Leader Confirmed Plus Sugar Man And Abomination BAF For Marvel Legends

JayC

7 minutes ago, mako said:

That can't be right. That would mean the entire wave (that IS comic Ms. Marvel) would be Gamerverse in name only. Plus, you have an entire wave with no big guns?

yes just like every MCU wave ever. Also Cap and Iron Man are included I just didn't include them as they were shown already. Ms Marvel will gain this costume in the game as well.

5 minutes ago, mako said:

Right, so she'll probably be a minor redeco. Kinda disappointing, but oh well.

And Tarot, I don't disagree about the MCU, but this is Toyfair! Hit pause on the anti-movie fig rhetoric. Let's just enjoy the party.

me? anti-MCU? you dare?!  why I never? LOL. nah i was just using the MCu waves as an example.

4 hours ago, monron999 said:

The only reasoning behind doing another Abomination is if he's going to be in the game. I mean he's had so many different redesigns over the years there's really no specific look we can expect him to conform to. If he looks good he should fit in with most ML displays. The big question is how will he stack up size wise with our current Hulk figure. I think we can all agree, for the most part, that the Abomination from the Avengers wave is too small as he's almost always portrayed as big as the Hulk or maybe even a bit larger. If this Abomination fits better going toe to toe with Hulk, then away to the storage bin both the older Abominations will be a-heading.

That Mach-1 is a must have. And hey, Captain Marvel does still exist, who the hell knew, oh but I see they made certain to distinguish him as Mar-Vell. Very smooth, Hasbro. Rage, sign me up for as many New Warriors as we can get. We need Silhouette next. Leader, what the hell took so long? Maybe he was standing in line next to Mandarin and he'll get some play tomorrow at Toy Fair. 

Abomination original stats before Marvel "super sized" him in the late 90s:

HEIGHT: 6 ft. 8 in.
WEIGHT: 980 lbs.
EYES: Green
HAIR: None
SKIN: Green
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: The Abomination has two toes on each foot, webbed ears, and a ridged brow.

STRENGTH LEVEL: The Abomination possesses vast superhuman strength, enabling him to lift (press) approximately 100 tons.

SUPERHUMAN POWERS: The Abomination possesses superhuman strength that surpasses that of the Hulk at the Hulk's normal "calm" functional level. But whereas the Hulk has a specially adapted adrenal gland whose secretions trigger the release of far greater amounts of physical strength than that of the Hulk's normal level to correspond to his heightened emotional states, the Abomination does not. Hence, the Abomination's strength does not fluctuate like the Hulk's.

The gamma radiation that mutated the Abomination's body fortified his cellular structure and added, from some as yet unknown source, over 800 pounds of bone marrow and tissue to his body. Unlike the Hulk's, the Abomination's transformation has proved stable; he cannot change back and forth between his human state and his superhuman state.

In addition to great strength, the Abomination's body possesses a high degree of resistance to injury, pain, and disease. The Abomination's skin is capable of withstanding great heat without blistering (up to 3,500 Fahrenheit), great cold without freezing (down to -175 Fahrenheit), and great impacts without injury (he can survive direct hits by field artillery cannon shells). It is possible to injure him, however: for example, the Abomination could not survive the detonation of a nuclear warhead from ten feet away. The Abomination's highly efficient physiology renders him immune to all terrestrial disease.

The Abomination can hold his breath for long periods, the limits of which have yet to be defined. Extreme pain or cold (beneath the limit mentioned above) or extended lack of oxygen can cause him to enter a coma-like state of suspended animation, in which he can survive, perhaps indefinitely.

Like the Hulk, the Abomination can use his superhumanly strong leg muscles to leap great distances. The Abomination has been observed to cover 2 miles in a single bound.

So I'm fine with the ML version that we have now from Hasbro. 

Who wears ripped shorts? Abomination, apparently... is there any precedent for this in recent comics, or is this definitely a video game look for him? I've only seen him in the speedos or none. Either way, kind of a meh choice to me. I seem to be in the minority, but I am fine with the Abominations we've gotten already. Still, a fairly solid wave, and I'm glad it isn't too full of figures from a video game that I will most likely never play (Not hating on it or anything, I just don't have the time).

Sugar Man!!!! I'm very pleasantly surprised. I was pretty "meh" about the AOA wave, but having him as the BAF makes me much more interested. It's good to have more funky, monster-y characters in ML, especially big ones! 

5 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Abomination original stats before Marvel "super sized" him in the late 90s:

HEIGHT: 6 ft. 8 in.
WEIGHT: 980 lbs.
EYES: Green
HAIR: None
SKIN: Green
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: The Abomination has two toes on each foot, webbed ears, and a ridged brow.

