The Next Discounted Army Builder Should Be...?

RyanDaly

12 hours ago, RAMCAT said:

If there are further army builder singles like this; that doesn't necessarily mean they'll stay discounted and ONLY ever be entirely made of re-use.

That reminds me of the times when everyone was saying the vintage waves would only be made of re-use.

Probably in time, but there are a few discounted army builders they can do first

On 3/22/2020 at 3:41 PM, RAMCAT said:

If there are further army builder singles like this; that doesn't necessarily mean they'll stay discounted and ONLY ever be entirely made of re-use.

That reminds me of the times when everyone was saying the vintage waves would only be made of re-use.

They definitely wouldn't experiment out of the gate though, so we're looking at another 2 years before they try something else. If they were going to attempt something, the first wouldn't have been a figure that was released 2x already. And out of 3 waves of vintage figures, only Silver Samurai was mostly new. I think they'll triple down on the AIM figure next, do some reused sculpts for a new character...before venturing out...IF they make it that far

1 hour ago, nieman257 said:

They definitely wouldn't experiment out of the gate though, so we're looking at another 2 years before they try something else. If they were going to attempt something, the first wouldn't have been a figure that was released 2x already. And out of 3 waves of vintage figures, only Silver Samurai was mostly new. I think they'll triple down on the AIM figure next, do some reused sculpts for a new character...before venturing out...IF they make it that far

Well even still; I'm just talking about like the most common thing they do; take an existing body mold, repaint it & then add new new head. Boom, new character. Hellfire, Kree Soldier. Whatever. Doesn't seem that that improbable to me for the 2nd or 3rd army builder theyd release in this format. But you're right... IF they do. 

5 hours ago, RAMCAT said:

Well even still; I'm just talking about like the most common thing they do; take an existing body mold, repaint it & then add new new head. Boom, new character. Hellfire, Kree Soldier. Whatever. Doesn't seem that that improbable to me for the 2nd or 3rd army builder theyd release in this format. But you're right... IF they do. 

Don't forget, molding is the most expensive part of the figure-making process, so doing even a new head would immediately rule it out of being a Discounted figure. 

• 4 months later...

Now that we've gotten a good Leader figure, I would love for Hasbro to produce the Humanoid(s) as an army builder so we can get some of these things swarming our new Hulk figures. This could be a generic pink repaint of a classic body mold, and even though the head would have to be new, I mean, it's not like it's a detailed sculpt. Basically just a cylinder. 

Would anybody else want the Humanoid(s), or am I the only one?

Humanoid1.jpg

Humanoid2.jpg

4 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Now that we've gotten a good Leader figure, I would love for Hasbro to produce the Humanoid(s) as an army builder so we can get some of these things swarming our new Hulk figures. This could be a generic pink repaint of a classic body mold, and even though the head would have to be new, I mean, it's not like it's a detailed sculpt. Basically just a cylinder. 

Would anybody else want the Humanoid(s), or am I the only one?

Humanoid1.jpg

Humanoid2.jpg

I would prefer a Drone like the one that came with the old Toy Biz Cartoon leader 

Leader-SmashCrash-Front.jpg

I'd like to see army builders come in a 2-3 pack. For the Hand we'd get the basic red suited figure, individually wrapped with their swords. Each pack would have one bow/quiver, one set of nunchucks, one naginata. 

Now I'm sure some here will consider that more of a "deluxe" set but they could retain the 14.00+ a piece price line and still sell well, I think. $28.00 for 2 pack, $50.00 for 3 pack isnt unreasonable.

12 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I'd like to see army builders come in a 2-3 pack. For the Hand we'd get the basic red suited figure, individually wrapped with their swords. Each pack would have one bow/quiver, one set of nunchucks, one naginata. 

Now I'm sure some here will consider that more of a "deluxe" set but they could retain the 14.00+ a piece price line and still sell well, I think. $20.00 for 2 pack, 40.00 for 3 pack isnt unreasonable.

These are the versions I want Hasbro to make, none of this weird head coverings. Just traditional ol school balaclava type head coverings. A 3 pack for $49.99 sporting a variety of Ninja weapons & Martial arts hands would be awesome!

VJvT5TY.jpg

I think an army builder male Shield agent is fairly likely; just re-release that Giant Man wave Nick Fury without the Fury or Dirk head (Add a Dum Dum Dugan head, or other Shield officers, and I'm sold)

As for multi packs for the army builders; for the Power Rangers Lightning Collection, Hasbro is releasing a two pack of Putty Patrollers for 29.99. So I would say the same treatment for Legends isn't two far outside of the realm of possibility

Considering those Nick Fury SHIELD agent figs go for $38 on ebay, those also have to be re-released as an army builder for $14.99 sometime soon. I never saw one in the wild when they 1st came out!  Freakin scalpers!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-LEGENDS-FIGURE-LOOSE-AVENGERS-AGENT-OF-SHIELD-NICK-FURY-GIANT-MAN/392892944904?hash=item5b7a3e9208:g:NccAAOSwoU1fBtwi

11 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Now I'm sure some here will consider that more of a "deluxe" set but they could retain the 14.00+ a piece price line and still sell well, I think. $28.00 for 2 pack, $50.00 for 3 pack isnt unreasonable.

I already miss the army builder two packs that where done for the Hydra and AIM figures.

9 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Considering those Nick Fury SHIELD agent figs go for $38 on ebay, those also have to be re-released as an army builder for $14.99 sometime soon. I never saw one in the wild when they 1st came out!  Freakin scalpers!

I've always thought a SHIELD Agent 2-pack would be a cool set if it included one male body and one female with numerous interchangeable heads. Essentially, what Hasbro did for the Avengers Endgame Quantum suits Hawkeye and Black Widow 2-pack that included heads for Tony, Ant-Man, and Nebula. 

A comic book SHIELD set could have faceless/mask/helmeted heads, as well as more specific heads for characters like Clay Quartermain, Maria Hill, Jasper Sitwell, Bobby Morse (before she became Mockingbird), even comic book versions of TV characters like Melinda May). I wouldn't include Dum-Dum Dugan, as he should be on a separate body mold.

Two bodies, eight different heads; I think it'd be a great set.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
17 hours ago, Atlantis said:

As long as Hasbro Pulse keeps the Army builders at 14.99 I'm good with single packs. That way you can buy just one if you needed. or you can buy 2-3 if that's what you wanted. You wouldn't be limited to just 2 or 3 packs. If you only want an army of 5 you would have to pay for an additional figures. 

6 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

I've always thought a SHIELD Agent 2-pack would be a cool set if it included one male body and one female with numerous interchangeable heads. Essentially, what Hasbro did for the Avengers Endgame Quantum suits Hawkeye and Black Widow 2-pack that included heads for Tony, Ant-Man, and Nebula. 

A comic book SHIELD set could have faceless/mask/helmeted heads, as well as more specific heads for characters like Clay Quartermain, Maria Hill, Jasper Sitwell, Bobby Morse (before she became Mockingbird), even comic book versions of TV characters like Melinda May). I wouldn't include Dum-Dum Dugan, as he should be on a separate body mold.

Two bodies, eight different heads; I think it'd be a great set.

The Endgame set in theory was brilliant. However, too many factors like wrong color, heads that aren’t accurate for the movie ( neither Tony nor Scott wore these helmets while wearing this suit ), not all heroes got a quantum suit representation ( Thor, Rocket) kinda makes this set a slight miss IMO. Don’t get me wrong, I DO like this set, just wish it had been tweaked to be a better representation of the movie characters.

FYI: this set was peg (shelf) warming hard in my area shortly after release. I bought three sets to get enough for the whole team because they were so readily available  (sooo many extra IM and Ant man helmets!). Just checked online, prices have skyrocketed for this set!!

I like your idea of a SHIELD set,. I agree they should come with both male and female. I wouldn’t even need recognizable heads, give me nameless cannon fodder all day

Others I haven’t seen mentioned that could be cool army builders:

the Watchdogs

Ultimatum Army ( Flag Smashers crew)

Steel Skulls ( Grim Reapers Army)

maybe Wild Pack

wouldn't think they’d touch the Sons of the Serpent , but they revamped Nazi’s in the comics to be less controversial, so with a new back story and motivation they might.. who knows..

40 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Others I haven’t seen mentioned that could be cool army builders:

the Watchdogs

Steel Skulls ( Grim Reapers Army)

maybe Wild Pack

wouldn't think they’d touch the Sons of the Serpent , but they revamped Nazi’s in the comics to be less controversial, so with a new back story and motivation they might.. who knows..

F7C73C78-55D8-4555-92B2-5A93B4E52BEF.jpeg

3FDAA83E-CE81-442A-88BE-143F12A843AF.jpeg

7FCA19EF-E7BB-4D97-92B8-0B01608714C0.jpeg

E02750BF-7394-44FD-B2EC-BD92F6E0D3C0.jpeg

A2331BC6-1270-4F05-BA66-8391C03C4AF2.jpeg

Wild Pack would be fantastic! I have been hoping for a Battlestar for years.

4 hours ago, McHogan said:

The Endgame set in theory was brilliant. However, too many factors like wrong color, heads that aren’t accurate for the movie ( neither Tony nor Scott wore these helmets while wearing this suit ), not all heroes got a quantum suit representation ( Thor, Rocket) kinda makes this set a slight miss IMO. Don’t get me wrong, I DO like this set, just wish it had been tweaked to be a better representation of the movie characters.

Yeah, I remember hearing a lot of these complaints when the set came out; I never got it myself, as I don't collect MCU figures, but I liked the idea they were going for. I think with some modifications, and especially when you don't have the expectation of being super faithful to the movie or a specific source, this could be a pretty successful set. 

2 hours ago, McHogan said:

F7C73C78-55D8-4555-92B2-5A93B4E52BEF.jpeg

I would love a Flag Smasher figure, so his grunts would be nice.

We could also see Rampart, the nationalist group introduced in Mark Waid and Chris Samnee's recent run.

rampart.jpg

13 hours ago, McHogan said:

FYI: this set was peg (shelf) warming hard in my area shortly after release. I bought three sets to get enough for the whole team because they were so readily available  (sooo many extra IM and Ant man helmets!). Just checked online, prices have skyrocketed for this set!!

I like your idea of a SHIELD set,. I agree they should come with both male and female. I wouldn’t even need recognizable heads, give me nameless cannon fodder all day

While I never got the Endgame set, it was a nice idea and I am having a lot of fun with my Quantum Suit Cap, so I would love a SHIELD set in a similar vein.

• 5 months later...