Age of Apocalypse Wave 2?

IsaiahWayne

13 hours ago, Fitz616 said:

I want a deluxe Iceman with alternate AOA and 616 heads with a smooth body mold and accessories including ice spikes that fit onto forearms, back/shoulders, calves so you can make him look like any version of Iceman you want. And, of course, an ice-slide and other accessories.

You went straight past deluxe to super deluxe figure! But I do agree it would be awesome and would definitely add that figure to my collection too!

30 minutes ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

So you think we'll get another Blink or just have an AOA Blink headsculpt packed with Sabertooth?

I think a new Blink head sculpt packed with an AoA Sabertooth would be an awesome idea! I agree with Tarot that a new release is not needed, but I would definitely pick up the previous Blink release and pop that new head sculpt on!

• 1 month later...

I think a second wave, or some kind of secondary release (two packs, multipacks, etc) is almost guaranteed.  As others have said, Magneto, Rogue, Cyclops and Sabretooth are probably definite choices.  Sabretooth *could* be a BAF, I could see them going either way on that.  It's also possible that the AoA Apocalypse shown at Toyfair could be a BAF for that wave, rather than a stand-alone deluxe release.   I'd expect them to want to balance the wave with a villain or two, in which case I think Sinister is a likely candidate.  Any others are probably wild cards, though I imagine they'd want to go for characters that are very visually distinct and/or recognizable to casual buyers. Abyss would be a cool choice, though I don't think he necessarily needs to be a BAF given his standard size/frame.  AoA Colossus would also make a cool BAF.  

I think in terms of which characters have the most visually interesting design (I.e. the most “toyetic” as the old Mego designer would say) or are the more important to the story:

-  Magneto (regular helmeted head, head without helmet, and helmet with black  shadow and only eyes showing)

-  Rogue

-  Iceman (if not a single carded then as a deluxe with swappable legs and ice slide lower, swappable clawed arms)

-  Cyclops

-  Mr. Sinister 

-  Bishop

-  Nightcrawler 

BAF - Sabretooth

6 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Isn't AOA Magneto just 616 Magneto but with longer hair styled in pigtails?

They should just include an AOA head in one of the other figures a la Kitty Pryde coming with the Onslaught head. That should free up one more spot in the wave.

The costume differences are more than just his long hair.

The AOA costume has shoulder armor and bulkier gauntlets and boots.  Also, the cape is red instead of purple.

Magneto is a central character to the Age of Apocalypse story, so whether as a single carded figure or part of a two/multi-pack he needs to be made.  I know Hasbro could save some tooling dollars by reusing the Apocalypse wave cape since that has shoulder armor attached,  but I’m hoping for a new cape with more volume.

666EDD58-8ED6-46EB-8FFF-B62431ED5031.jpeg

97D6AF88-07B1-47D1-9B77-B3F5EC31C5A9.jpeg

Check out the newest Mafex Age of Apocalypse Magneto. Except for the red cape, it’s practically the same design as the 616 Magneto. I bet theirs doesn’t even have the purple shoulder pads that you’re showing.

I wouldn’t say no to a new AOA Magneto but if they only came out with a new AOA Magneto head and saved that spot for another more unique AoA character, I wouldn’t mind. 
But that Magneto came in a 3-pack and that probably prevented most people from picking it up so I can see Hasbro releasing it as a single.