Jump to content
tarot

Toy Fair 2020 Marvel Legends Official Discusion

Recommended Posts

So going forward, by estimation we can expect reveals down the line for:

  • 1 figure in Deadpool/Strong Guy wave
  • 3 figures in retro spidey wave
  • 4-5 figures in venom wave
  • presumably another rider besides Punisher since they usually come in pairs
  • more X-movie figures? didn't seem like there was a BAF but having 1 exclusive and 4 other individual figs makes it seem like maybe 2-3 more are coming?
  • Whatever is going on with Nimrod and Rogue - probably he's a BAF of an x-wave with another 5-6 figures
  • Whatever is going on with FA Storm - part of a set but with whom?
  • An eternals wave presumably
  • An additional morbius or spider-wave
  • whatever the fan poll result comes up with (altho wouldn't be surprising if all 3 get releases eventually)

Did I miss anything? probably.

By my count we are up to about 80 figures released/revealed for 2020 (including BAFs) although my count may be off by a few. Hard to believe as toyfair seemed overwhelming, but i'm guessing another 70 figures (or more) coming, since last year i believe we finished around 160.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:
  • more X-movie figures? didn't seem like there was a BAF but having 1 exclusive and 4 other individual figs makes it seem like maybe 2-3 more are coming?

I don't remember, but I thought I heard the X-Men movie figures are coming in two-packs. Wolverine + Mystique and Xavier + Magneto. I could be wrong about that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

Did I miss anything? probably.

In addition to the MCU Eternals wave, there is supposed to be a wave for the Disney+ shows debuting this year, Falcon and the Winter Soldier and WandaVision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

I don't remember, but I thought I heard the X-Men movie figures are coming in two-packs. Wolverine + Mystique and Xavier + Magneto. I could be wrong about that...

I'm not 100% sure either.  I thought there were two 2-packs (Xavier & Magneto,  Deadpool & Negasonic), then individual releases for both Wolverine figures, Mystique, Domino, and Cable (with Cable being a Walmart exclusive).  However the pics from the presentation made it seem like Domino & Cable were paired up and one of the Logans and Mystique were paired up. 

SInce Domino is the main one i want i'd prefer she get a solo release, but tbh its no big deal since like 75% of 2-packs seem to get marked down fairly quickly anyhow, plus Cable is a fairly desirable character in himself.

4 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

In addition to the MCU Eternals wave, there is supposed to be a wave for the Disney+ shows debuting this year, Falcon and the Winter Soldier and WandaVision.

Oh right, i forgot about the Disney plus stuff. I'll be a lot of that will be pretty cool, especially since out of the main characters i think Loki is the only i for which i have a figure with photoreal face printing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Supposedly Hasbro also made an alternate "classic" Nimrod head sculpt. Anyone seen it yet? Shame that War Machine doesn't seem to come with open repulsor blast hands. I also hope his shoulder mounted minigun & missile launcher are removable as well as the wrist gun. That figure came out perfect & the unmasked Rhodey head is pure 80s!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

presumably another rider besides Punisher since they usually come in pairs

This is unlikely. Last year the first riders installment was 2 Deadpools and 1 Professor X per case, and the second was 2 Professor Xs and 1 Captain America. Likewise I believe the previous year only had Black Widow, Ghost Rider, and Wolverine. I think they normally stick to three riders per year.

I'd also be pretty surprised if we didn't still have two unrevealed figures from the Deadpool wave. There's probably another Deadpool, and then I'd wager money there's a final figure from this list: Domino, Feral, Lady Deathstrike, Marrow, Siryn, Wolfsbane. I have no idea which figure it'll be, but I'd guess it's one of those six. I'd love to be wrong, because I'd rather see Destiny, Spiral, or armoured Psylocke than any of the aforementioned, but they seem the most likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Benn said:

This is unlikely. Last year the first riders installment was 2 Deadpools and 1 Professor X per case, and the second was 2 Professor Xs and 1 Captain America. Likewise I believe the previous year only had Black Widow, Ghost Rider, and Wolverine. I think they normally stick to three riders per year.

I'd also be pretty surprised if we didn't still have two unrevealed figures from the Deadpool wave. There's probably another Deadpool, and then I'd wager money there's a final figure from this list: Domino, Feral, Lady Deathstrike, Marrow, Siryn, Wolfsbane. I have no idea which figure it'll be, but I'd guess it's one of those six. I'd love to be wrong, because I'd rather see Destiny, Spiral, or armoured Psylocke than any of the aforementioned, but they seem the most likely.

You're right about DP wave, for some reason i was thinking 6 figures had been announced but its only 5 so there must be two more coming.

You're right about the riders too, i forgot we already had gotten Squirrel girl and cosmic ghost rider somehow even though they just came out!! I suppose the case of 3 will have 2 Punishers and 1 cosmic GR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we'll get super-lucky and Storm will be in a three-pack with Classic Banshee and Thunderbird (who could probably be the X-Force Warpath with a new paintjob and headsculpt and no shoulder pads)?

On a completely random side-note:  Looking at the in-case pictures I see Marvel's sculptors seem to be casting a younger Timothy Dalton as Black Tom Cassidy.

