Leader Confirmed Plus Sugar Man And Abomination BAF For Marvel Legends

JayC

23 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

True and yet I'm not sure they did him justice.

His Nega-Bands looked too big for his wrists. And regardless, would've been nice if they opted for a shiner gold color.

The red on his outfit looks muted. Hopefully that's just the lighting of the pic....I cannot stand that muted dull red.

They painted on his boots. I've cursed them out about this before (the Vision).  Its just lazy! It makes no sense because we know they could do it correctly...Mar-Vell's boots have horizontal segmented lines on them and end in a point at the knee. Instead of just sloppily painting that on, they could done them as Angela's boots were done.

Very happy he's showing up. Be glad to see Hasbro re-visit the translucent space field Genis version too.

cm.jpg

Yes, I agree now that I've spent some time looking at the packaged photos, lol. I totally agree about the boots, but I'm not at all surprised Hasbro did this. The blue, while thankfully metallic, is too light. The red plastic looks really dull too as you say, and I'm not especially keen on his windswept hair. And yes, his Nega-Bands are more like Nega-Bracelets. I'm not a fan of the body mold either, esecially how the shoulders in every version I have always tend to stick overmuch and scrape paint away. Sigh...

But, it's Captain Marvel...I'm still excited to get him and I've literally been waiting at the edge of my seat every year for him to be redone since Hasbro relaunched Legends. For my part, I'll use some customizing tricks to sort out his Nega-bands, and I might even paint him up a bit and make a new, more 70s hair piece for him too, lol. 

58 minutes ago, MarvelousFan87 said:

That Abomination BAF is soooooo much better than the one we have now. Pointy looking too. And that leader is a much needed update.

Abomination looks nothing like the comic. He looks like Killer Croc. The leader looks great though. 

1 hour ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Abomination looks nothing like the comic. He looks like Killer Croc. The leader looks great though. 

Think thats supposed to be the Abomination from this video game theyre talking about. Havent seen it myself as I don't play video games but its a safe bet. Also resembles the version from the Incredible Hulk movie.

5 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Think thats supposed to be the Abomination from this video game theyre talking about. Havent seen it myself as I don't play video games but its a safe bet. Also resembles the version from the Incredible Hulk movie.

Yeah, it's supposed to be the Game version, which was a strange reveal given we haven't seen any footage of him in the game yet. Yeah it looks like what would happen if The Incredible Hulk movie version and the Comic Version had a baby.

13 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

9 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Yeah, it's supposed to be the Game version, which was a strange reveal given we haven't seen any footage of him in the game yet. Yeah it looks like what would happen if The Incredible Hulk movie version and the Comic Version had a baby.

I Know it's from the gamer verse, I posted that on Friday. My point is it looks more like Killer Croc or doomsday from BVS.  So far I think the game to figure designs are pretty unattractive.

9 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I Know it's from the gamer verse, I posted that on Friday. My point is it looks more like Killer Croc or doomsday from BVS.  So far I think the game to figure designs are pretty unattractive.

Not be honest none of the game designs look very attractive

33 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Not be honest none of the game designs look very attractive

Thought the Star verse iron man looked cool altho a lot of that was Jerry Wilson’s promo photography which made it look suitably cosmic. Still probably not buying him though. Gv iron man looks ok too but I just don’t need another Figure for tony stark 

9 minutes ago, MarvelousFan87 said:

Nah I think this is how he might look like in the game. I'm guessing.

see below

1 hour ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

please see beginning of thread. 

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 8:14 PM, Air-Walker said:

Yes, I agree now that I've spent some time looking at the packaged photos, lol. I totally agree about the boots, but I'm not at all surprised Hasbro did this. The blue, while thankfully metallic, is too light. The red plastic looks really dull too as you say, and I'm not especially keen on his windswept hair. And yes, his Nega-Bands are more like Nega-Bracelets. I'm not a fan of the body mold either, esecially how the shoulders in every version I have always tend to stick overmuch and scrape paint away. Sigh...

But, it's Captain Marvel...I'm still excited to get him and I've literally been waiting at the edge of my seat every year for him to be redone since Hasbro relaunched Legends. For my part, I'll use some customizing tricks to sort out his Nega-bands, and I might even paint him up a bit and make a new, more 70s hair piece for him too, lol. 

They could have done such a better job with him. Brighter, more golden bands, vibrant red on the uniform, accurate boots, and who knows, maybe even an added effect piece- "flying" streak, showing casing the cosmic sparkling trail he used to have. At any rate I'd still love to see the "Genis" version too.capmarvellist-06.thumb.jpg.bda11d292757a003b2fa968dd4ac001c.jpg

• 4 weeks later...