Jump to content
JayC

Leader Confirmed Plus Sugar Man And Abomination BAF For Marvel Legends

Recommended Posts

In a way I'm glad the BAF Abomination sucks err... he's Gamerverse, which doesn't appeal to me, so I only have to spend the money on Captain Marvel and The Leader (and maybe Rage if I find him cheap somewhere).

Beyond these two waves, though, I LOVE the first appearance Storm and classic War Machine that were shown today!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Air-Walker said:

Captain mf'n MARVEL!!! Hell yes!!! I am one happy dude, man!! That is one very worthy tick off the bucket list! 

True and yet I'm not sure they did him justice.

His Nega-Bands looked too big for his wrists. And regardless, would've been nice if they opted for a shiner gold color.

The red on his outfit looks muted. Hopefully that's just the lighting of the pic....I cannot stand that muted dull red.

They painted on his boots. I've cursed them out about this before (the Vision).  Its just lazy! It makes no sense because we know they could do it correctly...Mar-Vell's boots have horizontal segmented lines on them and end in a point at the knee. Instead of just sloppily painting that on, they could done them as Angela's boots were done.

Very happy he's showing up. Be glad to see Hasbro re-visit the translucent space field Genis version too.

cm.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Thanks brother!! So busy looking for Red Hulk on Target I didn't look for these yet. Got em now.

Is Red Hulk going to be up this weekend? I keep checking, too, but haven’t seen any official word either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Is Red Hulk going to be up this weekend? I keep checking, too, but haven’t seen any official word either way.

Should be. If not pretty soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And what's this I hear, fa Storm is also gonna be a Target exclusive? Nothing on the site yet....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

True and yet I'm not sure they did him justice.

His Nega-Bands looked too big for his wrists. And regardless, would've been nice if they opted for a shiner gold color.

The red on his outfit looks muted. Hopefully that's just the lighting of the pic....I cannot stand that muted dull red.

They painted on his boots. I've cursed them out about this before (the Vision).  Its just lazy! It makes no sense because we know they could do it correctly...Mar-Vell's boots have horizontal segmented lines on them and end in a point at the knee. Instead of just sloppily painting that on, they could done them as Angela's boots were done.

Very happy he's showing up. Be glad to see Hasbro re-visit the translucent space field Genis version too.

cm.jpg

Yes, I agree now that I've spent some time looking at the packaged photos, lol. I totally agree about the boots, but I'm not at all surprised Hasbro did this. The blue, while thankfully metallic, is too light. The red plastic looks really dull too as you say, and I'm not especially keen on his windswept hair. And yes, his Nega-Bands are more like Nega-Bracelets. I'm not a fan of the body mold either, esecially how the shoulders in every version I have always tend to stick overmuch and scrape paint away. Sigh...

But, it's Captain Marvel...I'm still excited to get him and I've literally been waiting at the edge of my seat every year for him to be redone since Hasbro relaunched Legends. For my part, I'll use some customizing tricks to sort out his Nega-bands, and I might even paint him up a bit and make a new, more 70s hair piece for him too, lol. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2020 at 3:54 PM, Atlantis said:

And what's this I hear, fa Storm is also gonna be a Target exclusive? Nothing on the site yet....

 

Hope the target exclusive storm will be on sale in bigbadtoystore or amazon australia....hope amazon will give a reasonable prize

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, MarvelousFan87 said:

That Abomination BAF is soooooo much better than the one we have now. Pointy looking too. And that leader is a much needed update.

Abomination looks nothing like the comic. He looks like Killer Croc. The leader looks great though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Abomination looks nothing like the comic. He looks like Killer Croc. The leader looks great though. 

Think thats supposed to be the Abomination from this video game theyre talking about. Havent seen it myself as I don't play video games but its a safe bet. Also resembles the version from the Incredible Hulk movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Think thats supposed to be the Abomination from this video game theyre talking about. Havent seen it myself as I don't play video games but its a safe bet. Also resembles the version from the Incredible Hulk movie.

Yeah, it's supposed to be the Game version, which was a strange reveal given we haven't seen any footage of him in the game yet. Yeah it looks like what would happen if The Incredible Hulk movie version and the Comic Version had a baby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Think thats supposed to be the Abomination from this video game theyre talking about. Havent seen it myself as I don't play video games but its a safe bet. Also resembles the version from the Incredible Hulk movie.

 

9 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Yeah, it's supposed to be the Game version, which was a strange reveal given we haven't seen any footage of him in the game yet. Yeah it looks like what would happen if The Incredible Hulk movie version and the Comic Version had a baby.

 I Know it's from the gamer verse, I posted that on Friday. My point is it looks more like Killer Croc or doomsday from BVS.  So far I think the game to figure designs are pretty unattractive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

 

 I Know it's from the gamer verse, I posted that on Friday. My point is it looks more like Killer Croc or doomsday from BVS.  So far I think the game to figure designs are pretty unattractive.

Not be honest none of the game designs look very attractive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Not be honest none of the game designs look very attractive

Iron Man is OK.  Not real impressed with any of the rest.  I mean Kamala is all right but she's basically just the comic version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Not be honest none of the game designs look very attractive

Thought the Star verse iron man looked cool altho a lot of that was Jerry Wilson’s promo photography which made it look suitably cosmic. Still probably not buying him though. Gv iron man looks ok too but I just don’t need another Figure for tony stark 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I recall of the trailers and such Thor looked OK, too.  Different, but not "Gamerverse Captain America" different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Abomination looks nothing like the comic. He looks like Killer Croc. The leader looks great though. 

Nah I think this is how he might look like in the game. I'm guessing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MarvelousFan87 said:

Nah I think this is how he might look like in the game. I'm guessing.

 see below

1 hour ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

 

 I Know it's from the gamer verse, I posted that on Friday. My point is it looks more like Killer Croc or doomsday from BVS.  So far I think the game to figure designs are pretty unattractive.

please see beginning of thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 9:09 AM, leokearon said:

Not be honest none of the game designs look very attractive

That Captain America really doesn't cut it. Its like bad, cheap cosplay. Happily my wallet will get a break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 8:14 PM, Air-Walker said:

Yes, I agree now that I've spent some time looking at the packaged photos, lol. I totally agree about the boots, but I'm not at all surprised Hasbro did this. The blue, while thankfully metallic, is too light. The red plastic looks really dull too as you say, and I'm not especially keen on his windswept hair. And yes, his Nega-Bands are more like Nega-Bracelets. I'm not a fan of the body mold either, esecially how the shoulders in every version I have always tend to stick overmuch and scrape paint away. Sigh...

But, it's Captain Marvel...I'm still excited to get him and I've literally been waiting at the edge of my seat every year for him to be redone since Hasbro relaunched Legends. For my part, I'll use some customizing tricks to sort out his Nega-bands, and I might even paint him up a bit and make a new, more 70s hair piece for him too, lol. 

 

They could have done such a better job with him. Brighter, more golden bands, vibrant red on the uniform, accurate boots, and who knows, maybe even an added effect piece- "flying" streak, showing casing the cosmic sparkling trail he used to have. At any rate I'd still love to see the "Genis" version too.capmarvellist-06.thumb.jpg.bda11d292757a003b2fa968dd4ac001c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea if the abomination head from this series will work on the old one? I never got ahold of the Scarlet Witch and it’s the only piece I’m missing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE