JayC

6" Spider-Man Retro Wave Coming From Hasbro?!?

This is a rumor that has actually been floating around on the net for a while now, so I don't really consider this major breaking news. However I can tell you that I now have been able to confirm this is happening by multiple sources. Of course until Hasbro officially confirms it, which will likely happen this weekend at Toy Fair, we will still consider it a rumor.

So the wave is labeled as a 6" Spider-Man Retro wave. I assume this means the figures will come on cardbacks that pay tribute to the original Toy Biz 5" Spider-Man line which was released during the time of the 90's Spider-Man animated series on Fox. The wave will figures of Daredevil, Electro, Green Goblin, Gwen Stacy, Peter Parker, and of course Spider-Man.

Spider-Man-Retro-01.jpg

I posted this on my own site and in this forum but since you are looking into it and has gotten more confirmation, I'm going to assume it's more or less confirmed at this stage.

I would like the card art shown there. If not maybe one of the card art from the TB Classics line.

6 minutes ago, tarot said:

I posted this on my own site and in this forum but since you are looking into it and has gotten more confirmation, I'm going to assume it's more or less confirmed at this stage.

I would like the card art shown there. If not maybe one of the card art from the TB Classics line.

The card art is totally my assumption but does seem logical. All these retro waves have been based on original 5" packaging, and this was the Spider-Man equivalent to the X-Men figures. I suppose it could be regular Toy Biz cardbacks like they did with those 4" Spider-Man figures but that wouldn't really differentiate it from the regular Marvel Retro line.

Fingers crossed for Armored Daredevil. After two DDs in a spidey wave, Walgreens.. only suit I NEED is Armored ... 

wouldnt put it past Hasbro to give us another classic red but if so it would be an easy pass.. unless of course the give me an incentive to buy like a radar effect or something equally cool

Of all the rumors that have floated through here lately, THIS is the one I'm crossing my fingers for.

4 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Fingers crossed for Armored Daredevil. After two DDs in a spidey wave, Walgreens.. only suit I NEED is Armored ... 

wouldnt put it past Hasbro to give us another classic red but if so it would be an easy pass.. unless of course the give me an incentive to buy like a radar effect or something equally cool

A lot of people want this suit but for me it's just a reminder of how unreadable DD was in the 90's until Kevin Smith rebooted it in 98, DD is my favorite character but that was a dark period

Just thinking: pop the Peter Parker head on that Stan Lee body, and they'd have a pretty good start on an ML version of the Peter Parker figure from the old Spidey-line, jacket and all.

Here's hoping.

6 minutes ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

A lot of people want this suit but for me it's just a reminder of how unreadable DD was in the 90's until Kevin Smith rebooted it in 98, DD is my favorite character but that was a dark period

Yes I completely agreed. The only good thing that came out of this era for me was the Armored look. Hated it at first but over time I came to appreciate the design. 

Im a uniform completist so this is my final DD box to check.  

2 minutes ago, mako said:

Just thinking: pop the Peter Parker head on that Stan Lee body, and they'd have a pretty good start on an ML version of the Peter Parker figure from the old Spidey-line, jacket and all.

Here's hoping.

that pretty much what we are all thinking. Easy (and cheap) Peter Parker for hasbro.

As for DD, I think it will be a classic update on a the 2099 body. with goblin and electro being in their classic colors.

Spidey would be hard to predict but I can see them doing the armor mk i since it was released in this line before. (actually I think that is what made it so famous.)

Gwen......................well will just be MJ with new head, Elsa jacket and maybe a skirt.

Darn it! I dont know why but I read that as 90s animated series wave at first.. I'd really like a Chameleon and Doc Ock from that show..

43 minutes ago, McHogan said:

That is the one I would like to see, in fact really the only other version of DD I would be interested in getting.

Definitely looking forward to Gwen and Peter if the list is right. Never hurts to have regular people and alter egos.

39 minutes ago, mako said:

Here's hoping.

Excellent idea. Exactly what I planned on doing with the Stan body but with a Chris Evans head for a easy MCU Steve Rogers. 

Man, I'm going to end up with half a dozen Stan Lees to make a bunch of civilians. Hopefully a Parker and Evans head just snap on with having to Dremel or fill.

52 minutes ago, Biggbubb said:

So excited ... so much potential ...

I'm hoping they do the web armor!

749F1D9F-C2C3-482E-A3F1-EEA98E98E1EC.jpeg

this is most certainly my current most wanted Spider-Man suit, I think alot of people clearly agree, I mean they gave us a 3.75 inch one, it's in their cards, if they could give us this and Armored DD, I really will be so damn happy

Oh man I really hope this is true! It would also be the perfect way for Hasbro to re-release Mysterio and the Hobgoblin. Fingers crossed!

This would be an interesting wave if true! A "civilian" Peter and Gwen are so much needed figures IMO. They could also work for some other custom figures. Also, a new Electro and Green Goblin in more classic style are very much needed to complement the Vulture.

The nostagia is strong with this one! If they do these, I hope they replace the rubberband on the inside..having to turn the head or the waist to get everything aligned ..memories!

I hope it does use the 90's animated series packaging. 

Does NY toy fair reveal most of the upcoming new marvel legends for the year or only for the 1st half? the other half during Comic Con?

2 hours ago, Flipflopguy said:

I'm hoping we get a Classic Spider-Man and Classic Daredevil on the Superior Octopus body mold.

Yeas, we absolutely need an update for Pizza Spidey.

3 hours ago, Bluecomet said:

Does NY toy fair reveal most of the upcoming new marvel legends for the year or only for the 1st half? the other half during Comic Con?

Pretty much.  We'll likely get confirmation of most (but possibly not all) stuff that's coming between now and SDCC, and some sneak-peeks at a few things from later in the year (a couple figures from a couple or three waves).

Then SDCC will have the remainder of the year's stuff, and previews of early-next-year product.  NYCC will show a little more, etc... etc...

But yeah, definitely don't expect we'll see the whole year's worth of stuff this weekend.  From what I recall SDCC is usually bigger on reveals for Marvel Legends than Toy Fair, though that gap has narrowed in recent years just due to the massive volume of product we've been getting.

36 minutes ago, mako said:

Yeas, we absolutely need an update for Pizza Spidey.

I hope we get a new classic Spiderman on the Bullseye mold or with that new Doc Ock mold they just re:did with the diaphragm joint.