Shiklah, Kingpin Variant, Toxin And More For The Latest Round Of Marvel Legends Rumors

JayC

Ever since they revealed the Venom variant, I’ve been wondering if they would do a Kingpin variant. I’m hoping that if we do get it then it turns out to be in his black suit.

Having Maverick and Black Tom Cassidy in the Strong Guy is awesome, but I hope that the rumors about Shiklah and another Deadpool are not true. I like that they’re thinking outside of the box if  Shiklah turns out to be true, but they should keep doing that instead of making Deadpools. I’m already super surprised to see Maverick and Black Tom, so I’m hoping for more surprises like them to finish out the wave.

Would love a rerelease of kingpin. I really didnt want anyone from that wave and would love to do a shadowking. Also Im very curious how they will do Toxin since their last one was a lazy variant on the ugly hyperion body. I hope they use a different body buck. 

For those of you not familiar with Shiklah, she was the wife of both Marvel's Dracula and Deadpool at different times.... she's an awesome character. There are times when I read comments on this site when I wonder how many collectors of these figures haven't ever read any comics. By the way, I'm not saying that there's anything at all wrong with that... I get that some people just collect the movie figures or maybe read comics but perhaps not in 20 years....  I'm just surprised by how many people collect these figures but aren't familiar with the source material... for example I was having a conversation with a guy last week that is a big fan of the movies but didn't realize that the MCU movies that have been made didn't cover everything that had ever been written in the comics... when I told him that the movies could never ever begin to cover even 1% of the source material his mind was blown. When I told him than DC and Marvel both still publish like 50+ titles per month (at $4.99 a pop!) he was utterly shocked and had no idea. Not to mention all of the other publishers as well... like he didn't know The Walking Dead was a comic book, for example. Marvel could probably do themselves some favors if they at least advertised their comic division somewhat in a trailer before their movies... LOL

1 hour ago, Reno said:

There are times when I read comments on this site when I wonder how many collectors of these figures haven't ever read any comics.

I'm a prolific reader of comics, thanks, both classic and current. I'm just not generally a big fan of Deadpool's solo offerings, so I have only a passing familiarity with Shiklah. I generally like Deadpool better as a support character. I'd put my knowledge of the X-Men and other X-teams up against anyone in the world, but having knowledge gaps on certain characters doesn't mean someone isn't a fan. Virtually nobody has the time or resources to be an expert on even the entire Marvel universe, let alone all of comics. I don't think those sorts of insinuations are productive.

There are also a number of posters here who readily admit that they stopped reading comics 10, 15, 20 years ago. Whatever their reasons may be, I don't think there's anything wrong with their continued engagement in the world of comics solely through action figures. I may (and often do) disagree with rose-coloured blanket statements about the quality of today's comic book writers and illustrators, but if the stories of the 70s, 80s, 90s, or even the 40s are all that resonates with someone, who cares? Collecting action figures in classic costumes is a way for them to remain an active fan. There's nothing wrong with that.

I just purchased the Kingpin BAF wave ($155) just for Kingpin and was going to sell 6 of the characters on eBay. I do like the all white suit, but I would enjoy more Kingpins especially at $30 a pop. He's my favorite human enemy.

BTW: For Maggia goons, I find the WWE Elite Mr McMahon to be very suiting. He is 7", but some of the Maggia goons are extra large. Just need to remove the WWE paint and he's ready. It would be cool to get a Maggia set at some point.

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 10:44 AM, EvilHayato said:

Would love a rerelease of kingpin. I really didnt want anyone from that wave and would love to do a shadowking. Also Im very curious how they will do Toxin since their last one was a lazy variant on the ugly hyperion body. I hope they use a different body buck. 

Yes brother! Loved the BAF but hated most of those other figures and just would not justify wasting $ on them. Wonder if he'll be wearing the cravat he always had in earlier days?

Kingpin_cover1-655x1024.jpg