Marvel Legends - What We Know, Think We Know And Kinda Know After Toy Fair

JayC

Another Toy Fair has wrapped and with that we have a ton of new Marvel Legends figures on the way. As with every major show, we like to recap all the things we know are coming as well as a few we think we know are coming.

We will start off with the basic waves of Marvel Legends figures we know are coming out later this year.

00__scaled_600.jpg

First up is the Black Widow wave which has already started seeing a limited release. This one will include figures of Black Widow (Black Costume), Taskmaster, Yelena Belova and Red Guardian from the upcoming MCU movie. It will also contain comic book based figures of Crossbones, Winter Soldier, Spymaster and the Crimson Dynamo Build-A-Figure. If you haven’t already, you can still pre-order it from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

02__scaled_600.jpg

The next wave due out should be the Avengers video game one, which will include game based figures of Captain America, Ms. Marvel and Iron Man as well as the Abomination Build-A-Figure. The remaining figures are all comic book based, and they include Rage, Mach-1, Captain Mar-well and The Leader. You can pre-order these at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com. This wave is slated with an April release.

01__scaled_600.jpg

The X-Men: Age of Apocalypse wave should be up next, and be out by May. This wave will based on the classic Marvel 90’s storyline and include figures of Weapon X, Nate Grey (X-Man), Dark Beast, Morph, Sunfire, Wild Child, Jean Grey and the Sugar Man Build-A-Figure. This wave is also available for pre-order from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

03__scaled_600.jpg

The next basic wave we know for sure is coming this year from Hasbro is the X-Force wave. This one includes figures of Sunspot, Warpath, Deadpool (Blue X-Men Outfit), Black Tom Cassidy and Maverick. The Build-A-Figure for this wave will be Strong Guy. There are likely two more figures slated to be released for this wave. While not officially confirmed by Hasbro yet, it looks like those will be figures of Shiklah and another version of Deadpool. We think this wave will be out in the May time frame.

08__scaled_600.jpg

There is also likely going to be a Venom themed wave out in October, but we don’t yet know what figures will be released in that. It’s possible the Venomized Mile Morales and Gwenom figures Hasbro announced could be part of this wave.

A second Avengers video game wave should be coming. This has not yet been confirmed by Hasbro, and we don’t know for sure the figures slated for it.

We also expect to see at least one Eternals movie based wave released, but again that is not confirmed by Hasbro, nor do we know any of the figures that will be slated for it.

04__scaled_600.jpg

Hasbro has confirmed a new wave of Spider-Man figures that will be released this year, all to be packed on retro style 5” Toy Biz Spider-Man Animated Series like cardbacks. The figures they have confirmed for this wave so far include Peter Parker, Gwen Stacy with alternate Mary Jane head and a newly sculpted Spider-Man figure. Other figures rumored for this wave but not yet confirmed by Hasbro include Daredevil, Electro and Green Goblin.

IMG_2496__scaled_600.jpg

Only one new Deluxe Rider series figure set has been announced so far, and it features a new Punisher figures on an all black motorcycle.

For single packed $30 Deluxe Marvel Legends figure you can expect the following.

Marvel-Legends-Red-Hulk__scaled_600.jpg

Red Hulk comic book based figure which is a Target Store exclusive and is hitting shelves now.

Black-Widow-Deluxe__scaled_600.jpg

Black Widow Movie Natasha Romanov in white outfit. This figure features a flight stand and a number of different accessories. Look for it to be released soon and is available for pre-order at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

IMG_2530__scaled_600.jpg

A comic book based War Machine with alternate unmasked head, flight stand, two shoulder cannons, wrist cannon and a number of blast effects.

IMG_2552__scaled_600.jpg

A new Apocalypse figure from the Age of Apocalypse storyline featuring two headsculpts.

IMG_2446__scaled_600.jpg

Power Of X/House Of X Nimrod which will also come with a classic Nimrod head. Hasbro has said this one is not a Build-A-Figure, but would not confirm how it will be released. It’s BAF scale, so if not a Build-A-Figure, we assume that means it will be a Deluxe. That is at least how we are listing this one for now.

