Marvel Legends - What we know post Toy Fair 2020?

tarot

I was going to let JayC do this like he always does post Toyfair but seeing as there is so much confusion about the announcement I think I would go through what we do know and what we don't. I'm not going to include anything from the Black Widow line up (wave and exclusives) or the fan channel Venom  as those have started seeing small releases.

• First up the earliest wave we knew about, the Age Of Apocalypse wave, which is up for Pre-order at various etailers right now, will consist of all AOA characters – Jean Grey, Weapon X, Sunfire, X-man, Morph, Wild Child and Dark Beast with the BAF being Sugar Man. This is set for a release date at the end of Spring.
  • Next is the Avengers Gamerverse wave which is also up for PO right now. This wave will consist of Game versions of Captain America, Iron Man and Ms. Marvel (her paint is different and she now has new arms and boots) alongside comic versions of Captain Mar-vell, Leader, Rage and Mach-I with the BAF being Game version of Abomination. Release Date: Late Spring
  • Those are the 2 complete waves so lets get onto stuff we don’t have a full wave of yet. First the Deadpool wave which will consist of – X-men Blue and Yellow Deadpool, X-force Sunspot, X-Force Warpath, Black Tom Cassidy and Maverick with the Strong Guy BAF. We still have at least 1 or 2 figures for this wave, which I’m going to assume is a female figure. No confirmed release date for this but it’s rumored for the Fall.
  • The new wave (although they didn’t say which wave) seem to consist of only 2 figure at the moment that being Venomized Mile Morales and Gwenom. It’s obvious this is for the Venom wave so expect more to be revealed at SDCC with a fall release date. (Check the exclusive section for the Cap)
  • For you vintage collectors, Hasbro today announced that they will be doing a Spider-man Vintage line, which will have the figures on the Spider-man Animated tv show’s toyline of the 90’s. They only showed 3 figures from that line but more will come. The wave so far will consist of Peter Parker with a camera and half masked face (similar to older depiction of how he got a spider-sense while in civilian clothing), Gwen Stacy with a MJ head if you missed the previous version and finally a brand new build of a Classic Spider-man with a second head. Rumor has it that the rest of the wave will be Daredevil, Electro and Green Goblin. Release date expected for the Fall.
  • The Riders line got a new figure in the form of the Punisher. He will come with a black version of Cap’s bike, a baseball bat, 2 heads and a War of the Realms viking helmet (shown in the Showroom). No word on a release date.
  • For people wanting more deluxe figures like the Black Widow, Hasbro announced new comic book basic Classic War Machine. It will come will tons of blast effects as well as a unmasked head. Also coming in the Deluxe line is an Age of Apocalypse…………………..Apocalypse. This is a BAF size figure similar to the recent Venom and Red Hulk and comes with 2 heads as well as a skull for him to hold. No release date confirmed but you should know these are NOT exclusives.
  • While they were announced at the Toy Fair, it wasn't until the solicitation came out for them that we knew the full story about the X-men Movies figures. These will be a new sub-line celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the X-men movies. This is similar to the 80th Anniversary last year and the 10th anniversary the year before. At the moment only one figure is exclusive see below. We will be getting single releases of Wolverine, Mystique and Domino.
  • There is also two sets of 2-packs, one of Deadpool and Negasonic Teenage Warhead and the other being Magneto and Xavier (with swappable heads).
  • As for the exclusives:
  • Walgreen will get a new Iron Man 2020 figure in thanks to it being the year 2020. This is up for pre-order on the Walgreen site for the US and etailer for UK/EU costumer now.
  • Hasbro Pulse has a Hydra Soldier figure up on their site for order right now, going for less then $15 dollars. No word on whether other countries will get it.
  • Walmarts gets a few figures, a Venomized Captain America for fall and a Movie version of Cable with no word on a release date. Before anyone says it, No. Hasbro did NOT say that Domino was a 2 pack with this.
  • Target got the most exclusives, Red Hulk was announced a few days ago, which should go up for PO soon-ish, A Gamerverse Space suit Iron man, which should be up for Pre-order now and a set that will include Classic / First Appearance Storm. It should be noted that Hasbro said that Storm will be part of a set with other figure, which haven’t been announce so we will have to wait a while for that to go up for PO.
  • The Final exclusive I wanna talk about is the Movie version white Shirt Wolverine, which is up on Amazon for PO right now for a August/ September September release date.
  • Finally we go onto the stuff we don’t know anything about. These are figures that we have no idea how or where they will be release. First off, we have an Old Man Hawkeye using a brand new sculpt that will hide the pegs in the figure. There is also an Old Man Logan with a Bady Hulk. We are going to assume both of these will be part of a set but they never said anything. Also announced during the Marvel Livestream was a Nimrod figure. There seems to be some confusing on whether this is a BAF for an upcoming wave OR a deluxe figure. Hasbro hasn’t said which yet. Lastly there was a Legacy Rogue figure using a whole new sculpt. No idea where this is going as of now. Also don’t worry about the lack on white streaks in her hair as this is only a prototype and the final figure will have her trademark hair.

