Marvel Legends Target Exclusive Red Hulk Revealed

JayC

47 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

'Gorr"? "Knull"? "Quoi"?  "Blind Justice/ Black Rider/Masked Raider/Black Avenger"???   Sorry, but that clinches it. Marvel writers have completely run out of cool hero/villain names & are now throwing caca at the wall & going with what sticks. Sad thing is, you guys are still eating it up!

Funny that you should cite the Masked Raider, Black Rider and Black Avenger as dumb names that modern writers have come up with when all of them were created during the Golden Age. Masked Raider himself harkens to the very beginning of Marvel Comics itself since he debuted in Marvel Comics #1. And Quoi is a character from 1989. And a side note, "Gorr" is a Nordic name, fitting for a Thor villain.

You're complaining about the naming of Marvel's modern characters, citing as an example one of Marvel's first characters.

Let that sink in.

3 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

So, what, they decided to dig these up from the Marvel basement, dust off the cobwebs & utilize them after 80yrs? I never heard of any of em & I collected comics in the late 70s 80s/90s up till mid 2000s

Just becuase you don't do your homework doesn't mean it's unimportant. The Masked Raider was one of Marvel's earliest heroes and the Black Rider was one of Timely's big characters from their Western era. And it doesn't excuse the fact that you like to talk out of your butt so much you literally brought up one of Marvel's very first characters as an example of bad modern character naming. I'm not one to externalize, but know that I'm still cracking up about this.

You said it yourself. You collected comics until the mid-2000s, so stop trying to talk about comics you haven't even touched with a stick, with the pomposity of "Sad thing is, you guys are still eating it up!" It isn't doing you any favors.

1 hour ago, tarot said:

Guy can you please stick to the subject of the thread? you're view on comics (modern or otherwise) is not something you should fight about because you will never agree on it. You each enjoy different thing. Stop raising to the other and arguing about it. You BOTH will be treated as trolls.

No problema. So, is there an actual street date for Rulk or did it already just hit Target this week. after NYTF?

10 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Damn, I see videos getting posted that only one Red Hulk per shipment is hitting local Targets...but still isn't online at their site. Hopefully soon! Till then I will enjoy my Universe 4" version.

That...doesn't make a lot of sense.  He presumably comes in a case, and I doubt Hasbro would make a case of "one" and there's no other Deluxe figure to pack in with him unless he's co-shipping with the White Suit Movie Widow and they're just not putting her on shelves yet, but if that were the case I'm certain we'd have seen a leak already.

7 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

That...doesn't make a lot of sense.  He presumably comes in a case, and I doubt Hasbro would make a case of "one" and there's no other Deluxe figure to pack in with him unless he's co-shipping with the White Suit Movie Widow and they're just not putting her on shelves yet, but if that were the case I'm certain we'd have seen a leak already.

Mass market retailers don't always receive cases at the individual store level, though. Target, the company, gets a ton of cases from Hasbro, but they might open those cases up and send the figures individually to the stores themselves. Walgreens, for instance, never receives full cases of any wave. They just get mish-mash boxes of toys, with a figure here and a figure there, and because Walgreens often doesn't even internally differentiate between their own exclusives, let alone anything else, the assortments they receive can be extremely random.

9 hours ago, Gigantor said:

No problema. So, is there an actual street date for Rulk or did it already just hit Target this week. after NYTF?

The street date is supposedly March 1st, but it’s dumb that we haven’t even gotten a pre-order for it yet

12 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Damn, I see videos getting posted that only one Red Hulk per shipment is hitting local Targets...but still isn't online at their site. Hopefully soon! Till then I will enjoy my Universe 4" version.

That's not the case with all stores, but definitely with many.  The store I grabbed mine at had two, and another local store is showing two in stock this morning.

13 hours ago, Atlantis said:

This is True, I'm sure they will be sold in cases soon. But I Actually picked mine out of box of mixed toys that he was putting out. Currently stores are only getting one, But just like Kraven/Spider-man 2pack. But, more are on the way. Just might be a little bit of a wait. Don't pay over retail.

Additionally lots of stores have not place to put them out, likely they are in the back room. DCPI 087-16-1602

3 hours ago, Benn said:

Mass market retailers don't always receive cases at the individual store level, though. Target, the company, gets a ton of cases from Hasbro, but they might open those cases up and send the figures individually to the stores themselves. Walgreens, for instance, never receives full cases of any wave. They just get mish-mash boxes of toys, with a figure here and a figure there, and because Walgreens often doesn't even internally differentiate between their own exclusives, let alone anything else, the assortments they receive can be extremely random.

I was aware Walgreen's did that.  I'd never seen any indication that Wal-Mart or Target did. Guess I've just never seen one of those boxes of mixed toys on the pallets around here. Or not recognized them when I did.

But yeah I knew that was the reason some Walgreens get no exclusives and some get flooded.  I have one near me with like 10 Magiks collecting dust, but never saw Moonstar, The Cuckoos, or the Thing on shelves at all (in any of the 3 "close" Walgreens).  I actually found Mystique and Emma on-shelves, but both times were probably due to package damage and were at "further out" Walgreens.

Yeah Apparently (and even some of the fellow forumers) are already getting this figure (saw a guy in internet land showcasing he bought 4 of them, so of course there are those jerks), I have been checking the Target site quite often and it seems constantly sold-out so I guess we will have to wait a bit for them to fully stock up, Canada dones't have targets here, but the online ships to Canada at least

https://www.target.com/p/marvel-legends-series-hulk-action-figure/-/A-78137437

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2020 at 3:23 AM, boy1der1112 said:

Which green hulk is this a reuse of? I'm looking for one that scales with it. 

The two-pack one with Wolverine from late last year... and the SDCC exclusive, from late last year... and also the gray Hulk, from late last year. It's the new go-to comic Hulk sculpt.