Toy Fair 2020 Marvel Legends Official Discusion

tarot

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 12:01 AM, Benn said:

This is unlikely. Last year the first riders installment was 2 Deadpools and 1 Professor X per case, and the second was 2 Professor Xs and 1 Captain America. Likewise I believe the previous year only had Black Widow, Ghost Rider, and Wolverine. I think they normally stick to three riders per year.

I'd also be pretty surprised if we didn't still have two unrevealed figures from the Deadpool wave. There's probably another Deadpool, and then I'd wager money there's a final figure from this list: Domino, Feral, Lady Deathstrike, Marrow, Siryn, Wolfsbane. I have no idea which figure it'll be, but I'd guess it's one of those six. I'd love to be wrong, because I'd rather see Destiny, Spiral, or armoured Psylocke than any of the aforementioned, but they seem the most likely.

Armored Psylocke must be a grail figure for you. Any one of the female characters from your list would be great. I'm happy with the Domino and Deathstrike figures I have. I kind of like the idea of Marrow since she'd be from a different X-Men era than we've received to this point. Once we get Wolfsbane, then X-Factor is finished. I wonder if that would be an extra incentive, or would it be better to stretch out the schedule for completing teams.

23 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

Maybe we'll get super-lucky and Storm will be in a three-pack with Classic Banshee and Thunderbird (who could probably be the X-Force Warpath with a new paintjob and headsculpt and no shoulder pads)?

On a completely random side-note:  Looking at the in-case pictures I see Marvel's sculptors seem to be casting a younger Timothy Dalton as Black Tom Cassidy.

Overall I was pretty psyched by the Presentation:  Black Tom, Maverick, FA Storm, Classic War Machine, Classic Leader, Nimrod, and for me personally MACH I are all "check boxes" on the ol' wishlist.  The Fox X-Men/Deadpool assortment is a nice surprise (Surprise to me, anyway, I guess others might have been expecting it).  Most of the other stuff looked pretty good too.  Only the Gamerverse stuff leaves me a bit cold, and even a couple of those designs look all right (I may pick up the Starboost Iron Man, at least).

Is that all it would take to make Thunderbird? I was wondering if he would be an easy stand-in.

I agree that they really hit a lot of check boxes with this presentation. Last year was exciting, and this year will be too!

8 minutes ago, Benn said:

Yeah, she's one of a few. The Outback X-Men are definitely my X-Men.

Mine too, at least in the sense of "Who the X-Men were when I first really got into them."

So yeah...Armored Psylocke, Classic Havok, and Longshot are all still high on my list (80's Rogue and Shirtless Colossus are there but lower priority).  The Black Costume retro storm is "close enough" though I wouldn't turn down a "Lightning panel" version. 

Madelyne Pryor in some form would be awesome, too, though I suspect if we ever get her it will purely be as "Goblin Queen."

34 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

Mine too, at least in the sense of "Who the X-Men were when I first really got into them."

So yeah...Armored Psylocke, Classic Havok, and Longshot are all still high on my list (80's Rogue and Shirtless Colossus are there but lower priority).  The Black Costume retro storm is "close enough" though I wouldn't turn down a "Lightning panel" version. 

Madelyne Pryor in some form would be awesome, too, though I suspect if we ever get her it will purely be as "Goblin Queen."

I feel almost exactly the same way, except lightning bolt Storm is a must-have for me. I don't mind waiting, though. We just got punk, Jim Lee, and first appearance versions, and I'm happy to use punk or recoloured Jim Lee Storm as a substitute for a few years, so we can see some new characters.

15 hours ago, Benn said:

I think the Nightcrawler we just got is perfect, but I certainly wouldn't turn down Banshee/Thunderbird/de-powered Colossus/Storm as a set.

I don't think a simple 3 pack of Storm, Thunderbird and Banshee would be out of the question. They could call it "next class" or something. Unlike a lot of people, I really don't think Warpath and Thunderbird are just drop in interchangeable. As a stickler of scale I would be bothered by the fact that James is statistically much taller than John. I know, I know, since when has Hasbro been all that concerned with scale, but as a personal preference I would like them done as two separate figs it at all possible. Seriously, his design would be as simplistic as Shaman's from the Alpha Flight set.

1 hour ago, Benn said:

Yeah, she's one of a few. The Outback X-Men are definitely my X-Men.

I recently read through from Inferno to X-Cutioner's Song. I don't hate 90's X-Men, but I miss Claremont. That era was very enjoyable. The issue in which aliens attack Australia is hilarious. I'm glad to have added a few figures from that stretch.