For Fan Channel and store exclusive figures, which has become a major part of the line, this is what we know.

marvel-6-34-legends-stan-lee-figure__scaled_600.jpg

First we have the new Stan Lee figure which has started to see a limited release already. I don’t know if technically this is a Fan Channel Exclusive, but since it’s not associated with a regular wave and it’s not a deluxe figure, that is where we are sticking it.

IMG_2450__scaled_600.jpg

Amazon exclusive Wolverine Movie Hugh Jackman Logan figure is available for pre-order on the Amazon website and slated with a September 1 release date.

Outback-Hulk-01__scaled_600.jpg

Gamestop exclusive Gamerverse Avengers game Outback Hulk which is currently only being offered in a bundle with the PS4 and X-Box versions of the game.

IMG_2468__scaled_600.jpg

HasbroPulse exclusive Hydra Soldier Army builder.

Target-Exclusive-Black-Widow-White-Marvel-Legends-01__scaled_600.jpg

Target exclusive Deadly Origins Black Widow in white outfit. This figure is up for pre-order on Target’s website and listed with a March 29 release date.

MARVEL%20LEGENDS%20SERIES%20GAMERVERSE%206-INCH%20STARBOOST%20ARMOR%20IRON%20MAN%20Figure%20oop__scaled_600.jpg

Target exclusive Gamerverse Avengers Game Starboost Armor Iron Man which is available for pre-order on the Target website and slated with an August 1 release date.

IMG_2455__scaled_600.jpg

Target exclusive X-Men First Appearance Storm with two headsculpts and lightning effect pieces. It’s unclear if this will be released as a single or in some other way. Perhaps as some type of multi-figure release. Storm will feature a new seamless design where the pins on the knees and elbows will be hidden.

Marvel-Legends-Red-Hulk__scaled_600.jpg

Target exclusive Red Hulk was already mentioned above in the Deluxe section and is hitting shelves now.

MARVEL%20LEGENDS%20SERIES%206-INCH%20IRON%20MAN%202020%20Figure%20-%20oop%20(3)__scaled_600.jpg

Walgreens exclusive Iron Man 2020 figure. This figure went up for pre-order on the Walgreens website, but is now listed as unavailable.

Walmart-Exclusive-Comic-Black-Widow-Grey-Suit-01__scaled_600.jpg

Walmart exclusive Grey Suit Black Widow which had been up for pre-order on the Walmart website, but is currently listed as being out of stock.

MARVEL%20LEGENDS%20SERIES%206-INCH%20VENOMIZED%20CAPTAIN%20AMERICA%20Figure%20-%20oop__scaled_600.jpg

Walmart exclusive Venomized Captain America.

06__scaled_600.jpg

Walmart exclusive Deadpool 2 Cable movie figure with teddy bear and arsenal. It will be a single carded Walmart exclusive. Domino will also be single carded, but not exclusive to Walmart.

That then brings us to the next batch of figures. Ones they announced but didn’t really give us specific details on how or where they will be released.

07__scaled_600.jpg

So we know we are getting a Deadpool movie 2-pack with Deadpool and Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

05__scaled_600.jpg

We are also getting an X-Men movie 2-pack with Professor X and Magneto. The young versions of Charles and Magneto will feature alternate head sculpts based on their older counterparts. We assume these two packs will be available everywhere.

MARVEL%20LEGENDS%20SERIES%206-INCH%20WOLVERINE%20Figure%20(jacket)%20-%20oop__scaled_600.jpg

MARVEL%20LEGENDS%20SERIES%206-INCH%20MYSTIQUE%20Figure%20-%20oop__scaled_600.jpg

We are getting a regular movie Hugh Jackman Wolverine with leather coat and movie Mystique that comes with an alternate transforming arm. No idea how these two are getting released. These are being released in a sub-type line deal and there is no BAF.

IMG_2454__scaled_600.jpg

We are getting a modern Legacy Rogue figure which also will feature the new seamless figure design. This could also be part of that unknown X-Men wave.

IMG_2447__scaled_600.jpg

IMG_2448__scaled_600.jpg

We are getting an Old Man Hawkeye figure which will be the one male figure we know of featuring the seamless figure design and an Old Man Logan that will come with a baby Hulk. This will be released as some kind of 2-pack.

Finally Hasbro teased that the Sentinel will be getting the Haslab treatment this year and details on that will be released before San Diego Comic Con in June.

