Marvel Livestream Reveal - Nimrod BAF

tarot

Just 2 hours before the Hasbro Livestream of the panel, Marvel themselves went and talked to the Hasbro brand team and reveal a brand new BAF. That being the long awaited......................................Nimrod!!!!!!! It hasn't been reveal what he is a baf of or when it would be released. But he looks big and comes with effects.

Watch the video below.

Glad they didn't take the route they took with Crimson Dynamo and give us some version of Nimrod nobody really knows or cares about. This is the definitive Nimrod from the JR,Jr run of the X-Men. Whenever and however they release this thing, it's gonna be a hit. I think it has to be a BAF. It could potentially carry a pretty weak X-Men wave. Maybe a second AoA wave, though he doesn't have much to do with the story. 

I have a feeling that they were hinting at more 2 and 3 packs towards the end there.  Seems odd to have those particular figures on display together like that.  And as I was typing that I realized that these were hints at figures revealed during the live stream....

Anyhoo... I have a feeling that there is going to be a Target Exclusive box set with all of the arcade game versions of the x-men and that is how we will get storm. Maybe they will give them new heads or new effects or all the joints done in the pinless style or something, but it seems odd that they did not tell us how Storm is being released even though they showed it was Target exclusive.  

Since Pulse has the Gamerverse wave up for pre-order we can get a great look at these new figures. Does anyone else think the comic figures are looking a little cartoony? All three ( Rage, Mar-Vell, and Mach1) look.... I don't want to say cheap but the sculpting skews a little on the caricature side and less realistic that other recent comic waves have looked. The recent FF wave is a perfect example of realism of the comic characters... these look...off.

obviosly will make a decision once I see them in the wild

Lots of great stuff revealed at Toy Fair! I was a little disappointed that Hasbro didn't announce a Lockjaw figure because now I know that I have to spend $130 on the the upcoming Mezco one. However I've very excited about a lot of the reveals: Nimrod, Black Tom, Maverick, Sugar Man, Iron Man 2020, Rage, Mach-1....  all great stuff!

14 hours ago, EtheAngel2220 said:

Is no one saying anything about the ML Haslab?! Did they mention it at the event? Theres a teaser clip on their "Hasbro Pulse" site. Looks like it might be a Sentinel??

https://hasbropulse.com/blogs/unboxed/marvel-legends-haslab-coming-soon

I'm 100% sure that it's gonna be a Sentinel, my hope is that it's the classic John Byrne DOFP version  & that it's the same hgt as the classic TB BAF version from 2005 that was 16' tall. I would just want it to be fully articulated, have some cool weapons effects & maybe light up eyes. An alternate battle damaged head sculpt would be great too.  That Nimrod is long over due & it looks classic enough for me, just glad they didn't make him all Pink.

732472365_Sentinelsdays-of-future-past.thumb.png.5c376c6a8d7750250f37380609907858.png

48 minutes ago, tarot said:

We have official confirmation thanks to Boog_ACBA asking that NIMROD is NOT a BAF. They dodged the question on what format it will be released, deluxe or otherwise, but they have said it is NOT a BAF, just BAF size.

This is what has really annoyed me about the Toy Fair news. Hasbro releasing a lot of half waves and reveals and struggling to give any proper info on said reveals. Surely it can't be that hard to reveal say three or for waves and a couple of deluxes/multi-packs

19 minutes ago, leokearon said:

This is what has really annoyed me about the Toy Fair news. Hasbro releasing a lot of half waves and reveals and struggling to give any proper info on said reveals. Surely it can't be that hard to reveal say three or for waves and a couple of deluxes/multi-packs

Nah dude. They have to only reveal parts. It's to build hype for the reveals later down the lines. If they revealed everything at once then there would be no need to do other shows.

That also not to mention that not everything goes as planned. They may something planned for a wave but can't get it made, so if they show it off and it doesn't come out, people would complain.