6" Spider-Man Retro Wave Coming From Hasbro?!?

JayC

This is a rumor that has actually been floating around on the net for a while now, so I don't really consider this major breaking news. However I can tell you that I now have been able to confirm this is happening by multiple sources. Of course until Hasbro officially confirms it, which will likely happen this weekend at Toy Fair, we will still consider it a rumor.

So the wave is labeled as a 6" Spider-Man Retro wave. I assume this means the figures will come on cardbacks that pay tribute to the original Toy Biz 5" Spider-Man line which was released during the time of the 90's Spider-Man animated series on Fox. The wave will figures of Daredevil, Electro, Green Goblin, Gwen Stacy, Peter Parker, and of course Spider-Man.

Spider-Man-Retro-01.jpg

6 minutes ago, tarot said:

I posted this on my own site and in this forum but since you are looking into it and has gotten more confirmation, I'm going to assume it's more or less confirmed at this stage.

I would like the card art shown there. If not maybe one of the card art from the TB Classics line.

The card art is totally my assumption but does seem logical. All these retro waves have been based on original 5" packaging, and this was the Spider-Man equivalent to the X-Men figures. I suppose it could be regular Toy Biz cardbacks like they did with those 4" Spider-Man figures but that wouldn't really differentiate it from the regular Marvel Retro line.

Fingers crossed for Armored Daredevil. After two DDs in a spidey wave, Walgreens.. only suit I NEED is Armored ... 

wouldnt put it past Hasbro to give us another classic red but if so it would be an easy pass.. unless of course the give me an incentive to buy like a radar effect or something equally cool

4 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Fingers crossed for Armored Daredevil. After two DDs in a spidey wave, Walgreens.. only suit I NEED is Armored ... 

wouldnt put it past Hasbro to give us another classic red but if so it would be an easy pass.. unless of course the give me an incentive to buy like a radar effect or something equally cool

A lot of people want this suit but for me it's just a reminder of how unreadable DD was in the 90's until Kevin Smith rebooted it in 98, DD is my favorite character but that was a dark period

6 minutes ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

A lot of people want this suit but for me it's just a reminder of how unreadable DD was in the 90's until Kevin Smith rebooted it in 98, DD is my favorite character but that was a dark period

Yes I completely agreed. The only good thing that came out of this era for me was the Armored look. Hated it at first but over time I came to appreciate the design. 

Im a uniform completist so this is my final DD box to check.  

2 minutes ago, mako said:

Just thinking: pop the Peter Parker head on that Stan Lee body, and they'd have a pretty good start on an ML version of the Peter Parker figure from the old Spidey-line, jacket and all.

Here's hoping.

that pretty much what we are all thinking. Easy (and cheap) Peter Parker for hasbro.

As for DD, I think it will be a classic update on a the 2099 body. with goblin and electro being in their classic colors.

Spidey would be hard to predict but I can see them doing the armor mk i since it was released in this line before. (actually I think that is what made it so famous.)

Gwen......................well will just be MJ with new head, Elsa jacket and maybe a skirt.

39 minutes ago, mako said:

Just thinking: pop the Peter Parker head on that Stan Lee body, and they'd have a pretty good start on an ML version of the Peter Parker figure from the old Spidey-line, jacket and all.

Here's hoping.

Excellent idea. Exactly what I planned on doing with the Stan body but with a Chris Evans head for a easy MCU Steve Rogers. 

Man, I'm going to end up with half a dozen Stan Lees to make a bunch of civilians. Hopefully a Parker and Evans head just snap on with having to Dremel or fill.

52 minutes ago, Biggbubb said:

So excited ... so much potential ...

I'm hoping they do the web armor!

749F1D9F-C2C3-482E-A3F1-EEA98E98E1EC.jpeg

this is most certainly my current most wanted Spider-Man suit, I think alot of people clearly agree, I mean they gave us a 3.75 inch one, it's in their cards, if they could give us this and Armored DD, I really will be so damn happy

3 hours ago, Bluecomet said:

Does NY toy fair reveal most of the upcoming new marvel legends for the year or only for the 1st half? the other half during Comic Con?

Pretty much.  We'll likely get confirmation of most (but possibly not all) stuff that's coming between now and SDCC, and some sneak-peeks at a few things from later in the year (a couple figures from a couple or three waves).

Then SDCC will have the remainder of the year's stuff, and previews of early-next-year product.  NYCC will show a little more, etc... etc...

But yeah, definitely don't expect we'll see the whole year's worth of stuff this weekend.  From what I recall SDCC is usually bigger on reveals for Marvel Legends than Toy Fair, though that gap has narrowed in recent years just due to the massive volume of product we've been getting.

I seem to remember the creative team teasing us with some art of armored Daredevil at one of the conventions last year, I think at the same one where Quicksilver was teased, and we haven't seen anything about it since. Could he make it into this lineup? With the rumors of the black suited Kingpin coming out, could this wave possibly have a BAF, or is it more likely he will be sold as an oversized figure on a vintage card similar to the way the Hulk was done? As for the rest of the wave, I could really go for a classic Electro (with actual hands), Vermin, a Sandman that isn't completely out of scale, Gwen Stacy and Spider-Man in his black and red duds. And hey, now that all the different Marvel franchises are play nice with each other again, maybe they'll finally snap and give us the Firestar we've been asking for, for like forever.

31 minutes ago, tarot said:

looking it up TB did do a Armored DD for the 5inch line of Marvel Superheroes.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNaIqT0p4EzRvRnFciO5Q

They also did a classic version in the same line

07fde6b60e49b4e6600f82e5abf7b746.jpg

We don't need a classic version of this, We just got the Amazon set, All new all different, and Hobgoblin wave. Armored would be a cool figure. One we've never seen articulated.