Jump to content

The Next Discounted Army Builder Should Be...?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As long as Hasbro Pulse keeps the Army builders at 14.99 I'm good with single packs. That way you can buy just one if you needed. or you can buy 2-3 if that's what you wanted. You wouldn't be limited

For me, one of the most pleasant revelations at Toy Fair 2020 was the release of a standalone Hydra Soldier, and at a cheaper price point! I've already ordered two of them when I pre-ordered The Leade

If there are further army builder singles like this; that doesn't necessarily mean they'll stay discounted and ONLY ever be entirely made of re-use. That reminds me of the times when everyone was

Posted Images

I think they'll do a generic goon as an army builder. That Stan Lee/Parker bottom, generic upper (painted on shirt), and any of the masked heads for a ski mask look, and one pistol, and their bag (purse snatcher), and there you go. Because I doubt anyone is gonna pay $20+ for a goon/fodder

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any discounted army builders are most likely going to bee re-releases to keep the cost down.

So expect AIM Scientist and SHIELD agents, Maybe a Madrox or an Ultron (not the BAF but the one from the TRU 3 pack) if someone at Hasbro goes nuts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2020 at 8:07 PM, nieman257 said:

I think they'll do a generic goon as an army builder. That Stan Lee/Parker bottom, generic upper (painted on shirt), and any of the masked heads for a ski mask look, and one pistol, and their bag (purse snatcher), and there you go. Because I doubt anyone is gonna pay $20+ for a goon/fodder

Haha that is a true Marvel Legend right there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think we're gonna get new parts in a "discounted" troop builder.

So if it requires new parts, those parts are gonna have to be sculpted and placed in a  "new" release before we can likely see them in a "discount pack."

So likely no Hellfire troops (need a headsculpt), no Hand Ninjas (unless they use the old Ronin mold), at least not before they get a regular line release of some type.

Kree soldiers could probably be done on the Genis-Vell mold.

Skrull Soldiers (as we've seen) could easily be done with Paladin's body and Super-Skrull heads.

AIM Scientists are already ready to go.

SHIELD Troopers are already ready to go.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

I don't think we're gonna get new parts in a "discounted" troop builder.

So if it requires new parts, those parts are gonna have to be sculpted and placed in a  "new" release before we can likely see them in a "discount pack."

So likely no Hellfire troops (need a headsculpt), no Hand Ninjas (unless they use the old Ronin mold), at least not before they get a regular line release of some type.

Kree soldiers could probably be done on the Genis-Vell mold.

Skrull Soldiers (as we've seen) could easily be done with Paladin's body and Super-Skrull heads.

AIM Scientists are already ready to go.

SHIELD Troopers are already ready to go.

 

This is exactly what I came in to say in regards to this

It's gonna be all re-used easy cash grabbing here with this army building discount figures, AIM soldiers are obviously up next

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2020 at 3:16 PM, RyanDaly said:

And if you have Skrulls, you're going to need Kree soldiers for them to war with. What about Doombots? Or Hellfire Club soldiers? Or Hand ninjas? 

Out of these, Hellfire Club soldiers are an absolute must for me. They would be perfect to pose with Wolverine. I’d buy a lot of those. I’d also be interested in basic Skrull and Kree soldiers too as long as they are based on the comics. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you guys are right. This is going to be a quick and dirty re-release model if it continues. But if it does well, I don't think the Hellfire Club is out of the question. A new head is all it would take, and they certainly seem okay with a limited number of new parts on many of their re-releases.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My top 5 listed in order of my own personal priorities:

SHIELD Trooper

Hand Ninja (its all about the ninjas)

Guardsman

AIM Trooper

Skrull

Sorry, the Kree were inched off the list when I added the Guardsman, but there is a serious lack of Power-Armored guys (who are NOT Tony Stark) in the Marvel Legends Universe

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Benn said:

I think you guys are right. This is going to be a quick and dirty re-release model if it continues. But if it does well, I don't think the Hellfire Club is out of the question. A new head is all it would take, and they certainly seem okay with a limited number of new parts on many of their re-releases.

As I said, I don't think we get new parts in these.  "Only a head" is still added cost for Hasbro.

That said, I think it's entirely possible we get Hellfire troopers in the main line (or a multipack of some kind) and THEN as a discount troop builder later on down the line.

Or they could even randomly include just the head with a mainline release (Kinda like the Lilandra and Ultron heads) and then do the discounted troop builder.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

As I said, I don't think we get new parts in these.  "Only a head" is still added cost for Hasbro.

That said, I think it's entirely possible we get Hellfire troopers in the main line (or a multipack of some kind) and THEN as a discount troop builder later on down the line.

Or they could even randomly include just the head with a mainline release (Kinda like the Lilandra and Ultron heads) and then do the discounted troop builder.

Yeah, none of these Discounted Army Builders will have new parts, that's what allows them to be discounted. 

As for the Hellfire Club, I would like to see an Army Builder set with both male and female soldiers

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2020 at 2:21 PM, MonsterChris said:

Yeah, I think if they see the success that they want/need to with the Hydra Agents, then the AIM soldiers will be next.  That would be thrilling for folks that want more, and I sure hope it happens and is successful enough to make Hasbro want to continue the model.  Unfortunately, I already have five of each and I think I need to stick there.

The one I'd like to see is the Apocalypse Wave Multiple Man!  I'd pick up at least two.

Totally agree with the Multiple Man choice. I would pick up four myself!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2020 at 6:31 AM, enzosaurusrex said:

He'd probably only come with one head then. Question is, which Jamie head out of the three he originally came with?

Maybe they could have a fan poll

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2020 at 12:31 AM, enzosaurusrex said:

He'd probably only come with one head then. Question is, which Jamie head out of the three he originally came with?

 

15 hours ago, leokearon said:

Maybe they could have a fan poll

I doubt Hasbro would do it but it would be cool if they could do all 3 heads and a fan poll. Say if the total number made was 60,000 for instance, 1st place head would have 30,000 made, 2nd would have 20,000 made, and 3rd would have 10,000 made.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE