Avengers Video Game Figures From Hasbro

JayC

I almost forgot to post about these since Hasbro didn't even mention them during their Toy Fair presentation, and they were tucked away in the back with the kids stuff of the showroom. It was really just luck I kinda stumbled upon them. For those interested in 4" scale, it looks like Hasbro is going to release a wave of Avengers video game based figures. Definitely not classic Marvel Universe caliber, but I would say on par with the likes of the new Spin Master DC figures. They will come packaged in Gamerverse window boxes. There is also a Captain America and A Hulk/Abomination 2-pack I must of missed taking pictures of. My initial reaction when I saw them was that I wasn't terribly impressed. Looking at them here, some do look better than I initially thought. Still this seems more geared for the kids than anything.

Marvel01.jpg

Marvel02.jpg

Marvel03.jpg

Marvel04.jpg

Marvel05.jpg

43 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Ooof, these look rough. Dont really know if its a good idea to have so much focus on this avengers game. 

Agree, these are worse than the efforts Marvel Universe had in their final years. The video game designs are weak but they are indeed getting love from Hasbro. 

Hasbro can release all the gamer verse figs they want as long as the game has classic comic and MCU designs as playable skins. 

7 hours ago, ADour said:

Kinda disappointed that Hasbro bothered to use the character's in-game model for the Ms. Marvel figure, capturing the smaller details of her clothes like the segmenting and embroidery, while the Marvel Legends version looks more plain due to being a straight repaint save for the boots.

Same. Can't believe this got a more detailed sculpt than the actual Legends version.

10 hours ago, ADour said:

Kinda disappointed that Hasbro bothered to use the character's in-game model for the Ms. Marvel figure, capturing the smaller details of her clothes like the segmenting and embroidery, while the Marvel Legends version looks more plain due to being a straight repaint save for the boots.

Good point ADour, the smaller details of the Ms Marvel is impressive. This is missing in the 6 inch marvel legends.

55 minutes ago, Bluecomet said:

Good point ADour, the smaller details of the Ms Marvel is impressive. This is missing in the 6 inch marvel legends.

Don't forget molding is the most expensive part of the development process, so it would be cheaper to create a 3.75 inch figure from scratch then create a 6 inch figure from scratch. Hence the desire (and need) for companies to reuse molds

10 hours ago, Reno said:

I'll have to go look at my 3.75" Marvel Universe figures to see if they made Ms Marvel and Taskmaster figures in that scale. If not, I'll probably pick these up.

They did. These are based on the VG where the previous were comic based. Ms Marvel is almost identical, Taskmaster looks a little different.

3 hours ago, leokearon said:

Strange they are making them 3.75 inch, they haven't done that in years. Alos strange they are doing this for this game and not the Spidey game

They did do figures for the Spider-Man game, but the Avengers game is coming out this year. What little 3.75" they are doing anymore seems to be limited to game only these days.

6 hours ago, JayC said:

They did. These are based on the VG where the previous were comic based. Ms Marvel is almost identical, Taskmaster looks a little different.

There’s no Kamala Khan Ms. Marvel in 3.75 that I’m aware of.  They did a couple versions of Carol Danvers, though.  

These do look a step or two better than Spinmasters to me, though.  Very reminiscent of DC Multiverse 4”

Got to say I really wished you’d gotten a few better pics cause this is the type Figures I really love to collect.  I guess it’s cause I’m old school when it comes to 3.75”/4” figures!  That’s the first Ms Marvel in 4” form so she’s a definite get!  The Taskmaster is the second in 4” form the first game as a comic 2 pack with Deadpool years back!  JayC if you can use your influence with the guys at Hasbro to keep bring us the collectors 4” figures that would be great cause we still exist!  Thanks for the Toy Fair 2020 reports and post!

On 2/25/2020 at 6:24 PM, JayC said:

Def seems to be a big push for it by Disney

And by Hasbro.  Makes sense really - If the game (and accompanying toy line) is a big hit Hasbro can crank out characters in their various "skins" for years to come.

And in the absence of an Avengers movie...it's pretty much the next best thing.  Black Widow is too limited in scope for an expansive "push" and Eternals and the Disney+ series are too untested/probably too limited.

• 2 weeks later...