The Next Discounted Army Builder Should Be...?

RyanDaly

For me, one of the most pleasant revelations at Toy Fair 2020 was the release of a standalone Hydra Soldier, and at a cheaper price point! I've already ordered two of them when I pre-ordered The Leader and Captain Marvel, and I hope to order more when I use Hasbro Pulse for other purchases. I absolutely love this approach for army-builders and I really, really hope Hasbro repeats this with future characters.

What other army-builders would you like to see released this way? From the comics, the A.I.M. soldier would be a simple re-release. With the Super-Skrull BAF, it would be great to have a new Skrull soldier to surround him. And if you have Skrulls, you're going to need Kree soldiers for them to war with. What about Doombots? Or Hellfire Club soldiers? Or Hand ninjas? 

For the MCU collectors, the army-builders could be Ultron drones, Chitauri soldiers, Outriders, Iron Legion drones, others...?

What would you want to see next if Hasbro releases more army builder figures at a discounted price like they have with the Hydra soldier?

Yeah, I think if they see the success that they want/need to with the Hydra Agents, then the AIM soldiers will be next.  That would be thrilling for folks that want more, and I sure hope it happens and is successful enough to make Hasbro want to continue the model.  Unfortunately, I already have five of each and I think I need to stick there.

The one I'd like to see is the Apocalypse Wave Multiple Man!  I'd pick up at least two.

I got real lucky to get the Hydra 2-packs for cheap during the TRU shutdown so I definitely wouldn't say I need more... but I like the packaging for this exclusive and I want it to do well, so I had purchased 2 haha.

I can really see them doing the SHIELD troopers next. I just want an updated Dugan, Fury and generic soldier head really! I wouldn't be surprised (or happy) if it were AIM scientists next.

But I think Hellfire Club goons and Hand Ninjas would be my top choices. Would glady welcome all those others too though. Kree, Brood, Skrull, etc.

I'd definitely get a handful of Hellfire Club soldiers if they made them available like this. Purifiers would be cool too, but there would need to be a variety of headsculpts available for that to feel authentic, which would probably be tough. I'd also love to see an option for the Brood, though I doubt they could do that so cheaply. 

6 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

I agee. Feels like for generic Kree or Skrull troopers or Hellfire Goons we would get one released in a wave for full msrp first, then re-release later on at the lower price point.

Agreed. That how the gauge the interest in Army Builder. If they figure sells alot, then they should do this but if it doesn't then don't.

That being said I forgot that the Nick Fury figure was also a SHIELD figures. Let see which army builders we have including BAF

• Mandroids (though I think they should be repainted yellow)
  • AIM grunts
  • Kree Sentries
  • Doombots (Technically)
  • Dora Milajie
  • Frost Giants (the MU one)
  • Shield soldiers
  • Kree Soldier (like I said just repaint Genis)
  • Skrulls (rerelease Super skrull but he suppose to be bigger then a normal skrull)
  • and yes Multiple man if you want but I doubt they would do that since he is a unique character.

Am I missing any? 

I'm betting if this does well, SHIELD troopers will likely be next, then AIM Scientists.  After that?  Who knows?  Probably also depends on what other troop builders are out there.

Also if we go way back there's a Hand Ninja/Ronin mold as a possibility for a troop builder (though I'd prefer Hand Ninjas get a new version).

I think very simple "new" characters based on existing molding might make it in...so yeah, a Kree Soldier based on straight Genis-Vell repaint and a Skrull Soldier at least partially based on Super-Skrull (if not hijacking the popular Paladin/Skrull head LBC) might not be out of the question.

I think it'll be a while before we see any BAFs/"Deluxe" figures offered in this format.  Assuming it continues at all.  Mandroids would be fun.  Sadly they haven't yet gotten around to Hydra Dreadnoughts to match them (Though who knows?  Maybe with the Falcon+Winter Soldier wave).

Purifiers I think are a little too ornate and varied to be an easy troop builder, at least if they were in the (preferred, IMO) pseudo-religious trappings, though I guess the "mini-sentinel" outfits would maybe be easier.  However I think Omega Sentinels (Regular versions, not the individual Karima Shapandar version) could pretty easily be done, especially if they do a Bastion figure in the mainline.  For possible BAF/Deluxe sized troop builders there's the Right "Smiley Face" battlesuits.

Either way where X-Men are concerned I think there's a startling dearth of "Rabid anti-mutant" villains in the line.

I don't think they'll offer any of the bigger characters yet, but I easily see them doing AIM next.

Skrull would be interesting, because the only other Skrull sculpt is the MCU. I don't think they'll use the bigger body mold for discounted figures.

I also don't think they'll do Hand Ninjas until they actually release it retail.

So for right now, I see Kree & AIM. I don't even see SHIELD, as of yet, because would they release different head sculpts, to make it viable?

30 minutes ago, nieman257 said:

I don't think they'll offer any of the bigger characters yet, but I easily see them doing AIM next.

Skrull would be interesting, because the only other Skrull sculpt is the MCU. I don't think they'll use the bigger body mold for discounted figures.

I also don't think they'll do Hand Ninjas until they actually release it retail.

So for right now, I see Kree & AIM. I don't even see SHIELD, as of yet, because would they release different head sculpts, to make it viable?

I think Hellfire Club goons have just as good of a chance that the Kree would since they each just need a repainted Hydra Soldier body and a new head. Definitely don't want to get extra baf pieces from army builders.... unless the whole wave is an army builder theme with an army builder BAF. If that's the case, give me 3 full orders lol.

52 minutes ago, nieman257 said:

I suspect a SHIELD troop builder is going to get the helmet/mask head that came with the Giant-Man wave Nick Fury.