Marvel Legends Target Exclusive Red Hulk Revealed

JayC

3 hours ago, FASVB said:

It is not available for pre-order on their website. At least not anymore.  Hope it goes back up. 

I don't think it ever was. All I've seen is the old Marvel Select figure for like $50.00. That thing is massive... I bet that's a instant concussion if you ever got clobbered by one.

In all seriousness, they have used the same body for all 4 Hulks, they really couldn't do alternate "calm" heads to go with these 4 releases?  Be nice if they just did some exclusive  package of 4 alternate heads that you can buy on EE/Amazon for all 4 Hulks that have been made these past 12 months.  I only have classic Hulk that came in the 2 pack with Wolvie, but am planning on buying this Rulk.  And after reading that write up about this "Maverick" character, (how original) & this BS "Green light" stuff, I am so glad I don't read comics anymore.

37 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

In all seriousness, they have used the same body for all 4 Hulks, they really couldn't do alternate "calm" heads to go with these 4 releases?  Be nice if they just did some exclusive  package of 4 alternate heads that you can buy on EE/Amazon for all 4 Hulks that have been made these past 12 months.  I only have classic Hulk that came in the 2 pack with Wolvie, but am planning on buying this Rulk.  And after reading that write up about this "Maverick" character, (how original) & this BS "Green light" stuff, I am so glad I don't read comics anymore.

I mean it’s one of the best Hulk runs, and explains gamma monsters and Devil Hulk, but whatever keeps the broken record spinning 

39 minutes ago, nWoWolfpack said:

I mean it’s one of the best Hulk runs, and explains gamma monsters and Devil Hulk, but whatever keeps the broken record spinning 

"Devil Hulk"? Sorry, but the amount of extra Hulk related characters that Marvel writers are now spewing out their butts is laughable imo.  Hulk, Doc Samson & She-Hulk  made sense, the rest? Sorry. And Sasquatch wasn't created by gamma rays, he thought he was. He actually opened up a portal into a dimension of Canadian Gods called " the great beasts" that were evil & he got possessed by one called  " Tanaraq". So when Langkoski thought he was morphing into Sasquatch, he was just actually summoning Tanaraq to take his place. So unless Marvel writers have once again screwed with a characters origin to fit their needs, Sasquatch is not gamma powered at all, so this "Green light" should not be able to resurrect him from death. But hey, what do I know.

Eh, for $30 Rulk with alternate hands seems like a pretty good deal, especially since the two pack Green version basically costs $40 and the only extra beyond what Rulk got was the ripped shirt accessory (and nicer packaging, if you're into that).  I do agree that alternate heads would be great, but i am definitely overall in favor of selling BAF sized figures for $30 rather than having to buy 6 figures or pay exorbitant aftermarket prices for complete BAFs on ebay. And certainly $30 for Rulk is better than paying $60 for Rulk plus a 2nd less desirable figure.

I wouldn't worry too much about whatever the latest comic shenanigans are, chances are before too long another writer will come along and explain how "green light" was just a ruse by Mephisto or the Beyonder or something. 

13 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

"Devil Hulk"? Sorry, but the amount of extra Hulk related characters that Marvel writers are now spewing out their butts is laughable imo.  Hulk, Doc Samson & She-Hulk  made sense, the rest? Sorry. And Sasquatch wasn't created by gamma rays, he thought he was. He actually opened up a portal into a dimension of Canadian Gods called " the great beasts" that were evil & he got possessed by one called  " Tanaraq". So when Langkoski thought he was morphing into Sasquatch, he was just actually summoning Tanaraq to take his place. So unless Marvel writers have once again screwed with a characters origin to fit their needs, Sasquatch is not gamma powered at all, so this "Green light" should not be able to resurrect him from death. But hey, what do I know.

Devil Hulk is one of Bruce’s other personalities that was established back in 2000 aside from Savage, Joe, Professor and Scar. 
Plus he’s been established to be linked to gamma.

The Green Door is a portal to the lowest layer of Hell where the One Below All (One Above All’s counterpart) is trapped and has influence through gamma radiation, where Devil Hulk is destined to be the vessel of the One Below All. It’s where the souls of gamma monster are and if they pass through they can be alive again, but they don’t remember their time in the Below Place. 
Maybe you should pick up the book and read it. Give it a chance before forming an opinion on a book you haven’t read. 

5 minutes ago, nWoWolfpack said:

Devil Hulk is one of Bruce’s other personalities that was established back in 2000 aside from Savage, Joe, Professor and Scar. 
Plus he’s been established to be linked to gamma.