Before we go into talking about the rumors, They have confirmed that there will be a Eternals wave (which is now rumor for 2 assortments), a "Falcon and Winter" and "WandaVision" products of some kinds. For the last 2 they haven't said what kind of product. They couldn't reveal anything for them as there is currently an embargo on reveal product for them, given that they are releasing late during this year. They also heavily hinted that the next Haslab project will be a Sentinel but nothing was shown.

As for the rumors, we have heard there is going to be:

• A second Avengers Gamerverse wave. We can assume that it will include the rest of the main characters from that game as well as comics.
  • A fan channel Retro Grey Beast that was revealed but is showing up in computers
  • A Silver Centurion Iron man
  • A Walgreen Exclusive Moon Knight
  • There is said to be another Deluxe figure believed to be Kingpin.
  • There was a rumor of a Punisher Battle Van but that looks to has been the rider set announced. I put it here just in case they just didn't reveal it yet.

That all we know at the moment. The next major reveals will take place at SDCC in the summer but Hasbro could reveal something before hand. I hope this help understand what is coming and what is not.

spacer.pngspacer.pngmorphaoa.jpgsunfireaoa.jpgweaponxaoa.jpgwildchild.jpgxmanaoa.jpgsugarmanaoa01.jpg

captainamericagv01.jpgironmangv01.jpgmsmarvelgv01.jpgmarvell01.jpgleader.jpgrage01.jpgmachx02.jpgabominationgv.jpg

deadpool.jpgsunspot.jpgwarpath.jpgblacktom01.jpgmaverick.jpgstrongguy.jpg

img_20200221_104056-1.jpgimg_20200221_104050-1.jpg

spiderman31.jpggwenstacy.jpgspiderman02b.jpg

punisher.jpgpunisher2.jpg

warmachine.jpgapocalypseaoa01.jpg

wolverinexcu1.jpgmystiquexcu.jpgdominoxcu.jpg

deadpoolxcu01.jpgnegasonicxcu01.jpgprofessorxxcu01.jpgprofessorxxcu02.jpgmagnetoxcu01.jpgmagnetoxcu02.jpg

ironman20204.jpg

87153664_503348420353966_378421470289723

img_20200221_104054-1.jpgcablexcu.jpg

thunderboltross.jpgironmangv02.jpgstorm04.jpg

wolverinexcu3.jpg

oldmanhawkeye01.jpgoldmanlogan.jpgnimrod.jpgrogue03.jpg

Patrick Stewart, Ian McCullen, Hugh Jackman: YES!! I would love a non-blue Mystique, but doubt this will ever happen.

An army of Peter Parkers for the body (please have an alt clean head). An army of Gwen Stacys. Just for heads: Black Tom, Rogue, Nega.

I'll probably get the Deluxe Punisher, but Netflix Punisher will be my favorite. This Punisher will just be civilian. I wish the van rumor was true ... I'll always hold that candle. Need at least two 1/12 scale vans. The Jazwares A-Team Van is for 1/18 unfortunately. There is a huge cargo army plane at Target for $60. A van would smaller and even after licensing could be as low as $80. Even at $100, it would still be a success.

Red Hulk: I like oversized human freak foes. 

For Haslab, the hint is Marvel Legends X-Men Jubilee enemy. I guess it must be Sentinel. Is it going to be a giant Days of Future Past version? Maybe I will pick up the entire movie line if this is the case.

For the Hasbro Pulse vote, I'm going for Silk because it has a good head.

20 minutes ago, Cuckoos said:

For Haslab, the hint is Marvel Legends X-Men Jubilee enemy. I guess it must be Sentinel. Is it going to be a giant Days of Future Past version? Maybe I will pick up the entire movie line if this is the case.

That Haslab trailer is literally just an action figure recreation of a scene from the X-Men animated series, which feature basically classic comic sentinels. I'd be surprised if that's not what we see from Haslab.

Did Hasbro say Storm would be part of a set somewhere other than their Toy Fair presentation? I finally got a chance to go back and watch the presentation, but all they said was "this will be a Target-exclusive item in some form or another later this year." That doesn't mean it's not part of a set, but it also isn't much of an implication that it is.

20 hours ago, Benn said:

That Haslab trailer is literally just an action figure recreation of a scene from the X-Men animated series, which feature basically classic comic sentinels. I'd be surprised if that's not what we see from Haslab.

I now see that the Amazon 16" Sentinel was way under scaled to the 6" figures. If Wolverine is just as high as the Sentinel head and if Sentinel uses a 1:8 head to body ratio, then it would be maybe around a 48"+/- Sentinel.

I might be interested if it is super articulated especially with the hands.

A regular Sentinel is 20 ft tall so I don't see where you think it has to be 48' tall to be "in scale" to 6" scale ML figures? A 20" tall Sentinel figure is the perfect scale. I could care less about a 4 ft tall super expensive Mastermold. I want classic DOFP Sentinels that I can army build 3 or more of!

I guess it also depends on whether we're getting a standard Sentinel (20', typically), or a Master Mold (30'+, typically).  "Days of Future Past" Sentinels were a fair bit taller than standard 616 Sentinels too.

Basically the size of Sentinels isn't always consistent despite what "official" measurements might say.  Sometimes they're big enough to hold a Mutant in their hand like an action figure.  Sometimes they can only manage a limb.  If Hasbro is going for the former then it's gonna have to be a lot taller than 20" (But I suspect they'll be going for something closer to the latter).

Haslab is known to release only large expensive items thus far. (I do think they should use the platform for more products that might struggle at retail but fans would go crazy for.)

tumblr_oq5hpwLrfv1s2u4wdo1_1280.jpgCCML1vMVIAAvPa_.jpgtex%20xmen.jpgaHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdl

From what I've seen, the Amazon Sentinel is way under-scaled compared to these references. I don't know what height they will get, but I'm sure it will be a massive sized Sentinel.

16 minutes ago, Benn said:

The size of sentinels has definitely varied wildly over the years. It seems like the classic sentinels were around 20 feet tall, but the X-Men have definitely fought much larger sentinels over the years.

Classic DOFP Sentinels are 20 footers, & they are a perfect Army builder so I would be shocked if Haslab went & did a 48' tall Sentinel & slapped some crazy $200+ price tag on it cuz no one except the very rich would be able to afford  or have the space for 2-3 or more 4ft tall Sentinels. 20' inch tall classic Sentinels would be the perfect scale for the 6' ML line & at a more reasonable $100-$125 price tag, will be more affordable for Sentinel fans to army build at minimum a triad of Sentinels if not more.50351914_Sentinelsdays-of-future-past.thumb.png.a1b1f4475f8e1171e7ba2363b0d0682f.png  These are the John Byrne versions that Haslab should do as they are Omega Sentinel hunter/killer units from the DOFP story arc & would look awesome as a group hunting mutants/metahumans/etc  & with the newly announced & long overdue Nimrod the "ultimate Sentinel" leading them, would look awesome!  Anything in the 2ft or more scale & priced at $175 or more will be out of my price range as well as I imagine , many others. As with all other large sized characters such as the Hulk & Juggernaut for example, artists like to take artistic license & draw Sentinels bigger than they actually should be as the only Sentinel that should be 4x bigger than them is Mastermold

7 hours ago, Benn said:

The size of sentinels has definitely varied wildly over the years. It seems like the classic sentinels were around 20 feet tall, but the X-Men have definitely fought much larger sentinels over the years.

