $50 or $60 and at that price point I will get a few and customize them. I can already see two of them all painted black ready for Agents of SHIELD, etc.

Slambulance__scaled_800.jpg

I should pick up more copies of the WWE car. I was waiting for a sale, but I feel like that won't happen and $30 isn't bad. I hope Hasbro keeps making more 1/12 vehicles.

Yeah i figure a lot of people will customize that ambulance.  I got the car for $20 on clearance, and for a little while it was down to around $20 on amazon as well, but at the moment its back up to around $30

On 2/18/2020 at 7:38 PM, The Mad Bubbler said:

I think that folks are grossly underestimating the cost for this. My guess? This will be elaborate and well-done... and be the first Marvel Legends HasLab project. I am thinking $300-$400.00. Hasbro charges $40.00 for a moped with a figure, so that's my guess. I would love it if it cost less than that, but we'll see...

No way. It wouldn't be anymore than $80-90 (Luke's speeder was $60). There's been 5" scale vans forever, and as long as some assembly required, they can keep the cost down since it's really just slabs of plastic. I think for a Punisher van, people really want to see some guns, and weapons storage.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 11:34 PM, The Mad Bubbler said:

I think that people have unrealistically low expectations of price... I'll be pleasantly surprised if they can do it justice for less than $299.99....I just think that people should mentally prepare themselves for the sticker shock if Hasbro reveals it this weekend. A huge, expensive item like that simply isn't going to be carried by brick-and-mortar these days- honestly, Haslab is probably their best bet, as they have guaranteed sales of a certain number of units for what would seem liek a risky item for them otherwise. 

That's unrealistically high, unless youre talking real metal, glass, working lights and sounds.  Hasbro has to make it affordable and no way are they gonna market such a thing at $300.00. Customers are already balking at the figures possibly going for $30.00 in the future. Would YOU pay $300.00 for this??

They simply cant make a profit off the very few who could afford the van at that ridiculous price. Also, they would likely make it in a way that it can be easily modified as a base for other vans/vehicles, much like the figures themselves. You have "base" molds that are essentially repainted and tweaked to make new figures; the same would probably apply to a vehicle. 

On 3/1/2020 at 1:08 AM, Atlantis said:

That's unrealistically high, unless youre talking real metal, glass, working lights and sounds.  Hasbro has to make it affordable and no way are they gonna market such a thing at $300.00. Customers are already balking at the figures possibly going for $30.00 in the future. Would YOU pay $300.00 for this??

They simply cant make a profit off the very few who could afford the van at that ridiculous price. Also, they would likely make it in a way that it can be easily modified as a base for other vans/vehicles, much like the figures themselves. You have "base" molds that are essentially repainted and tweaked to make new figures; the same would probably apply to a vehicle. 

I feel like a lot of people on here have toy MSRPs in their heads from 10-15 years ago, and don't realize how dramatically they have gone up in recent years. The giant Millennium Falcon that came out around 2008 or so was $150-$180. Hasbro has said that if they re-issued it today, they would have to charge $500.00 for it. I'm not faulting people who wouldn't pay Hasbro's MSRP- I'm just saying that people shouldn't have unrealistic expectations. The Slambulance isn't really comparable- it is not fully detailed, not truly to scale, etc.. 

And, yes, if it was done well, I would pay $300.00 for it. As for your otehr concern, that's why it would likely have to be a HasLab project- money up front, guaranteed sales minimum, etc..