The Green Door is a portal to the lowest layer of Hell where the One Below All (One Above All’s counterpart) is trapped and has influence through gamma radiation, where Devil Hulk is destined to be the vessel of the One Below All. It’s where the souls of gamma monster are and if they pass through they can be alive again, but they don’t remember their time in the Below Place. 
Maybe you should pick up the book and read it. Give it a chance before forming an opinion on a book you haven’t read. 

I was reading/collecting back in 2000, never did I hear of this alter ego of "Devil Hulk"? You got an issue I can look up for this? And regardless, it's just a dumb concept of Marvel's imo.  And this "Green door" concept must be pretty new as it wasn't around when I last collected Hulk during the Planet Hulk/WW Hulk story arc. And Skar was Rick Jones, was he not? I just know of Mr Fixit & smart Hulk as his other versions. The Hulk used to be a very unique character to me back in my comic book reading days of the late 70s/80s/90s early/mid 2000s, now with everyone asides from Aunt May (not yet) being gamma powered, it's just become a joke imo.

4 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

I was reading/collecting back in 2000, never did I hear of this alter ego of "Devil Hulk"? You got an issue I can look up for this? And regardless, it's just a dumb concept of Marvel's imo.  And this "Green door" concept must be pretty new as it wasn't around when I last collected Hulk during the Planet Hulk/WW Hulk story arc. And Skar was Rick Jones, was he not? I just know of Mr Fixit & smart Hulk as his other versions. The Hulk used to be a very unique character to me back in my comic book reading days of the late 70s/80s/90s early/mid 2000s, now with everyone asides from Aunt May (not yet) being gamma powered, it's just become a joke imo.

Incredible Hulk 13 appeared as a big reptile creature. Skaar and Rick Jones are separate characters. Skaar is Hulk’s son. But Scar is one of Bruce’s other personalities also known as World Breaker. 

3 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Are we seriously at the "Character who is literally powered by rage doesn't come with a non-angry headsculpt" stages of nitpicking?

For those of us that like to take action pics, yeah. If you're the type that just poses their figure up on the shelf & leaves it in that one pose permanently, then I guess not. For the price hikes that this line has increased by since 2011, so don't think it's asking a lot to include alternate head sculpts.

56 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

Are we seriously at the "Character who is literally powered by rage doesn't come with a non-angry headsculpt" stages of nitpicking?

It's a fine head sculpt. Kind of and angry yawn.

I imagine I'll be using it for him to yawn as it looks like that lol. I'll be head swapping it with my MS head. 

3 hours ago, Gigantor said:

And Sasquatch wasn't created by gamma rays, he thought he was. He actually opened up a portal into a dimension of Canadian Gods called " the great beasts" that were evil & he got possessed by one called  " Tanaraq". So when Langkoski thought he was morphing into Sasquatch, he was just actually summoning Tanaraq to take his place.

The book very much touched on and acknowledged Sasquatch's backstory. He was still possessed by Tanaraq, it's just that since the gamma bombardment caused the portal to be opened, there still is a connection between gamma rays and Sasquatch's powers.

Since you're not going to bother to read the specific comic to complain about it, can't you just not complain about things you have no actual idea about? Immortal Hulk is great, it's one of Al Ewing's best books and arguably Marvel's best current book. And I kinda find it funny that you sneer at the concepts the book introduces, while at the same time going about how Mr. Fix-It or Professor Hulk are the kind of Hulk versions you know. I'm pretty sure more than a few people must have been "this isn't the Hulk I know" when either of those versions were introduced way back then.

1 hour ago, ADour said:

The book very much touched on and acknowledged Sasquatch's backstory. He was still possessed by Tanaraq, it's just that since the gamma bombardment caused the portal to be opened, there still is a connection between gamma rays and Sasquatch's powers.

Since you're not going to bother to read the specific comic to complain about it, can't you just not complain about things you have no actual idea about? Immortal Hulk is great, it's one of Al Ewing's best books and arguably Marvel's best current book. And I kinda find it funny that you sneer at the concepts the book introduces, while at the same time going about how Mr. Fix-It or Professor Hulk are the kind of Hulk versions you know. I'm pretty sure more than a few people must have been "this isn't the Hulk I know" when either of those versions were introduced way back then.

