Marvel Heroes Embrace Their Dark Side In New Variant Covers

JayC

Sometimes it’s good to be bad! For the month of May, your favorite Marvel characters are showing off their sinister sides in deliciously evil variant covers. From Spider-Man to Captain America, see Marvel’s most popular heroes reimagined in twisted ways and keep your eye out for more Dark Marvel Variant Cover reveals coming your way!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #45 DARK MARVEL VARIANT by DOALY

BLACK WIDOW #2 DARK MARVEL VARIANT by OLIVIER VATINE

CAPTAIN AMERICA #22 DARK MARVEL VARIANT by PATCH ZIRCHER with colors by MORRY HOLLOWELL

DOCTOR DOOM #8 DARK MARVEL VARIANT by RYAN BROWN

DEADPOOL #7 DARK MARVEL VARIANT by TONY DANIEL with colors by DAVID CURIEL

DR. STRANGE #6 DARK MARVEL VARIANT by DAVE JOHNSON

POWER PACK #2 DARK MARVEL VARIANT by GURIHIRU

X-FACTOR #2 DARK MARVEL VARIANT by DAVID NAKAYAMA

ASM2018045_dark_marvel_var.jpg

BLAW2020002_dark_marvel_var.jpg

CAPA2018022_dark_marvel_var.jpg

DOOM2019008_dark_marvel_var.jpg

DPOOL2019007_dark_marvel_var.jpg

DRS2019006_dark_marvel_var.jpg

PWRPAC2020002_dark_marvel_var.jpg

XFACT2020002_dark_marvel_var.jpg

these covers are awesome!

and I agree with JayC, I would buy a Demonic Cap, or even a Demonic Doom.. heck even that Spider-Man or Phoenix or Black Widow

very cool, but yet again as Marvel comics do now a days, the covers (especially variants) have zip to do with whats inside the book, which I think throws off casual readers who will be like wHoa! cap gets possessed by demons in this issue...only to find out no... but however no hate though

10 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

Wow.  While some of the designs are kinda cool, it seems like a pretty blatant ripoff of the whole "Dark Knights" thing at DC.  Though apparently not attached to any particular storyline.

Yeah, it screams Dark Knights/Metal ripoff

I kinda wish more of them had gone the way of the Spider-Man design, in the sense of taking the very concept of the character and turning it on its' head for horrific effect.  Most of them are just kinda generic "Demon/Zombie" versions of the characters. 

But I suppose that could have gotten a little too graphic (or in the case of Captain America politically polarizing).  As it is that Spider-Man is grade-A nightmare fuel if you're any kind of Arachnophobe.