43 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I don't think a simple 3 pack of Storm, Thunderbird and Banshee would be out of the question. They could call it "next class" or something. Unlike a lot of people, I really don't think Warpath and Thunderbird are just drop in interchangeable. As a stickler of scale I would be bothered by the fact that James is statistically much taller than John. I know, I know, since when has Hasbro been all that concerned with scale, but as a personal preference I would like them done as two separate figs it at all possible. Seriously, his design would be as simplistic as Shaman's from the Alpha Flight set.

I agree. I think John should be on the UK body mold. it tall enough and thick enough to work.

1 hour ago, Jmacq1 said:

Is there any other Marvel or X-Men character that has a flight suit anywhere resembling what Maddie wore before Inferno? Maybe they could do a three-in-one set.

7 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

I reckon they mean this one.  I've had the same thought, but I don't think Hasbro Legends has anything close enough to it for my taste just yet.

e13f4fe4203728a3687d102b7210924e.thumb.jpg.91ed305fbcad5b9218e72e87b3e49945.jpg

It is quite generic, can't really see any other characters having something similiar, but that doesn't mean she can't be done, given we are seeing some civilians getting figures

4 minutes ago, leokearon said:

It is quite generic, can't really see any other characters having something similiar, but that doesn't mean she can't be done, given we are seeing some civilians getting figures

How many dang MCU Captain Marvel figures did we get, and not one of them in her flight suit!?

e33ef6fa5f2e644be6beb0d3a741d57f.thumb.jpg.c249901c9f0bfb8a5bbbc176a68e3181.jpg

Yeah, you could probably get some mileage out of a female flight suit mold:  Madelyne, MCU Carol, and MCU Maria Rambeau would all be candidates.  Pretty sure you could probably find other uses for it as well.  Slap it in Yellow with a different head/webgear and you get female AIM Beekeepers, Green and Yellow for HYDRA Troops, etc....

On 2/24/2020 at 10:24 AM, tarot said:

TBird was extremely hinted at for a figure. They practically said they were going to make him when they revealed the Storm figure. It was like "Hey this is on everyone wishlist and here it is.......................Thunderbird!!!! No just kidding it's Classic Storm".

I actually think this came across as meaning it's pretty unlikely we'll see Thunderbird this year. I don't think they'd joke about making a figure they were actually planning to make. Who knows, though?

Personally, for me the most wanted figure from the show was Storm,  at first glance seems like a really good figure, however, I still have some issues with her, first her headsculpt is somewhat underwhelming, second she is the flattest female figure in chest department I ever seen which is weird, it not even pervert thing, just weird. Third they made new sculpt for thigh high boots but they didn’t hide cut behind the joint which would have made figure 1000 times better, and finally issue is the fact that she’s fricking target exclusive which  without a doubt will make her really expensive and  hard to get, especially for the people who arent US residents. 

36 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

Personally, for me the most wanted figure from the show was Storm,  at first glance seems like a really good figure, however, I still have some issues with her, first her headsculpt is somewhat underwhelming, second she is the flattest female figure in chest department I ever seen which is weird, it not even pervert thing, just weird. Third they made new sculpt for thigh high boots but they didn’t hide cut behind the joint which would have made figure 1000 times better, and finally issue is the fact that she’s fricking target exclusive which  without a doubt will make her really expensive and  hard to get, especially for the people who arent US residents. 

It's not a perverted thing, brother. It's just a facts thing. Storm has been, and especially in her First Appearance, always shown to be one of the curvy(er) X-Men. Also remember she was introduced at a time when it was still "OK" to draw female characters with more classic female dimensions, so if they wanna do a proper FA Storm they have to giver the proper look in every department. Maybe they'll fix this, but I seriously doubt it. We had a similar issue with the Walgreens Emma Frost. Yes, they showed a lot of "skin", which admittedly is one of her trademark distraction techniques, but she also admitted another tactic was to use her admittedly enhanced upper body for the same purposes, yet her much improved action figure actually lacks that part of her actual figure. Again, it's not some weird perverted thing, it's just an accuracy thing that is just as important to many as height, scale, and head sculpt. To be clear, it wasn't a bad figure, it was a great figure, as the FA Storm looks to be, buuuuut........how much better would it have been if it had been even more accurate? Alas, this is a thing that isn't going away anytime in the foreseeable future so I guess we should at least be glad they're doing one at all. In all honesty, for my part, she'll probably just end up in my storage bin. The whole FA thing is not really a thing with me. I'll be getting her on the merit that she's a new figure and I MUST have ALL new figures.

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 9:03 AM, tarot said:

I agree. I think John should be on the UK body mold. it tall enough and thick enough to work.

I concur 100%. James Proudstar aka Warpath is like 7'1, his older brother John aka T-Bird, was in the 6ft- 6'2 range. I'd be POed if Hasbro were to cheap out & make both on the same buck.