I'm "sneering" at the fact that there's now a platoon of gamma based family  ( Banner's wife, cousin, best friend, son, Ross, Cho as Asian Hulk, etc)  of Hulk like creatures in today's MU when back in the day, it was limited to a more reasonable 3 that made sense.. Like I said, I won't be shocked to see Aunt May get gamma based powers in the near future as well just to sell a book & sadly, some of you would actually probably buy a Gamma powered Aunt May figure.  I believe it was Peter David that came up with the Banner merged with Hulk "smart Hulk" concept back in the 90s, that made sense to me. I actually was never a big fan of his "Joe fixit" Persona. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

10 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

I'm "sneering" at the fact that there's now a platoon of gamma based family  ( Banner's wife, cousin, best friend, son, Ross, Cho as Asian Hulk, etc)  of Hulk like creatures in today's MU when back in the day, it was limited to a more reasonable 3 that made sense.. Like I said, I won't be shocked to see Aunt May get gamma based powers in the near future as well just to sell a book & sadly, some of you would actually probably buy a Gamma powered Aunt May figure.  I believe it was Peter David that came up with the Banner merged with Hulk "smart Hulk" concept back in the 90s, that made sense to me. I actually was never a big fan of his "Joe fixit" Persona. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

That was not the only thing you were complaining about, but I guess it's the one you can argue against.

4 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Don't know if I go along with everything youre saying here, but I do see the overuse of gamma power, and for that matter, all the radioactive-bitten-by-spider characters out there. It does dilute the original premise. Most of these people got their powers thru freak, nearly one- of -a -kind  accidents that should, by all rights, have killed them. There were enough unknown factors involved, that duplication was nearly impossible. And if their storylines went on for decades like that, then suddenly its  like you can get your powers from some assembly production line, the uniqueness is gone. If its that easy to make a Hulk (or Cap, Spidey, F4, DD, etc) then why wasn't it done before?? SHIELD or AIM or whoever coulda had their own unstoppable super troops.

In reality, the writers just don't have any original imaginative material left so they steal from what went before.

But the man has a point too: just because its not what we all knew or grew up with, doesn't automatically mean its no good. And lets be honest, just like movie producers, publishers and editors are always gonna try to catch that lightning in a bottle twice.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head with what I was trying to convey to the others. Marvel writers , just like Hollywood writers have zero original ideas in their dried up craniums so they just steal from ideas/ concepts from great Marvel writers such as Stan Lee, Jim Shooter, Starlin , etc. Hollywood for the past couple of decades is all about sequels/prequels/ re-dos & changing the race & genders of any characters they feel like changing to appease the masses. Lets not forget all the 70s-80s Tv shows they've turned into movies as well as video games. 

Virtually every idea in comics sounds pretty dumb on its' surface.  It's the writing around it that makes the difference.

Comics are also locked into the eternal struggle of giving the illusion of change without changing too much.  So yeah, a lot of things recycle.

You'll be hard pressed to find ANY superhero-oriented books that are "totally original" in every way.  Because the superhero genre has been pretty much exhausted.  They've been originated, regulated, deconstructed, reconstructed, subverted, analyzed, rebooted, unrebooted, etc....  So people can #$## about "no new ideas" all they want but should probably recognize that superhero comics have become a victim of their own longevity.

That, and when writers DO bring "new ideas" to the table they usually get shouted down by old-timers who haven't been buying the books for years anyway.

6 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

Virtually every idea in comics sounds pretty dumb on its' surface.  It's the writing around it that makes the difference.

Comics are also locked into the eternal struggle of giving the illusion of change without changing too much.  So yeah, a lot of things recycle.

You'll be hard pressed to find ANY superhero-oriented books that are "totally original" in every way.  Because the superhero genre has been pretty much exhausted.  They've been originated, regulated, deconstructed, reconstructed, subverted, analyzed, rebooted, unrebooted, etc....  So people can #$## about "no new ideas" all they want but should probably recognize that superhero comics have become a victim of their own longevity.

That, and when writers DO bring "new ideas" to the table they usually get shouted down by old-timers who haven't been buying the books for years anyway.

Probably cuz their "new ideas" stink.

31 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Probably cuz their "new ideas" stink.

Actually no, Immortal Hulk is one of Marvel’s highly acclaimed books at the moment. 
There’s also the Masked Raider a great idea that is related to Marvel Comics #1 with the Human Torch’s debut and characters like the original Masked Raider, the Black Rider, Blind Justice and Black Avenger who all wore the Eternity Mask.

Hulkling uniting Kree and Skrull to take on the looming threat of the Cotati and Quoi (son of Mantis & Cotati Swordsman) that related to the Kree-Skrull War, Uneasy Alliance between the Kree and Skrulls, Celestial Madonna Saga, and the origin of the Young Avengers

Knull god of the symbiotes

Gorr the God Butcher

48 minutes ago, Neal said:

Not to interrupt all of the comic talk, but I picked this guy up today at a local store.

Lucky I went today and was too late someone beat me to him