Marvel Legends Target Exclusive Red Hulk Revealed

JayC

7 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I actually really like the one Hasbro has already given us. I never got the select abomination as he seem too much like a statue. I don't think we will get an abomination on this mold, as Hulk has skin and Abomination/Abomb have Scales. 

Marvel select Abomination is way outta scale & basically a statue with very limited articulation. But hey, whatever floats people's boats. 

That's unusual, how? They got 4 figures out of the same body mold; how many do they get out of Wolverine's mold, or pizza spidey, etc. This line has been going strong for years now and when you get right down to it, all the figures are based off 4-5 basic molds. Im not seeing the point here....

9 minutes ago, tarot said:

yeah but we still want to have a new character to display.

There are more than a few characters that I personally don't need a figure. Honestly there are lots of figures that I don't even pick up cause I don't find value. Most of these post Disney character switch ups hold little water with me.   No offense, but how is this character design a thing?

Looks like bro strap...

See the source image

9 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

There are more than a few characters that I personally don't need a figure. Honestly there are lots of figures that I don't even pick up cause I don't find value. Most of these post Disney character switch ups hold little water with me.   No offense, but how is this character design a thing?

Looks like bro strap...

See the source image

Until the Body Snatchers invader, different people frequently like different things.   I liked USAvengers, so I like Maverick Rulk.  Plus I kind of like the cheesiness of the design.  He reminds me of Treister Hulk from Venture Brothers.

13 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Looks like bro strap...

Maverick's Red Hulk was a large ham by design-- even before actually becoming physically large. It's part of his charm that he's the moustache-sporting sunglasses-wearing Red Hulk.

No reference point for the Maverick Red Hulk. Can any one shed some light as to why they "recasted" General Ross to Maverick? Is Ross still a Red Hulk as well or just the Maverick guy?

All things considered and this being comics, the Maverick Hulk isn't the worst, seems kinda lazy like some GTA V alt skin, but not the worst costume designs

53 minutes ago, McHogan said:

No reference point for the Maverick Red Hulk. Can any one shed some light as to why they "recasted" General Ross to Maverick? Is Ross still a Red Hulk as well or just the Maverick guy?

All things considered and this being comics, the Maverick Hulk isn't the worst, seems kinda lazy like some GTA V alt skin, but not the worst costume designs

Apparently, when Al Ewing was writing New Avengers after Secret Wars and launch of ANAD, Ewing wanted Ross as the antagonist, but Ross was off the table after the Doc Green de powering all his gamma family except Lyra & Jen before Secret Wars. So Ross went to jail after he got depowered. I guess Marvel told him no. So Ewing had to create a new military type and created General Robert Maverick. Maverick, the Army and Shield went after the New Avengers, but they buried the hatchet after that. After his New Avengers got cancelled it relaunched into US Avengers and Sunspot recruited Maverick and gave him a Hulk-like implant that he used to get Hulk like powers for an hour and a half. After Secret Empire he stayed in Hulk form longer because of a Hydra double agent who modified the implant to control Maverick. But after that he started experiencing health issues the more he stayed in Hulk form. Then Avengers: No Surrender happened where Bruce Banner was resurrected as the Devil Hulk under the control of the Challenger or Grandmaster I don’t remember but he destroyed Maverick in his Red Hulk form with an Iron Patriot armor designed by Toni Ho (daughter of the original co-designer of the Iron Man armor, Ho Yinsen). So Maverick is now de powered. Ross is also de powered and dead after he got killed by the Power Elite and his death was blamed on Captain America. And looks like Ross is going to stay dead as in Absolute Carnage his spine was ripped out of his dead corpse, and his dead self still hasn’t crossed through the green door that other gamma powered people can do after they die, they can come back to life because they’re immortal as seen in Immortal Hulk. He might come back in Ewing’s Immortal Hulk series, same with Sasquatch who also hasn’t crossed the green door after he was killed by the a government funded anti-Hulk team: US Hulk Operations, which Hulk turned into his back up team after he got rid of the leaders

10 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Anyone Know when this fig will be available? 

No. As Tarot said, it is on some UK sites. Price tag too high for me so I'll wait till its stateside and get it cheaper.

Or maybe I'll miss it....and if so, I've learned to walk away. The news that he would be on Target wasn't up to date it seems, or maybe they have it planned for NEXT weekend.

9 hours ago, ADour said:

Maverick's Red Hulk was a large ham by design-- even before actually becoming physically large. It's part of his charm that he's the moustache-sporting sunglasses-wearing Red Hulk.

I prefer Ross's backstory leading up to becoming a hulk. Maverick hulk looks like he came from Baywatch. Red hulk the lifeguard.. pass. 

I really am looking forward to this guy. Some people are already finding him at their targets but says march 1st release. I always have a hard time finding target exclusives so hopefully I can find someway to snag this guy at msrp. 

15 hours ago, nWoWolfpack said:

Apparently, when Al Ewing was writing New Avengers after Secret Wars and launch of ANAD, Ewing wanted Ross as the antagonist, but Ross was off the table after the Doc Green de powering all his gamma family except Lyra & Jen before Secret Wars. So Ross went to jail after he got depowered. I guess Marvel told him no. So Ewing had to create a new military type and created General Robert Maverick. Maverick, the Army and Shield went after the New Avengers, but they buried the hatchet after that. After his New Avengers got cancelled it relaunched into US Avengers and Sunspot recruited Maverick and gave him a Hulk-like implant that he used to get Hulk like powers for an hour and a half. After Secret Empire he stayed in Hulk form longer because of a Hydra double agent who modified the implant to control Maverick. But after that he started experiencing health issues the more he stayed in Hulk form. Then Avengers: No Surrender happened where Bruce Banner was resurrected as the Devil Hulk under the control of the Challenger or Grandmaster I don’t remember but he destroyed Maverick in his Red Hulk form with an Iron Patriot armor designed by Toni Ho (daughter of the original co-designer of the Iron Man armor, Ho Yinsen). So Maverick is now de powered. Ross is also de powered and dead after he got killed by the Power Elite and his death was blamed on Captain America. And looks like Ross is going to stay dead as in Absolute Carnage his spine was ripped out of his dead corpse, and his dead self still hasn’t crossed through the green door that other gamma powered people can do after they die, they can come back to life because they’re immortal as seen in Immortal Hulk. He might come back in Ewing’s Immortal Hulk series, same with Sasquatch who also hasn’t crossed the green door after he was killed by the a government funded anti-Hulk team: US Hulk Operations, which Hulk turned into his back up team after he got rid of the leaders

And that is how you summarize a characters back story haha. Thank you NWoWolfpack, feel I'm an Maverick Red Hulk expert now