Could A Marvel Legends Punisher War Van Be In The Works From Hasbro???

JayC

With Toy Fair only a few days away, Marvel Legends rumors continue to run wild. One that came across my desk recently, is word of a 6" scale Marvel Legends Punisher War Van. I have no real confirmation on this one, but it does sound interesting.

If true, this would likely be a larger vehicle than what we have seen for the Deluxe Rider series Hasbro has been doing. Up until now, Hasbro has primarily stuck to different types of motorcycles for that line.

Toy Biz did a Punsher Van for their original Marvel 5" line, which tends to fetch a pretty penny on the secondary market these days.

In the 80's and 90's, a van was Frank Castle's preferred mode of transportation. Granted in the comics and even in the Spider-Man animated series it didn't feature a big Punisher logo on the side like the Toy Biz one does.

If Hasbro ends up doing such a vehicle for the 6" Marvel Legends line, I assumes it will be a solid black color. I could maybe see them adding the pop-up machine gun on the top. If this rumor actually becomes a reality, I hope they stock up the back of the van with lots of usable weapons. If we could get a lot of nicely detailed weapons for Frank to use, that alone would probably make it worth getting.

If this rumor turns out to be true, we will likely find out for sure on Saturday. That is when coverage of the Hasbro Toy Fair showroom will take place. Things should begin around 1:30pm ET.

Punisher-Marvel-Legends-Van.jpg

6 minutes ago, mako said:

Thank God Toyfair is close. These endless rumor articles are getting old.

With all the ML stuff Hasbro has on tap for this year, you can probably expect the rumors to continue through out the year. Damn dude you sure your alright though? You seem really angry these days about everything. Hope your doing alright.

I would love this, but as a stand alone vehicle. I don't want another Punisher Fig packed in. That would be cruel and unusual punishment.

$60.00 vehicle = yes

$60.00 vehicle * $20.00 figure (I don't need) = FU Hasbro. 

We've been calling for vehicles like this on the forum for some time now. While I hate to feed speculation and rumor, a war van isn't all that unlikely. I highly doubt theyd do something as dorky as putting the logo on it. The skull symbol, maybe. And yes why wouldn't a figure be thrown in, especially one that has enough differences from the variants already out there. Somewhere around the $60-80 point.

And then a Cap van that has a ramp for his motorcycle!

Punisher_battle_van - Copy.jpg

2 hours ago, silverback said:

While they are at it I would love to have one of those flying rocket saddles that came with the toybiz Hawkeye. I stupidly traded it in with the figure a few years ago. Now I need it for my Dreadknight figure. Of all the dumb mistakes.

Aw, dude.  You went full Hasbro, man.  Never go full Hasbro.

(Says the guy who just last night thought to himself, "Ha, no need to collect that Demogoblin BAF.  Still got my old trusty Toybiz version that works just fine.  In fact, I --  Wait...  They corrected the belt.  THEY CORRECTED THE BELT!  Damnit!"  *opens wallet*)

I think that folks are grossly underestimating the cost for this. My guess? This will be elaborate and well-done... and be the first Marvel Legends HasLab project. I am thinking $300-$400.00. Hasbro charges $40.00 for a moped with a figure, so that's my guess. I would love it if it cost less than that, but we'll see...

6 hours ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

I think that folks are grossly underestimating the cost for this. My guess? This will be elaborate and well-done... and be the first Marvel Legends HasLab project. I am thinking $300-$400.00. Hasbro charges $40.00 for a moped with a figure, so that's my guess. I would love it if it cost less than that, but we'll see...

Well, we have no idea that it WILL get done, its a rumor at this point.

But if so, Hasbro has to market it to a mass audience. Target, Walgreens, BBTS, Amazon, etc. You are grossly OVER estimating the cost at $400.00. We're not talking about actual metal and glass, sound and working head/tail lights here. Even if they threw all that in it couldn't be $300+.

