Toy Fair 2020 Marvel Legends Official Discusion

tarot

Well you guys know what time it is. Since we will probably get news during this week You can discuss it all here. Rules as always:

• DO NOT POST PICS OR LINKs TO OTHER SITES.
    • I know we all get excited when we read something on another site but please know that this site will post news and images on the main page. You are allow to write what other sites have reported, that fine as we know we can't stop you all from doing that but don't post any pics or link. That plus our boss get really mad at us lol 😛
  • Don't not make multiple thread discussing the same thing.
    • Keep all Toyfair/SDCC/Hascon/NYCC news to this thread. If you have an opinion or even anger rant (come one we know some one will), please post it here. If we MODs see a thread like this one, it will be merged together with this one.
  • Try and keep wishlist til after the Toyfair/SDCC/Hascon/NYCC (Sunday or Monday).
    • We are not going to ban wishlist thread, in fact we like them, but there is really no point in making a list until we know all that is coming out. Also their will usually be the annual "Post SDCC/Hascon/NYCC Wishlist" Thread going up on Monday.
  • DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A MCU VS COMIC THREAD!!
    • Over the past couple of months there has been an increase in threads going from talking about one particular topic into a thread filled with MCU VS Comic or Peg Cloggin. Keep this thread talking about the reveals and figures. Nothing else. BUT if you don't like the MCU or even comic figures figures revealed then you can say that.

News:

Unless something happens in the next hour or 2, it looks like we won't get a reveal today. Extremely high chance we will get something tommorrow 

I should also remind people of Hasbro's Marvel Legends tactic of revealing the "bad" stuff first (which is subjective) and then blasts us with the good stuff  at the official (again subjective).

Also I want to remind people that Hasbro will Livestream their panel at Toyfair on their facebook, twitter etc pages. I'm sure JayC will link it on here so be prepared for that. This will be the entire Hasbro TF reveals so they will more then likely reveal the other stuff first.

So I'm confused:  Is Hasbro doing like, "Toy Fair Exclusives" this year or something on Hasbro Pulse?  (Like that GI Joe 6" Snake-Eyes figure that pictures of have been floating around for a couple days?)

Or are the preorders that go up Saturday just for stuff that's eventually going to be available either everywhere or through "fan channels?"

Trying to figure out if Hasbro Pulse Premium is going to be worth it.   Especially having no idea what the SDCC exclusives might be this year (and if the last two years are any indication won't find out until a few days before the convention).

Here is a quick round-up of what is coming from today (please no more. My hands are tired and resting for tomorrow):

On 2/20/2020 at 4:24 PM, Jmacq1 said:

Trying to figure out if Hasbro Pulse Premium is going to be worth it.   Especially having no idea what the SDCC exclusives might be this year (and if the last two years are any indication won't find out until a few days before the convention).

I got an email from Pulse On Feb 13th saying my Premium membership got extended. I assume everyone else got the same email?

Since Pulse has the Gamerverse wave up for pre-order we can get a great look at these new figures. Does anyone else think the comic figures are looking a little cartoony? All three ( Rage, Mar-Vell, and Mach1) look.... I don't want to say cheap but the sculpting skews a little on the caricature side and less realistic that other recent comic waves have looked. The recent FF wave is a perfect example of realism of the comic characters... these look...off.

obviosly will make a decision once I see them in the wild

2 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Since Pulse has the Gamerverse wave up for pre-order we can get a great look at these new figures. Does anyone else think the comic figures are looking a little cartoony? All three ( Rage, Mar-Vell, and Mach1) look.... I don't want to say cheap but the sculpting skews a little on the caricature side and less realistic that other recent comic waves have looked. The recent FF wave is a perfect example of realism of the comic characters... these look...off.

obviosly will make a decision once I see them in the wild

I think Rage looks fine but I agree with you on the other two.  I have the same issue with the comic figures from the Black Widow wave.

Two words........CLASSIC STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😂😂 At last!! At long last!!!!

Iron Man 2020 was a total no-brainer, but man am I stoked to see him too! And Nimrod looks awesome! That Gwen Stacey figure looks great as well. And Black Tom Cassidy?? Hasbro is hitting all the right chords for classic characters, man. I just pray to ye Gods of plastic that Storm isn't some kind of exclusive!

8 minutes ago, Air-Walker said:

Two words........CLASSIC STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😂😂 At last!! At long last!!!!

Iron Man 2020 was a total no-brainer, but man am I stoked to see him too! And Nimrod looks awesome! That Gwen Stacey figure looks great as well. And Black Tom Cassidy?? Hasbro is hitting all the right chords for classic characters, man. I just pray to ye Gods of plastic that Storm isn't some kind of exclusive!

um. Storm is a Target exclusive in some kind of set.

Man oh man what reveals, this year is looking insane , the amount of stuff coming out is going to make my bank account explode, I don't even know where to start here so many cool things, alot of surprises , the Nimrod BAF look awesome and I didn't think I cared about that even happening, the new Storm and Rogue look fantastic, I am really shocked to see Old Man Clint and Logan (done so much better than the original) I don't think I need many of those figures though but they look good, I can hardly believe how amazing these X-Men movie figures are looking, I don't think I want many of them but the sculpts are crazy, Domino, Nagasonic and Mystique are the ones I'd be caring about getting, and honestly who woulda thunk that a Movie Deadpool would actually be...uh something I'd want. Black tom! and Maverick finally... although that gold on Maverick looks kinda cheap, the Rider punisher cool.. but pass, the Gamerverse wave.. sorta meh.. Mach 1, Mar-vell and leader are so finally needed but the BAF and the other Game figures nah, Iron Man 2020.. nah... War Machine FINALLY!!!! AND GWEN STACY! , AOA apocalypse.. omg , and crazy enough... that new Spider-Man... holy

Hasbro is going to bankrupt me... sigh

Huh? hasbro didn't sneak anything into the showroom? that's unusual.

Anyhow, all the stuff shown were great. Not perfect but can't complains.

• Iron Man 2020 - I always wanted this version so great.
  • Venomized figures- Seriously Hasbro. Wave "TBA"? you ain't fooling anyone. like I said before like the design but Gwenom is the one I like best.
  • Hydra trooper -eh
  • Fan Vote - My vote is for Elektra but I like Sif as well. IMO Silk is a waste has they didn't give her a proper short hair.
  • Punisher - Worst announcement of the TF but not that bad
  • Gamerverse wave - All the comic figures are a most, Iron Man and Cap are okay and Ms. Marvel is alright (she does get new arms and boat to make her different). I actually Like the Abomination figure but it won't replace my previous BAF.
  • Space Suit Iron Man - MEH
  • AOA Wave - Sugar Man is a most. was getting this wave for Morph, X-man, Dark Beast and Wild Child but the full wave is a most now.
  • Deadpool Wave - Irish represent!!! A villain yes but finally another Irish Character. and finally Maverick. Given that there is 1/2 more figures left I'm going to assume it's a female figure. 
  • Vintage line - These look nice but there is something off about the 2 parkers. It does look like the glasses are removable at least but at least the new "Classic" spidey is not the same sculpt. and here I thought it would just be a straight repaint line.
  • Deluxe - War Machine and AOA Apocalypse three word. Yes, Yes, and Yes.
  • Old Man Hawkeye and Logan - I like that they are giving us more from that universe and at least they are given us baby hulk, just seems like an odd choice.
  • X-men - Nimrod has been on my BAF list for year so nice, Legacy Rogue finally get released on a whole new sculpt and FA Storm is a finally figure. Since it's part of a Target set are we looking at a Giant Size box set with maybe Banshee and Thunderbird?
  • Movie X-men - all look nice BUT kind of late with the MCU version going to be done.
  • Sentinel - won't be sponsoring it (live in Ireland) but it's great to get. Maybe it will be mastermold?

Very pleased with the reveals, especially the War Machine figure. The sheer amount of accessories is amazing. I'm also happy with the Iron Man 2020. Not the version I wanted the most, but certainly the one I expected considering it's a retool of the 80 Years Iron Man. The Gamerverse Iron Man looks good, but the shade of red feels a bit too bright. I'm hoping it's just the lighting. The Starboost Iron Man is not the space armor I would have wanted, but it'll still look good on the shelf. I'm happy with the output for Iron Man figures this year. It's almost a wave worth of figures scattered across different releases. Maybe if I try hard enough I can pretend they're one single wave.

Aside from this, the other thing that caught my attention is the Spider-Man wave. I feel like all three figures revealed so far are excellent choices. I'm honestly tempted to replace my retro Spider-Man with this new one, but I kinda like my Spider-Man to share mold with Scarlet Spider, so I'll have to think more about getting it. Peter Parker looks good, but the glasses don't look removable, which is a shame, especially since they're opaque. I think it's weird they included an MJ head with the Gwen Stacy figure. Since the outfit they chose for the figure is so unmistakably Gwen Stacy (and I can't blame them for it, it is her most iconic look), it'll look like MJ is cosplaying Gwen on the day she died. Yikes.

I'm used to it, and I understand the thought process behind it, but I'll be forever irked by Hasbro's practise of including comic figures in movie or game waves. I find this particularly annoying with the Gamerverse wave since characters from the game like Black Widow, Thor or Taskmaster are being left out. At least I can see the comic figures in this wave being sought-after. The Leader is one of Hulk's top villains. Rage was both a New Warrior and an Avenger. Mar-Vell and MACH-I are established characters. None of these are on the level of Rock Python thankfully.

I'm eternally so over X-Men comic figures, but at least I feel these reveals aren't too superfluous. Side note, good to see Storm has the edges of her clothes properly sculpted and not just painted over. I do feel the X-Men movie figures are coming a little bit too late, since not even the X-Men cinematic universe itself is relevant anymore. But I won't deny that they're definitely desired. On the other hand, I do feel the Deadpool 2 figures are a bit more relevant.

Wow.  So much cool stuff.  Sugar Man and Nimrod look insane!

Gwen Stacy is the standout for me from the whole presentation.  They knocked it out of the park with her.  Very psyched for the War Machine and Apocalypse reveals as well.

Feeling disappointed in the Storm.  She's kind of built like a test tube and she really needs to not be.  Peter Parker's glasses are weird too with the opaque white lenses.  I hope they reconsider that for the actual release.