6" Spider-Man Retro Wave Coming From Hasbro?!?

JayC

2 hours ago, monron999 said:

I seem to remember the creative team teasing us with some art of armored Daredevil at one of the conventions last year, I think at the same one where Quicksilver was teased, and we haven't seen anything about it since. Could he make it into this lineup? With the rumors of the black suited Kingpin coming out, could this wave possibly have a BAF, or is it more likely he will be sold as an oversized figure on a vintage card similar to the way the Hulk was done? As for the rest of the wave, I could really go for a classic Electro (with actual hands), Vermin, a Sandman that isn't completely out of scale, Gwen Stacy and Spider-Man in his black and red duds. And hey, now that all the different Marvel franchises are play nice with each other again, maybe they'll finally snap and give us the Firestar we've been asking for, for like forever.

Yeah I remember that DD tease

1 hour ago, tarot said:

exactly. that's what make me think we will just get a "new" classic version.

But a Classic DD have been done twice already in the past years, the Defenders Package and the one with the Pizza Spidey, I don't see a classic re-release happening so soon, also the retro package is just a vibe, not an accurate replica of the 90s line, I.E. there was never a Dazzler in the Xmen TB 90s line.

17 minutes ago, Legender said:

But a Classic DD have been done twice already in the past years, the Defenders Package and the one with the Pizza Spidey, I don't see a classic re-release happening so soon, also the retro package is just a vibe, not an accurate replica of the 90s line, I.E. there was never a Dazzler in the Xmen TB 90s line.

The Defenders pack was an Amazon US exclusive and the Rhino BAF one is old now. I want a classic one thats good with butterfly joints thats classic and available to UK collectors.

1 hour ago, Flipflopguy said:

The Defenders pack was an Amazon US exclusive and the Rhino BAF one is old now. I want a classic one thats good with butterfly joints thats classic and available to UK collectors.

I'm sure you will get it. Hasbro and Marvel Legends aren't going anywhere. We got years and years of updating old characters. Soon we will have an updated Spiderman/Dardevil/Captain America/Iron-man. And soon after that we will get another revision of those characters. It's and endless Abyss that we willing dive into. 

Image result for swan dive

6 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I'm sure you will get it. Hasbro and Marvel Legends aren't going anywhere. We got years and years of updating old characters. Soon we will have an updated Spiderman/Dardevil/Captain America/Iron-man. And soon after that we will get another revision of those characters. It's and endless Abyss that we willing dive into. 

Image result for swan dive

Said this ... maybe I'm getting old ... but u cant see the updated joint in a collection of 400 figures on the shelf, sometimes the upgrade is not really noticeable (I.E. Union Jack, yes the figure was better but u need to have both on your hands to notice it, from far look very similar) ... so maybe is time for me to stop buying complete waves and just pick the new characters, unless is a HUGE upgrade like the Toybiz Scarlet Witch to the Habro one. But Happy for the ones that love a new hat in their Stacy Malibu!

3 hours ago, Legender said:

Said this ... maybe I'm getting old ... but u cant see the updated joint in a collection of 400 figures on the shelf, sometimes the upgrade is not really noticeable (I.E. Union Jack, yes the figure was better but u need to have both on your hands to notice it, from far look very similar) ... so maybe is time for me to stop buying complete waves and just pick the new characters, unless is a HUGE upgrade like the Toybiz Scarlet Witch to the Habro one. But Happy for the ones that love a new hat in their Stacy Malibu!

But she's got a new hat!

19 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

Pretty much.  We'll likely get confirmation of most (but possibly not all) stuff that's coming between now and SDCC, and some sneak-peeks at a few things from later in the year (a couple figures from a couple or three waves).

Then SDCC will have the remainder of the year's stuff, and previews of early-next-year product.  NYCC will show a little more, etc... etc...

But yeah, definitely don't expect we'll see the whole year's worth of stuff this weekend.  From what I recall SDCC is usually bigger on reveals for Marvel Legends than Toy Fair, though that gap has narrowed in recent years just due to the massive volume of product we've been getting.

Thanks for this 🙂 appreciated the detailed response

10 hours ago, Legender said:

Toymakers never want to quite make the "perfect" version of any given character, because they know if they do that people will be less likely to buy more versions of them.  So there's always some incremental improvement...a couple points of articulation here, some better paint apps or alternate/FX-parts there, etc...

It took me a long time before I started doing the work of combing through my collection to sell off redundant versions of characters.  Even if you allow yourself to keep (all or some) alternate costume versions there are some characters that have a ton of versions of their "main/classic" costume between Toy Biz and Hasbro.

The only exceptions to this rule tend to be "boutique" companies like Boss Fight and Super7, but they probably know they're not going to be putting out a dozen versions of the same character so it makes sense to just try to do it right the first time.