If its done, it has to accommodate 6" figures, and also likely be a baseline jump-off for similar vehicles; the most they could get away with for a mass audience and still make a profit, would be $100-150.00. And by the way, JC got it wrong- it wont be black because everyone's expecting that. The Punisher needs to blend in, so its going to be colored like the Mystery Machine from Scooby Doo.

I'm of the firm belief that this will never happen, at least not as a general release. Not to say I wouldn't want it, but I just don't see it. Hasbro already treats Punisher as it's dirty little violent secret. Sure, he's had a few figures made of him since the Infinite line launched, but aside from the Vintage series, it's always been done through some exclusive format. I don't think they'd showcase what would be a much sought after machine of death and carnage on the major market, and if they did, I (as many others) think it would have a price tag of well over the $120 mark, and that's without a figure (though a Micro figure would be awesome). I think Haslab is the only feasible option for this thing, which may or may not be a good thing, it's all relative. If it goes through Haslab it's sure to have a price point of at least $350, which means they would have to include one figure and probably a butt load of weapons. That could be a definite possibility, because with the upcoming GI Joe 6" line we know Hasbro is about to have to get off their ayasses and start doing more weapons than the meager offerings we've seen through ML so far. Many people are predicting this is ML's year with Haslab and I will do my part to support the project. Just make it worth my dollar.

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

I'm of the firm belief that this will never happen, at least not as a general release. Not to say I wouldn't want it, but I just don't see it. Hasbro already treats Punisher as it's dirty little violent secret. Sure, he's had a few figures made of him since the Infinite line launched, but aside from the Vintage series, it's always been done through some exclusive format. I don't think they'd showcase what would be a much sought after machine of death and carnage on the major market, and if they did, I (as many others) think it would have a price tag of well over the $120 mark, and that's without a figure (though a Micro figure would be awesome). I think Haslab is the only feasible option for this thing, which may or may not be a good thing, it's all relative. If it goes through Haslab it's sure to have a price point of at least $350, which means they would have to include one figure and probably a butt load of weapons. That could be a definite possibility, because with the upcoming GI Joe 6" line we know Hasbro is about to have to get off their ayasses and start doing more weapons than the meager offerings we've seen through ML so far. Many people are predicting this is ML's year with Haslab and I will do my part to support the project. Just make it worth my dollar.

I Partially disagree. Punisher has seen a great deal of releases, more than most since the return of marvel legends:

- Return of marvel legend (White and red Variant)

- Walgreens Exclusive punisher (An abundant exclusive, was able to find on shelves up to 2019)

- Vintage punisher (not Exclusive)

- Netflix Punisher (not exclusive)

- War Machine Punisher (was made available from any online retailer, hardly a true exclusive)

- Vietnam Punisher  (was made available from any online retailer, hardly a true exclusive)

- Ghost rider punisher. ( Frank Castles, new role)

Honestly Hasbro seems to have affection for making Punisher's, if there was a character they would do this for it would be Castle. People always said Hasbro wouldn't make war toys, but here comes the 6" G.i. Joes! which will likely have better vehicles anyway. But still. I could see a van being made and selling on the low end for $40 and high end of $60. I say that because they are already selling figures with motorcycles larger than figures for $40 ( the price of two figures). But it's a good argument, well thought out. 

1 hour ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I Partially disagree. Punisher has seen a great deal of releases, more than most since the return of marvel legends:

- Return of marvel legend (White and red Variant)

- Walgreens Exclusive punisher (An abundant exclusive, was able to find on shelve up to 2019)

- Vintage punisher (not Exclusive)

- Netflix Punisher (not exclusive)

- War Machine Punisher (was made available from any online retailer, hardly a true exclusive)

- Vietnam Punisher  (was made available from any online retailer, hardly a true exclusive)

- Ghost rider punisher. ( Frank Castles, new role)

Honestly Hasbro seems to have affection for making Punisher's, if there was a character they would do this for it would be Castle. People always said Hasbro wouldn't make war toys, but here comes the 6" G.i. Joes! which will likely have better vehicles anyway. But still. I could see a van being made and selling on the low end for $40 and high end of $60. I say that because they are already selling figures with motorcycles larger than figures for $40 ( the price of two figures). But it's a good argument, well thought out. 

I agree, he is a fan favorite and Marvel and Hasbro know it. Us fans want it and they know we're gonna buy the ones that do get put out but everything other than the Vintage wave Punisher and Netflix Punisher (I did forget that) IS a true exclusive. Fan Channel exclusives are exclusive (though they go to many e-tailers), Walgreens exclusives are exclusive, Gamestop exclusives are exclusive. What I'm saying is it looks like they've made an effort to make sure he doesn't have a big presence on the mass retail shelves in "family" stores like WM and Target. Plus you can't count Cosmic Ghost Rider. It is Frank Castle but from another universal timeline and he has is now Ghost Rider in that timeline, not the Punisher. That's a bit of a reach. Also I specifically mentioned the time period after the Infinite Line launched so the Return of Marvel Legends era figures weren't part of the discussion I was putting forth.

29 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I agree, he is a fan favorite and Marvel and Hasbro know it. Us fans want it and they know we're gonna buy the ones that do get put out but everything other than the Vintage wave Punisher and Netflix Punisher (I did forget that) IS a true exclusive. Fan Channel exclusives are exclusive (though they go to many e-tailers), Walgreens exclusives are exclusive, Gamestop exclusives are exclusive. What I'm saying is it looks like they've made an effort to make sure he doesn't have a big presence on the mass retail shelves in "family" stores like WM and Target. Plus you can't count Cosmic Ghost Rider. It is Frank Castle but from another universal timeline and he has no association with a Punisher persona after he became Ghost Rider. That's a bit of a reach. Also I specifically mentioned the time period after the Infinite Line launched so the Return of Marvel Legends era figures weren't part of the discussion I was putting forth.

I disagree, but it's a fair argument. 

18 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

Aw, dude.  You went full Hasbro, man.  Never go full Hasbro.

(Says the guy who just last night thought to himself, "Ha, no need to collect that Demogoblin BAF.  Still got my old trusty Toybiz version that works just fine.  In fact, I --  Wait...  They corrected the belt.  THEY CORRECTED THE BELT!  Damnit!"  *opens wallet*)

HaH, I know right? Just when we think its safe to save up some money and wham, JayC is showing us something new. I blame JayC. Gotta love it.

12 hours ago, Atlantis said:

If its done, it has to accommodate 6" figures, and also likely be a baseline jump-off for similar vehicles; the most they could get away with for a mass audience and still make a profit, would be $100-150.00. And by the way, JC got it wrong- it wont be black because everyone's expecting that. The Punisher needs to blend in, so its going to be colored like the Mystery Machine from Scooby Doo.

Lol. I think the Mystery Machine would be the ONLY thing that would actually stick out more than a blacked out van with giant skulls and Punisher logos on the sides. Maybe something like a soccer mom panel van, with a bobbing Hula Girl on the dash.

I would definitely buy at least 2 and really want it! I think the price point would be around $100, but I would still get if it was higher. Besides the Marvel Legends motorcycles and the WWE car, we are really lacking in this area.

The 6" GI Joe vehicles are going to be likely jeeps/hummers/buggies. They could be painted to be almost street friendly, but they are so militarized that it's no where close to being as cool as a van could be.

Punisher battle van would have to be a tactical flat Black, no kiddie Punisher insignia on the sides plz. Punisher should be able to fit in the driver's seat as well as other 6' scale figs. A retractable 50 cal mini gun should be able to pop up on the roof of the van at the very minimum & come with bullet FXs. I also don't think it would be anywhere near $100, probably in the $65-$75 range.