STRENGTH LEVEL: The Abomination possesses vast superhuman strength, enabling him to lift (press) approximately 100 tons.

SUPERHUMAN POWERS: The Abomination possesses superhuman strength that surpasses that of the Hulk at the Hulk's normal "calm" functional level. But whereas the Hulk has a specially adapted adrenal gland whose secretions trigger the release of far greater amounts of physical strength than that of the Hulk's normal level to correspond to his heightened emotional states, the Abomination does not. Hence, the Abomination's strength does not fluctuate like the Hulk's.

The gamma radiation that mutated the Abomination's body fortified his cellular structure and added, from some as yet unknown source, over 800 pounds of bone marrow and tissue to his body. Unlike the Hulk's, the Abomination's transformation has proved stable; he cannot change back and forth between his human state and his superhuman state.

In addition to great strength, the Abomination's body possesses a high degree of resistance to injury, pain, and disease. The Abomination's skin is capable of withstanding great heat without blistering (up to 3,500 Fahrenheit), great cold without freezing (down to -175 Fahrenheit), and great impacts without injury (he can survive direct hits by field artillery cannon shells). It is possible to injure him, however: for example, the Abomination could not survive the detonation of a nuclear warhead from ten feet away. The Abomination's highly efficient physiology renders him immune to all terrestrial disease.

The Abomination can hold his breath for long periods, the limits of which have yet to be defined. Extreme pain or cold (beneath the limit mentioned above) or extended lack of oxygen can cause him to enter a coma-like state of suspended animation, in which he can survive, perhaps indefinitely.

Like the Hulk, the Abomination can use his superhumanly strong leg muscles to leap great distances. The Abomination has been observed to cover 2 miles in a single bound.

So I'm fine with the ML version that we have now from Hasbro. 

Ya, I know by stats the current one is more accurate, and I'm not saying I don't enjoy it cuz it's pretty freaking good. All I'm saying is this new Hulk figure is far and out the best Hulk ever done and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they did another version of Abomination to match him in size as he appears in the comics. Besides, when the hell has Hasbro ever been concerned with official stats that they could easily access for accuracy? The Wrecking Crew, Sasquatch and Sandman are just shaking their heads.

21 minutes ago, tarot said:

I burst out laughing when I saw this but here is an In-package image of AOA Jean grey. Make the BAF Look waay bigger then the original images shown.

87486499_2609772909301635_33992820943990

Hahahaha that's neat, a BAF that comes with an extra action figure. Honestly surprised that Sugarman ended up being the BAF. Not really interested in it, but he does look cool and it's something rather different than what we've seen recently with Hasbro. 

As for the game verse figures, I couldn't care less.

2 hours ago, tarot said:

I burst out laughing when I saw this but here is an In-package image of AOA Jean grey. Make the BAF Look waay bigger then the original images shown.

87486499_2609772909301635_33992820943990

That is hilarious! Like the set up of the Boxers Deadpool, someone in marketing has a decent sense of humor. That Sugarman is gonna be soooo freaking crazy in my collection. Big props to the team for not just taking the easy way out with Sabretooth or another Apocalypse.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 12:13 PM, tarot said:

Here is the rest of the waves

the Gamerverse wave (doesn't include the Iron Man and Cap as we have seen them)

87070453_589960318224765_980102332832284672_n.jpg

and the AOA wave;

Great to see Captain Marvel, but I always dug the way his 70's doo "grew" out of his mask....this picture doesn't look like that. Hope the final product does....

large-5938003.jpg

In a way I'm glad the BAF Abomination sucks err... he's Gamerverse, which doesn't appeal to me, so I only have to spend the money on Captain Marvel and The Leader (and maybe Rage if I find him cheap somewhere).

Beyond these two waves, though, I LOVE the first appearance Storm and classic War Machine that were shown today!!!

4 hours ago, Air-Walker said:

Captain mf'n MARVEL!!! Hell yes!!! I am one happy dude, man!! That is one very worthy tick off the bucket list! 

True and yet I'm not sure they did him justice.

His Nega-Bands looked too big for his wrists. And regardless, would've been nice if they opted for a shiner gold color.

The red on his outfit looks muted. Hopefully that's just the lighting of the pic....I cannot stand that muted dull red.

They painted on his boots. I've cursed them out about this before (the Vision).  Its just lazy! It makes no sense because we know they could do it correctly...Mar-Vell's boots have horizontal segmented lines on them and end in a point at the knee. Instead of just sloppily painting that on, they could done them as Angela's boots were done.

Very happy he's showing up. Be glad to see Hasbro re-visit the translucent space field Genis version too.

cm.jpg