Toy Fair 2020 Marvel Legends Official Discusion

tarot

Of the new figures displayed in the showroom, my most desired Marvel Legends (in order) are:

• Storm - I don't care what kind of set she's in, I'll buy it for that first appearance figure; looks awesome!
  • The Leader - Edit - already pre-ordered
  • Captain Marvel/Mar-Vell - Edit - already pre-ordered
  • War Machine - I love the amount of deluxe accessories they've given him, and especially the unmasked Jim Rhodes head from the '90s
  • Black Tom - I need another retro X-Men villain to go with my Juggernaut
  • Black Widow - I love the gray costumed version with the brown leather jacket; not sure where/how she'll be available but I wants
  • Hydra Soldier - Edit - already pre-ordered x2
  • Spider-Man - I've already got two Spider-Man figures in the classic costume, including the last Vintage wave version; but I definitely like this superior body mold, so if I sees him I'll gets him
  • Crossbones - not a new reveal but I still need to get this guy
  • Spymaster - same as above
  • Gwen Stacy - mmmmaybe
  • Rage - not a high priority, but if I find a discounted version I'll pick him up (same with White Rabbit and Winter Soldier)

Even though I don't care about the Age of Apocalypse or X-Men movie waves, I have to say they look dope and I hope the fans of those waves are very pleased.

The headsculpt on Legacy Rogue makes her look a bit like Terry Farrell or Tricia Helfer.  I wasn't expecting that, but I am not complaining.
Gwen Stacy looks good, AOA Morph, Jean, and Sunspot look good, Nimrod looks good.
That Punisher kinda sucks, tho.  T-shirt torso and legs combo look good, the rolled up sleeves on the shoulders looks less good, and the heads seem a bit cartoony.

The reveals that I saw today excite me so much! The Gwen Stacy figure is so awesome and it was the most shocking reveal to me because I never thought they would do it.
      It’s also eXtremely awesome to see X-men movie Marvel Legends. I never thought we would get those either. The new Rogue and Storm are definitely some figures I’ve wanted for a long time, so hopefully they reveal more comic based X-men figures to go along with those. And maybe they have more movie based X-men figures to go along with the awesome ones we saw today.

That classic War Machine hit all the right notes and that Spidey retro wave is absolutely outstanding, maybe it's just the packaging but I'm so pumped for the whole wave, even with at least three yet to be revealed figures..  Everything else was fine, kind of disappointed to see two really desirable figures as Target exclusives, but that's how it goes sometimes.  

Is Hasbro done with the Legends reveals? 

I think what they have shown is amazing but I'm a little surprised that there are no MCU reveals ( besides Black Widow of course). Really hoped for a Quicksilver this year. The Fox stuff is great too, just hope that Hasbro doesn't forgo the MCU for the old XMen movie stuff ( let's be honest, those biker costumes were some of the weakest translations from page to screen) 

20 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Is Hasbro done with the Legends reveals? 

I think what they have shown is amazing but I'm a little surprised that there are no MCU reveals ( besides Black Widow of course). Really hoped for a Quicksilver this year. The Fox stuff is great too, just hope that Hasbro doesn't forgo the MCU for the old XMen movie stuff ( let's be honest, those biker costumes were some of the weakest translations from page to screen) 

the only MCU thing they have left are Eternal and the Disney Plus stuff but they aren't for the later half of the year so there is a veto on revealing any products for them. expect them at SDCC.

30 minutes ago, tarot said:

the only MCU thing they have left are Eternal and the Disney Plus stuff but they aren't for the later half of the year so there is a veto on revealing any products for them. expect them at SDCC.

That’s a bit of a bummer- I guess they’re figuring the X-Men movie figures take the place of the MCU 2-packs, etc.? I’ll get somet or all of them, but I’d rather they gave us more MCU; we need MCU army builders, for one- hard to reenact the epic final battle from Endgame without Outriders or Chitauri, and we need Iron Legion and Ultron drones. We also need a proper final battle Tony Stark. I’m just going to assume we’re getting a Wong with the next Dr. Strange film- he and Quicksilver are probably the biggest heroic omissions from the MCU.