There are additional figures that are rumored to be coming that are likely true, but we will leave off this list until we can get better confirmations on them. Even still you can tell that it’s going to be another big year for Marvel Legends. Is your wallet ready????

000.jpg

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

IMG_2446.JPG

IMG_2447.JPG

IMG_2448.JPG

IMG_2449.JPG

IMG_2450.JPG

IMG_2451.JPG

IMG_2452.JPG

IMG_2453.JPG

IMG_2454.JPG

IMG_2455.JPG

IMG_2456.JPG

IMG_2457.JPG

IMG_2458.JPG

IMG_2459.JPG

IMG_2460.JPG

IMG_2461.JPG

IMG_2462.JPG

IMG_2463.JPG

IMG_2464.JPG

IMG_2465.JPG

IMG_2466.JPG

IMG_2467.JPG

IMG_2468.JPG

IMG_2469.JPG

IMG_2470.JPG

IMG_2471.JPG

IMG_2472.JPG

IMG_2473.JPG

IMG_2474.JPG

IMG_2475.JPG

IMG_2476.JPG

IMG_2477.JPG

IMG_2478.JPG

IMG_2479.JPG

IMG_2480.JPG

IMG_2481.JPG

IMG_2482.JPG

IMG_2483.JPG

IMG_2484.JPG

IMG_2485.JPG

IMG_2486.JPG

IMG_2487.JPG

IMG_2488.JPG

IMG_2489.JPG

IMG_2490.JPG

IMG_2491.JPG

IMG_2492.JPG

IMG_2493.JPG

IMG_2494.JPG

IMG_2495.JPG

IMG_2496.JPG

IMG_2497.JPG

IMG_2498.JPG

IMG_2499.JPG

IMG_2500.JPG

IMG_2501.JPG

IMG_2502.JPG

IMG_2503.JPG

IMG_2504.JPG

IMG_2505.JPG

IMG_2506.JPG

IMG_2507.JPG

IMG_2508.JPG

IMG_2509.JPG

IMG_2510.JPG

IMG_2511.JPG

IMG_2512.JPG

IMG_2513.JPG

IMG_2514.JPG

IMG_2515.JPG

IMG_2516.JPG

IMG_2517.JPG

IMG_2518.JPG

IMG_2519.JPG

IMG_2520.JPG

IMG_2521.JPG

IMG_2522.JPG

IMG_2523.JPG

IMG_2524.JPG

IMG_2525.JPG

IMG_2526.JPG

IMG_2527.JPG

IMG_2528.JPG

IMG_2529.JPG

IMG_2530.JPG

IMG_2532.JPG

IMG_2533.JPG

IMG_2534.JPG

IMG_2535.JPG

IMG_2536.JPG

IMG_2537.JPG

IMG_2538.JPG

IMG_2539.JPG

IMG_2540.JPG

IMG_2541.JPG

IMG_2542.JPG

IMG_2543.JPG

IMG_2544.JPG

IMG_2545.JPG

IMG_2546.JPG

IMG_2547.JPG

IMG_2548.JPG

IMG_2549.JPG

IMG_2550.JPG

IMG_2551.JPG

IMG_2552.JPG

IMG_2553.JPG

IMG_2554.JPG

IMG_2555.JPG

IMG_2556.JPG

IMG_2557.JPG

IMG_2558.JPG

IMG_2559.JPG

IMG_2560.JPG

IMG_2561.JPG

IMG_2562.JPG

IMG_2563.JPG

IMG_2564.JPG

IMG_2565.JPG

IMG_2566.JPG

IMG_2567.JPG

IMG_2568.JPG

IMG_2569.JPG

IMG_2570.JPG

IMG_2571.JPG

IMG_2572.JPG

IMG_2573.JPG

IMG_2574.JPG

IMG_2575.JPG

IMG_2576.JPG

IMG_2577.JPG

IMG_2578.JPG

IMG_2579.JPG

IMG_2580.JPG

IMG_2581.JPG

IMG_2582.JPG

IMG_2583.JPG

IMG_2584.JPG

9 hours ago, IsaiahWayne said:

What kind of multi-pack do you think First Appearance Storm could be in? Could it be a two pack with Kitty Pryde or a big X-men pack. I thought she was just going be single, but after reading this I’m thinking about the awesome possibilities if she’s in a multi-pack.

I mean, I'm reeeeeeeeally hoping we get a proper Giant Sized X-Men set, even if it means I have to buy a couple of slight repaints/reissues.

Red Hulk has shown up in stores??? I still keep checking for pre-orders to go live, lol.

26 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

I mean, I'm reeeeeeeeally hoping we get a proper Giant Sized X-Men set, even if it means I have to buy a couple of slight repaints/reissues.

Red Hulk has shown up in stores??? I still keep checking for pre-orders to go live, lol.

I'm the complete opposite and will be quite irritated if Storm comes in a multipack with reissued versions of  some combo of Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler and/or Cyclops.   I'd shell out for a 2-pack with her and just about anybody, and would be OK with  a 3-pack as long as it came with either Banshee or Thunderbird or at least one new character. 

However, its hard to envision Target would want an exclusive 5-pack or 6-pack or whatever, as i don't think they've ever carried a set with that many figures before, so I'm not going to worry about it at the moment.

There also wasn't really any indication she was going to be part of a multi-pack, unless I missed something. The speculation seems to be stemming from their use of the phrase "in one form or another" (or similar wording), which could just as well mean "she could be a deluxe figure with a flight stand, or she could be a retro-carded figure, or she could be a more standard figure". There's some detail they didn't want us to know, but nothing that explicitly points to that being her inclusion in a multi-pack. Hell, it could be something new for Hasbro, like a line of figures with sections of a diorama, or it could be a stand-alone figure with a BAF part for a BAF whose parts will slowly trickle out over a year of individual figure releases, instead of a wave. I actually think they'd likely have been less coy if it were just a simple multi-pack, telling us as much even if they didn't want to tell us who else was in it.

After being pretty underwhelmed by the sculpts and/or details for most of the Age of Apocalypse figures when they were first revealed, I've gotta say they've all either grown on me or improved since their first reveals. I'm actually really excited for that assortment now. I can't say I'm thrilled about the new painted-on mouth and eyebrow arch for Morph, though. Compare with his original reveal below, which looks much more natural to me.

IMG_1671.JPG

26 minutes ago, JayC said:

My guess is a number of folks will be unhappy if I am right, but honestly I think a lot will depend on pricing.

Personally,  I don't think Nimrod is part of the Sentinel HasLab. After all,  Nimrod is shown to be nearly finished,  a HasLab reveal would be a prototype at best. Also revealing the bonus before the main reveal also isn't how HasLab has worked before

Toy Ark had a post Toy Fair interview with the Marvel Legends crew a couple of interesting points revealed: https://news.toyark.com/2020/03/02/interview-with-the-marvel-legends-team-post-toy-fair-2020-383869

1. Toy Fair revealed roughly 60% of all Marvel legends for this year
  2. Can do pretty much anything from Marvel's catalogue including TV and movie , but does require extra work for character likeness
  3. New no pins tech, has drawbacks including the inability to swap parts therefore limits usage
  4. Sugar Man wave is the only AOA wave for this year
  5. More news of HasLab Sentinel in roughly a month's time
  6. More X-Men movie toys, if fans demand it. had plans for X-men Cyclops

52 minutes ago, leokearon said:
  • Toy Fair revealed roughly 60% of all Marvel legends for this year
  • Can do pretty much anything from Marvel's catalogue including TV and movie , but does require extra work for character likeness
  • New no pins tech, has drawbacks including the inability to swap parts therefore limits usage
  • Sugar Man wave is the only AOA wave for this year
  • More news of HasLab Sentinel in roughly a month's time
  • More X-Men movie toys, if fans demand it. had plans for X-men Cyclops

1. I hope Quicksilver, Endgame Thor and Cap Marvel are in that 60%... 

2. Oh man, I hope we get AoS figures and a new more in costume Iron Fist and Misty. Man, if we got a Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider it'd be sick!

3. But it's all a work in progress, in the end, the more they use this tech the more parts they'll have to swap. 

4. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. Can't wait!

6. I hope we get a Colossus, Juggernaut, Vanessa and Pete... DoFP Iceman would be cool too IMO. Pun intended.

3 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Might not be for everyone but I'm all in for a Famke/Halle/Marsden 3-pack.

I would love that. I feel like they have to do those three to go along with the movie figures they already announced. They don’t absolutely have to be in a three pack but we should definitely get them in some form or another.