I agree, the sentinels look large over the years...their fist should be able to grab a 6 inch figure...seems impossible

8 hours ago, Gigantor said:

As with all other large sized characters such as the Hulk & Juggernaut for example, artists like to take artistic license & draw Sentinels bigger than they actually should be as the only Sentinel that should be 4x bigger than them is Mastermold

Sentinels are a little bit different story than the Hulk or the Juggernaut, though, because there have been different models, with different creators, and they're all just robots, so it's not necessarily artistic license so much as actual in-story scale-creep. When the X-Men keep beating your 20-foot mutant-killing robots, what do you do? Make 40-foot mutant-killing robots, I guess.

3 hours ago, Benn said:

Sentinels are a little bit different story than the Hulk or the Juggernaut, though, because there have been different models, with different creators, and they're all just robots, so it's not necessarily artistic license so much as actual in-story scale-creep. When the X-Men keep beating your 20-foot mutant-killing robots, what do you do? Make 40-foot mutant-killing robots, I guess.

Yeah, the original Sentinels could fit inside a building, later models are the size of buildings

So far, I am pretty sure the AOA wave is going to be warming pegs for a while! If Dorkside is any indicator and it usually is, the wave will be sitting on shelves for a while. The Sugarman BAF hasn't even sold out yet. 😬.

1 hour ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

So far, I am pretty sure the AOA wave is going to be warming pegs for a while! If Dorkside is any indicator and it usually is, the wave will be sitting on shelves for a while. The Sugarman BAF hasn't even sold out yet. 😬.

We'll see. I'll definitely be skipping most of the wave, might get Sunfire as he's quite cool looking. Sugarman is also a crazy looking BAF but i'm not gonna shell out to complete him.

Also, guess we can 100% put to rest that rumor about prices going up to $30 at places other than Gamestop/FYE, as amazon has $19.99 preorders for just about every wave coming up. Thanks for getting us all worked up over nothing, Toyshiz!  If i were a follower of this guy to begin with, i'd be unfollowing at this point.

1 hour ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I was surprised that even the the Sugar Man baf didn't sell out. That's all I wanted anyway so I'm glad I got to reserve one.

42 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

We'll see. I'll definitely be skipping most of the wave, might get Sunfire as he's quite cool looking. Sugarman is also a crazy looking BAF but i'm not gonna shell out to complete him.

Also, guess we can 100% put to rest that rumor about prices going up to $30 at places other than Gamestop/FYE, as amazon has $19.99 preorders for just about every wave coming up. Thanks for getting us all worked up over nothing, Toyshiz!  If i were a follower of this guy to begin with, i'd be unfollowing at this point.

Gamestop's pricing has gotten all kinds of weird.  They almost appear to be pricing based on demand.  A lot of figures are back down to Gamestop's usual slightly-inflated rates but figures like Doom are still at $29.99.

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

Normally, at the very least the BAF's sell out within the 12-24 hours. It's uncommon to see it up for almost 48 hours. I'm definitely skipping AOA wave. Hasbro Pulse still has them at $19.99 as well. I generally don't take reviewers too seriously. Specially when they are trying to make it their "career". Reviewing toys isn't exactly rocket science, it's not even math and there is no reason they should make more than teachers. I don't trust much of anything they say outside of reviewing the toy. I've been in the game long enough to trust my own instincts as a collector. 

15 hours ago, Benn said:

No, you sick Nimrod Sentinels on them!  For army building purposes, Haslab would be smart to limit the hgt of their Sentinel to the 20' scale.  They would sell way more that way than they would with a bigger & more expensive version.

3 hours ago, Gigantor said:

No, you sick Nimrod Sentinels on them!  For army building purposes, Haslab would be smart to limit the hgt of their Sentinel to the 20' scale.  They would sell way more that way than they would with a bigger & more expensive version.

Unless the HasLab Sentinels are coming in multi-packs, they wouldn't be suited to Army Builders

19 hours ago, leokearon said:

Unless the HasLab Sentinels are coming in multi-packs, they wouldn't be suited to Army Builders

Why wouldn't the Haslab Sentinel be well suited for an Army builder? That character is like the symbol of army builder. They hunt mutants/metahumans in 3's aka a Triad patrol.