3 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

That’s a bit of a bummer- I guess they’re figuring the X-Men movie figures take the place of the MCU 2-packs, etc.? I’ll get somet or all of them, but I’d rather they gave us more MCU; we need MCU army builders, for one- hard to reenact the epic final battle from Endgame without Outriders or Chitauri, and we need Iron Legion and Ultron drones. We also need a proper final battle Tony Stark. I’m just going to assume we’re getting a Wong with the next Dr. Strange film- he and Quicksilver are probably the biggest heroic omissions from the MCU.

there is also the fact that this year seems to be the 20th anniversary for the X-men movies according to the listings so they decided "Hey, Disney now owns these characters, let make money off of them"

1 hour ago, tarot said:

there is also the fact that this year seems to be the 20th anniversary for the X-men movies according to the listings so they decided "Hey, Disney now owns these characters, let make money off of them"

That's the feeling I get as well. The xmen as a whole are a money maker with little effort. That Hasbro has gone all in and not only given us definitive x movie universe Legends makes me happy that they put the effort in instead of just saying "anything x will sell so let's just call it in." Honestly from what they have revealed it looks like some of their best efforts to date. 

That being said, I get that it's the 20 th anniversary of the xmen franchise or whatever but the true cash cow is the MCU, so hopefully they keep that line coming. All four Avengers movies have grossed in excess of a billion and the last 2 ( for sure, but arguably 3) xmen movies have been trash. I'm sure Hasbro knows this but man I'm worried that the Fox Quicksilver may see a Legends release before the MCU version. 

1 hour ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Army building at least needs to be done before Hasbro begins playing with their new toys.

Quicksilver, Ancient One, Korvath, Hank Pym, Janet Van Dyne, the rest of the X-Con crew, a Agent Carter version of Peggy, Aldrich Killian, many more need done before a much weaker cinematic universe gets the love. I get Jackman Wolverine, he is the iconic version, love that both Professor X and Magneto gave both actor likeness but after that the xmen cinematic universe is filled with terrible costumes and bad actor portrayals. The MCU has done a marvelous(!!!) job of translating comic campiness into believable realistic Attires. Batroc and Crosssbones are great examples of how the MCU has translated goofy looks into great on screen costumes . Look no further than the total box office gross to see that the MCU puts the Fox Xmen effort to shame. Just saying, make the MCU the priority as that has been a large reason that Disney was able to buy Fox. Then make extra scratch by releasing Legends versions of inferior franchises

My last post may have seemed a little harsh on Foxs Xuniverse. I would gladly buy all Xmen movie versions of Legends . Same with Blade, FF (Fox), Elektra, Man-Thing... I'd take them all. It's just that we have GLARING omissions from the MCU, which has dominated the comic movie landscapes  that I feel need filled before Hasbro gives love to franchises that gave struggled under another studios guidance 

2 hours ago, mako said:

So far, the Spidey wave seems like everything I wanted and more. I will say I hope those Coke-Bottle glasses on Peter are removable.

Also, I never really expected a figure of Negasonic Teenage Warhead . . . but I want one.

Right? The actress who plays her was an unexpected highlight for the Deadpool movies. She is gorgeous, glad to add her as a cinematic Legend

Between Negasonic and Colossus from Deadpool, I'd rather get the latter.

Definitely building Guido. Getting Warpath and Sunspot for sure. Black Tom face sculpt looks too simplistic. Hope they improve the paint deco of the yellows on Maverick. Ugh...dat Deadpool. What am I gonna do with you dude...

Single-carded "Deluxe" AOA Apocalypse looks nice. Here's to hoping he's priced like MCU Giant Man.

Giant Sized X-men Storm face sculpt could be better. Here's to hoping that promised "really, really angry Goddess head" is more to my liking.

Rogue. I was afraid Hasbro would make this costume. Hate it. I'll get one. You got me Hasbro.

Nimrod!!! Sounds like he's a single-carded "Deluxe" figure as well. Yay.

Still thinking about who I'll get from the AoA wave. Maybe  Sunfire + Jean + X-man.

Getting X-men 1 Logan + Mystique. Maybe Cable. Here's to hoping there's an X2 specific pack: Storm + Nightcrawler and Jean + Cyclops. I hope there's a DOFP pack as well: Rogue (in her prison garb) + Iceman.

Great Toy Fair. One of the best that I can remember. X-Men movie figs hit me outta the blue but they look good. The best thing about the X-Men movie figs is if they ever do a full wave the ONLY logical BAF would be Juggernaut. That Sugarman is so freaking unexpected, yet somehow totally logical. It sold the wave to me. Otherwise I couldn't care less about most of those figures. They really just retooled that Ultimate Beetle buck for the Mach-1 figure. Kinda lazy but I guess I make sense since it is basically the same person. Still kind of a downer but I'll live with it. I dunno what up with that Maverick, but am I the only one who thinks it looks weird? A comic Winter Soldier, War Machine and Punisher on a bike, what else could anyone want? Oh yeah, what about Falcon? The single biggest disappointment of the entire Hasbro reveal is still no Wolfsbane or Feral. Maybe they'll be part of the Nimrod BAF wave.

Aside from Marvel, Hasbro is pushing some major franchise power. So let's get this straight. Marvel, Power Rangers, Star Wars, G.I. Joe and Ghostbusters are all scale compatible, yet DC still can't get their isht together? Thanks McFarlane. Bad move on DC's part. Maybe in another life.

Reveal thoughts so far:

• Iron Man 2020 - Love it, and at least Walgreens Exclusives are know to turn up in Ireland
  • Venomized figures- Lame, easy passes
  • Hydra trooper - Already havew the single release and the army builder pack, so pass
  • Fan Vote -  Can't vote, don't care
  • Punisher with bike -   The Battle Van would have been better
  • Gamerverse wave - The BAF looks freaky as hell, only the comic figures interest me, but where's the alternate Genis head
  • Space Suit Iron Man -  Not bad, would have prefered this to be in the actually wave
  • AOA Wave - Sugar Man looks great, glad Weapon X has an interchangeable stump. So far though X-Man, Weapon X and Dark Beast (Maybe Jean) are the only ones I really want
  • Deadpool Wave -  Seem to be missing a figure, but delighted to see Black Tom, now where's Siryn and Banshee?
  • Vintage line -  Gwen looks awesome, bot sure on the Peters (Also why do we need two?), Don't need another classic spidey
  • Deluxe - Hate that Rulk is a Target Exclusive, AOA Apocalypse looks really good, but not sure he's must get
  • Old Man Hawkeye and Logan -  Easy pass, don't care about OML
  • X-men -  Nimrod and Legacy Rogue are definites. Not massive upset about FA Storm being an exclusive
  • Movie X-men - Look great, but none I can really call Essential
  • Sentinel -  HasLab is a bad idea and even if I didn't live in Ireland, I would never support it

2 hours ago, leokearon said:

Vintage line -  Gwen looks awesome, bot sure on the Peters (Also why do we need two?), Don't need another classic spidey

Pretty sure that one Peter is just an example of the vintage figure on the original cardback, not a part of the actual wave. As for Spidey, he's a big enough improvement over Pizza Spidey that I'll gladly pick him up.

A freaking classic comic War Machine and classic Spider-Man with a new head/body are my take-aways from the show. Love, love, love them.

Pretty much excited for everything shown that is comic based, except modern Rogue & the AoA. They’re cool & all but only looking to get Sugar Man out of that line. Was hoping Galactus was being cooked up in the Haslab, but a Sentinel is pretty interesting 🤷‍♂️

Wrote out a list of all the MLs for 2020 we know of (so far).  Lot of figures that i thought were cool and others that fell into the "maybe" category but as of now my must-have list (in no particular order) is:

1.  Leader
  2. Mar-vell
  3. Iron Man 2020
  4. Black Tom
  5. Stan Lee
  6. fox Domino
  7. Rogue
  8. FA Storm

Also if Nimrod is a deluxe rather than BAF he is must-have.  If he is a BAF, really depends on the rest of the wave.

In the "maybe" category:

• Mach-I 
  • that space suit gamerverse iron man
  • Grey suit  black widow
  • AoA Sunfire
  • Sunspot
  • Gwen Stacy
  • Peter Parker - hope the glasses come off tho, they look ridiculous
  • Spidey (will need to see if artic is better than pizza spidey)
  • War Machine - somewhat price dependent
  • Fox Logan - tank top
  • Prof X and Magneto 2-pack
  • Old Man Logan 2
  • Fox Cable
  • Red Hulk
  • Gwenom
  • Venom Cap

A lot of the maybe stuff depends on sales/markdowns.  There's also the widow movie figs but i'll probably wait til after seeing the movie to decide about them.  

Was a pretty overwhelming number of reveals, but feels like i've whittled down my must-haves and maybes  to a manageable amount. Very much subject to change, of course.

WOW where to even start.! i finally caught up on all the reveals and news.  this has got the be the best toy fair in ages, so much cool stuff, even some of the  lego had me hyped.

I never expected to see so many fox XMen, the Deadpool looks great as well as logan.

super hyped for old man logan , Gwen and rogue !

So far, the reveals that made me go "wow" were Nimrod & classic War Machine. Classic Storm was expected & looks great! Spidey with butterfly joint articulation is a must & I really hope those birth control goggles are removable on the Parker civvy clothes fig.

Don't care for AOA,  movie X figures, OML figs, MC Punisher, gameverse game related figs. Has a pic been revealed of the Haslab Sentinel yet? No Silver Centurian IM reveal?