10 hours ago, Legender said:

If all your gonna do is stick it on a shelf to look at them. the update will almost never matter.

If you like taking part in toy photography and want things to be authentic, articulation updates are better for that. 

As I get older, I cherry pick more and more. As I am not a wardrobe hoarder. I mostly like the best articulated, most accurate iconic look.  So while I may upgrade my classic figures, I do not find I necessary to get a lot of different version of  the same character. 

4 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

Toymakers never want to quite make the "perfect" version of any given character, because they know if they do that people will be less likely to buy more versions of them.  So there's always some incremental improvement...a couple points of articulation here, some better paint apps or alternate/FX-parts there, etc...

It took me a long time before I started doing the work of combing through my collection to sell off redundant versions of characters.  Even if you allow yourself to keep (all or some) alternate costume versions there are some characters that have a ton of versions of their "main/classic" costume between Toy Biz and Hasbro.

The only exceptions to this rule tend to be "boutique" companies like Boss Fight and Super7, but they probably know they're not going to be putting out a dozen versions of the same character so it makes sense to just try to do it right the first time.

Indeed like how many "Ultimate" Pennywises have NECA done?

8 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

If all your gonna do is stick it on a shelf to look at them. the update will almost never matter.

Yup, I like to arrive to my room, see all my Saint Seiya and all my Marvel Legends in a shelf, play a video-game and read some comic books, and not bother anyone with my collection or any of my guests feel intimidated for soooo many toys (for some weird reason not all my dates are turned-on to see plenty of superheroes, LOL)

So, yeah i will start to pick the figures if the upgrade is not HUG. Glad u enjoy the photography 🙂

On 2/21/2020 at 3:56 PM, Legender said:

Yup, I like to arrive to my room, see all my Saint Seiya and all my Marvel Legends in a shelf, play a video-game and read some comic books, and not bother anyone with my collection or any of my guests feel intimidated for soooo many toys (for some weird reason not all my dates are turned-on to see plenty of superheroes, LOL)

So, yeah i will start to pick the figures if the upgrade is not HUG. Glad u enjoy the photography 🙂

I've never had a single problem having a date turned on or off by my figures. After the Spiderman being revealed. It is a huge upgrade and worthy of a purchase. 

Man, I really like that Spider-Man. New body, new heads; exactly what I've been wanting really so am glad about that.

The previous black suits on the Ant-Man body didn't really do it for me, so I am one that hopes to see black suit re-done on this buck too, with the same head/eye style and thennnn throw it on a Secret Wars card!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_1MJHs1y0d3TvGYYYrFK

Would be cool to see Ben Reilly on that buck too.🤷‍♂️

But really excited to find out who fills the rest of the wave. Hope it's any of these guys!

Green-Goblin-Marvel-Comics-Hamilton-Spid16519e838ee64dbb62d72d1ed1920ef5.jpg340?cb=20170526164222&path-prefix=de3df7e717df7db4caacc1b6d39916b70d.jpgWndJO1apO_MLkxtcr3orcX7yxp0XdxMPBDMAdWEP751549f90f6eac5949d6bbef8b3baf69.jpgcardiac.gif

5 minutes ago, RAMCAT said:

Man, I really like that Spider-Man. New body, new heads; exactly what I've been wanting really so am glad about that.

The previous black suits on the Ant-Man body didn't really do it for me, so I am one that hopes to see black suit re-done on this buck too, with the same head/eye style and thennnn throw it on a Secret Wars card!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_1MJHs1y0d3TvGYYYrFK

Would be cool to see Ben Reilly on that buck too.🤷‍♂️

But really excited to find out who fills the rest of the wave. Hope it's any of these guys!

Green-Goblin-Marvel-Comics-Hamilton-Spid16519e838ee64dbb62d72d1ed1920ef5.jpg340?cb=20170526164222&path-prefix=de3df7e717df7db4caacc1b6d39916b70d.jpgWndJO1apO_MLkxtcr3orcX7yxp0XdxMPBDMAdWEP751549f90f6eac5949d6bbef8b3baf69.jpgcardiac.gif

Read the first again and you will see what the rumored listing is, Daredevil, Electro and Green Goblin.

This packaging is everything for me, my ultimate nostalgia, I still think its the best card design for superhero toy line ever made. I guess, I would even buy a turd if it was in that packaging, however, what they showed us is everything I asked for, new Spider-Man body inspired by animated series, Yes! Yes! and Yes! Gwen Stacy figure finally! Yes!!!! + additional Mj head. I hope they continue line with Rhino, Chameleon and  classic Black Cat. My only issue is that new Spidey won't have pinless technology, if anyone it's the spidey who needs this the most due to his costume design, which is really ironic, but  I guess they will do deluxe spidey down the line. 

IMG_2575__scaled_800.jpg