Overall I was pretty psyched by the Presentation:  Black Tom, Maverick, FA Storm, Classic War Machine, Classic Leader, Nimrod, and for me personally MACH I are all "check boxes" on the ol' wishlist.  The Fox X-Men/Deadpool assortment is a nice surprise (Surprise to me, anyway, I guess others might have been expecting it).  Most of the other stuff looked pretty good too.  Only the Gamerverse stuff leaves me a bit cold, and even a couple of those designs look all right (I may pick up the Starboost Iron Man, at least).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jmacq1 said:

Maybe we'll get super-lucky and Storm will be in a three-pack with Classic Banshee and Thunderbird (who could probably be the X-Force Warpath with a new paintjob and headsculpt and no shoulder pads)?

 

That would be ideal although the cynic in me worries that the set will have re-releases of other classic x-men they've released in the last year or two, even though that would seemingly make little sense. Best guess would be a 2-pack with Storm and T-bird since as you mention they could get away with Warpath reuse for  thunderbird (even tho iirc warpath is a lot bigger than thunderbird)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

That would be ideal although the cynic in me worries that the set will have re-releases of other classic x-men they've released in the last year or two, even though that would seemingly make little sense. Best guess would be a 2-pack with Storm and T-bird since as you mention they could get away with Warpath reuse for  thunderbird (even tho iirc warpath is a lot bigger than thunderbird)  

TBird was extremely hinted at for a figure. They practically said they were going to make him when they revealed the Storm figure. It was like "Hey this is on everyone wishlist and here it is.......................Thunderbird!!!! No just kidding it's Classic Storm".  Although I wouldn't mind a GSX box set we 6 of them, Storm, Thunderbird, Banshee, Cyclops (which was hard to actually get when packaged with Dark Phoenix), Nightcrawler and Colossus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BOOG had a Q+a with the Hasbro team and they confirmed that Nimrod is NOT a BAF. They still haven't said what. 

as for storm, they dodged the question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 7:37 AM, Jmacq1 said:

I'm assuming it's either just a skin for the game or at some point in the game Hulk is hiding out in Australia.

Excellent I never thought of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

That would be ideal although the cynic in me worries that the set will have re-releases of other classic x-men they've released in the last year or two, even though that would seemingly make little sense. Best guess would be a 2-pack with Storm and T-bird since as you mention they could get away with Warpath reuse for  thunderbird (even tho iirc warpath is a lot bigger than thunderbird)  

That is the way it goes sometimes. As far as I'm concerned, that's what EBay is for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

That would be ideal although the cynic in me worries that the set will have re-releases of other classic x-men they've released in the last year or two, even though that would seemingly make little sense.  

 

5 hours ago, tarot said:

I wouldn't mind a GSX box set we 6 of them, Storm, Thunderbird, Banshee, Cyclops (which was hard to actually get when packaged with Dark Phoenix), Nightcrawler and Colossus.

I was thinking, even though I like Banshee and Thunderbird, I would rather see that Storm packaged with a classic Cyclops of that time, basically a reissue/slight repaint of the Dark Phoenix 2-pack, but updated to include the optic blast effects from the Vintage wave X-Factor Cyclops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

 

I was thinking, even though I like Banshee and Thunderbird, I would rather see that Storm packaged with a classic Cyclops of that time, basically a reissue/slight repaint of the Dark Phoenix 2-pack, but updated to include the optic blast effects from the Vintage wave X-Factor Cyclops.

repacking with another cyclops is fine, especially since he was hard to find, and as you said they could throw in the new optic blast effects.  I can live with buying any one extra figure i don't need in a $40 set  but I'm very much not in favor of a 6 figure box set that includes nightcrawler and colossus and sells for $120 or more. .  But it seems very dubious to me that target would go that route.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thunderbird.thumb.jpg.37766109c97e35fbcd099c858ad8da3f.jpgI would love if they gave us a non powered Colossus in a 5 pack that included Storm, Banshee, T-Bird  & more classic adult looking NC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Air-Walker said:

So, still no word on Nimrod's release?

none. But like I reported earlier it is 100% not a BAF but they won't say what format they will release him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Thunderbird.thumb.jpg.37766109c97e35fbcd099c858ad8da3f.jpgI would love if they gave us a non powered Colossus in a 5 pack that included Storm, Banshee, T-Bird  & more classic adult looking NC.

I think the Nightcrawler we just got is perfect, but I certainly wouldn't turn down Banshee/Thunderbird/de-powered Colossus/Storm as a set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stoked as I am for the new Apocalypse, it seems like lost opportunity that he's not coming with a Shadow King pack-in. Even the 5" version had one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

I would also be more than happy to get Storm packaged with young Kitty Pryde.

Storm-Gives-Kitty-Pryde-The-Name-Sprite.jpg

oh that's a good one. and easy too. just the teenage sculpt with a new head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tarot said:

none. But like I reported earlier it is 100% not a BAF but they won't say what format they will release him

Thanks dude. The non-BAF news is a relief. Now I just hope it's not a Walmart exclusive, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it kind of terrible that I suddenly don't want the Avengers game to do well because I don't want to spend the next ten years getting a dozen different "gamerverse" skins for the core Avengers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE