New Marvel Legends X-Men: Age Of Apocalypse Sugar Man BAF Wave Promo Pics

JayC

Hasbro has released new promo pics for their upcoming 6" Marvel Legends X-Men: Age Of Apocalypse wave which includes the following figures:

-Dark Beast
-Jean Grey
-Morph
-Nate Grey (XMan)
-Sunspot
-Weapon X
-Wild Child

The Build-A-Figure for this wave will be Sugar Man. Look for these to be released in May 2020 and are available for pre-order from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com. Check out all the images for this wave below in our GALLERY.

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Dark-Beast-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Dark-Beast-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Dark-Beast-03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Dark-Beast-04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Dark-Beast-05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Dark-Beast-06.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Dark-Beast-07.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Dark-Beast-08.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Dark-Beast-09.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Jean-Grey-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Jean-Grey-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Jean-Grey-03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Jean-Grey-04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Jean-Grey-05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Jean-Grey-06.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Jean-Grey-07.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Jean-Grey-08.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Jean-Grey-09.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Morph-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Morph-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Morph-03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Morph-04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Morph-05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Morph-06.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Morph-07.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Morph-08.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Sugar-Man-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Sugar-Man-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Sugar-Man-03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Sugar-Man-04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Sugar-Man-05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Sugar-Man-06.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Sugar-Man-07.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Sunfire-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Sunfire-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Sunfire-03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Sunfire-04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Sunfire-05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Sunfire-06.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Sunfire-07.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Sunfire-08.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Sunfire-09.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Weapon-X-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Weapon-X-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Weapon-X-03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Weapon-X-04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Weapon-X-05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Weapon-X-06.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Weapon-X-07.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Weapon-X-08.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Weapon-X-09.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Wild-Child-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Wild-Child-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Wild-Child-03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Wild-Child-04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Wild-Child-05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Wild-Child-06.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Wild-Child-07.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Wild-Child-08.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-Wild-Child-09.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-X-Man-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-X-Man-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-X-Man-03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-X-Man-04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-X-Man-05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-X-Man-06.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-X-Man-07.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-X-Man-08.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-of-Apocalypse-X-Man-09.jpg

Sharp!

Not surprised, given the base figure, that Beast looks like the standout in the wave for me.  X-Man's eye is cool; very nice effect there.  I love the 90s-ish hair sculpts all around, particularly Weapon X and Jean.  Weapon X's interchangeable stumps are both funny and necessary.  Sunfire's pelvis looks improved from the original promo pics where he looked like he was wearing black trunks.  Wild Child's proportions are nice - very Joe Mad.  And Sugar Man...dang!  What a tough character to try to translate!  Well done, there.

I'm still not psyched on Morph's head.  I guess I like it a little better than the original photos released.  He really should have had at least one alternate.

Solid wave for me! 

Good looking figures, but this wave is just not my cup of tea. from the wave figures, Sunfire is probably my favorite altho Beast and Jean both look great too (kind of weird that Jean has no effect pieces but whatever).  Sugarman looks cool although it seems like he would have a limited number of poses he can achieve.   I'll be curious to see how this wave sells, someone else pointed out that preorders for the loose BAF are selling slower than usual on Dorkside... but that could just mean that people plan to get the whole wave rather than merely going for the BAF, which seems plausible.  Seems like  most people are either all-in or mostly skipping the wave, we'll see. but certainly some pretty high-quality looking figures. I do like the idea of a wave dedicated to a specific storyline, rather than just spreading the figures out over a bunch of waves... just not sure if its the wisest move, sales-wise.

This is an evil and smart wave! Sugar Man, Dark Beast and Nate Grey jumped to the 616 Universe (so peoploe that only follow 616 figures wanna have them), Sunfire had this look when was an Apocalypse Horseman in the 616 Reality as well, Morph was in this costume when he was part of the Exiles, the two main characters of an AoA comic (Jean and Weapon X) and a never made figure like Wildchild, I didn't want to buy an AoA wave but now I totally will ... then u need to buy the Apocalypse then the second wave ... its evil! Bravo for Hasbro marketing team!

I had reservations about most of these figures when they were first revealed, but either they fixed the issues I had or I came around, because everything looks great, and this might be one of my most anticipated waves. I have a few nitpicks (I would have preferred Beast's hair to look more like it did in Factor X, and less like X-Men Prime, and I'm still not sure why Sunfire's wearing briefs), but nothing major. Especially stoked for Beast, Sugarman, and Sunfire. Morph's the figure I'm least excited for, but it's still a great figure.

This entire wave is amazing! Glad I pre-ordered, as I imagine I will never see these at retail. Not a chance we won't be seeing a second wave with at minimum Sabretooth, Cyclops, Kitty Pride, Colossus, and Iceman.  This is really impressive... the Marvel Legends brand just keeps knocking it out of the park. Even when they produce things I am not interested in (Gamerverse figures), I am still impressed by the work and happy collectors are getting things they really want for their collections. Now if they could get to work on a wave of Vintage/Retro that includes Power-man, Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, Hercules, Valkyrie, Ronan, and an X-Men wave that includes Lady Deathstrike, Banshee, Pyro, Toad, Marrow, Blob, and Hellfire Club soldiers, my collection will be nearly complete!!!! 

1 hour ago, RAMCAT said:

What Earth-616 comics have some of the AoA characters in them? I think Blink is the only one I am really aware of.

X-man (Nate Grey) had his own comic in the 616 universe with Blob, Iceman, Holocaust, Sugar Man and Dark Beast jumping into the 616 universe as villains, although Sugar man has disappeared and Holocaust has been replaced by Genocide, his 616 counterpart.

Sabretooth, Wild Child and Morph (different universe though) were part of the team of Exiles with Blink and Weapon X were a new of Exiles called Weapon X with other Wolverine's including Day of Future Past and Albert.

Lastly 616 Sunfire adopted this when he became a horseman of Apocalypse and Wild Child seems to have begun sporting this look in the Hellions book.

Nightcrawler was part of the Uncanny X-force for a while.

With the exception of when the Uncanny X-force went to the AOA universe, Jean Grey is the only one you can't use for a different team

While I think all the figures are pretty well done, I will say that Jean Grey is another case of overly toned down body shame. I don't think Morph is supposed to have larger breasts than Jean in any universe, but that's a trend that's probably gonna extend into the foreseeable future. I do think it's a mistake for them to make an entire wave on a niche, short lived, one-off story that only the older collectors are going to remember. Sugarman is the catch that sold this wave to me, though I think it's going to miss the general public interest. I predict this wave will be the poorest selling X-Wave since the X-Men entered ML. I think the better bet would have been to fold these characters in with a mix of modern to Outback era and pre-90's era characters (where's the aerobics style Rogue they did in the MU line?) And beyond. I understand they wanna check off as many of the AoA characters of possible, but I think it's gonna take more than one wave to do so, which will take some valuable resources space to do a lot of the characters still missing like Feral, Wolfsbane, and all of Excalibur we've been waiting for.

Just bee-you-tee-full. If there's improvements to be made, or any weaknesses with assortment, sculpt or paintwork...meh. Because if five years ago, or ten years ago, or fifteen years ago, someone had said "There will be a full AOA X-Men wave, maybe two if it does well." I would have laughed and sadly remembered the AOA Weapon X & Sabertooth that came with TB ML Giant Man series. I've needed these figures for 35 years, and they will not disappoint.

It is curious though, that after being hyped through the roof, and being (so I'm told) the "best X-Men story ever" Jonathan Hickman's 2019 (but still ongoing) Power of X/House of X arc and subsequent X-Men universe reboot gets zero figures, whilst a 35 year old alt-reality story gets two waves.  Makes you think, doesn't it?

BTW: Wave 2 - Colossus, Shadowcat, Cyclops, Sabertooth, Magneto, Husk, Exodus & Abyss as BAF. A Rogue/Gambit two-pack would be sweet too, 

1 hour ago, LandoTucker said:

Just bee-you-tee-full. If there's improvements to be made, or any weaknesses with assortment, sculpt or paintwork...meh. Because if five years ago, or ten years ago, or fifteen years ago, someone had said "There will be a full AOA X-Men wave, maybe two if it does well." I would have laughed and sadly remembered the AOA Weapon X & Sabertooth that came with TB ML Giant Man series. I've needed these figures for 35 years, and they will not disappoint.

It is curious though, that after being hyped through the roof, and being (so I'm told) the "best X-Men story ever" Jonathan Hickman's 2019 (but still ongoing) Power of X/House of X arc and subsequent X-Men universe reboot gets zero figures, whilst a 35 year old alt-reality story gets two waves.  Makes you think, doesn't it?

BTW: Wave 2 - Colossus, Shadowcat, Cyclops, Sabertooth, Magneto, Husk, Exodus & Abyss as BAF. A Rogue/Gambit two-pack would be sweet too, 

I think there's been some speculation that the upcoming Rogue figure portends a HoX wave, but i'm not sure if the rogue costume is accurate to that storyline or not.

These look great but this will probably be the first X wave I skip. I would love a sugarman and Beast and Jean look great but Im just not that attached to these and cant really fork over the monies to warrant a purchase. Pretty sick tho that we are getting at least one full wave of AOA stuff with chances of more to come. Sugarman was definitely a surprise and he looks really nice and unique. 

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

I think there's been some speculation that the upcoming Rogue figure portends a HoX wave, but i'm not sure if the rogue costume is accurate to that storyline or not.

Nah, Rogue's wearing her old Jim Lee outfit these days. That "modern" Rogue costume is from around a decade ago. 🙂 Basically everyone's costume in Dawn of X is a slightly updated version of one of their old costumes, so I'm not sure how likely they are to be released as toys. There are a few big departures, most notably Apocalypse, Xavier, and Betsy (not currently going by Psylocke). Cyclops has a different enough outfit to justify an updated toy, and I'd personally love a Wolverine. Most others we either already have a figure with their current look (see Rogue) or it's so similar to another of their looks that we're unlikely to get both (see Magneto or Rachel Grey).

As soon as they announced this wave I was in, AOA was so huge for me as a kid, it was one of the first book series I had to buy every issue for each week, I was hooked for some reason so these really resonate with me, I didn't know if I wanted the entire wave but after seeing Sugarman BAF I have to get the entire wave, Sunfire and Dark Beast are no question the stand outs however, if the BAF wasn't something I wanted I would probably just end up getting Sunfire, Dark Beast, Jean and Morph, I'm honestly tired of seeing so many Wolverines no matter how different they could be on my shelf, but sigh guess I gotta get it

12 hours ago, tarot said:

Anything from HOX/POX won't be for a while. These get planned a year in advance and Hasbro had no idea that it would be this successful so they probably haven't anything planned.

Has HoX/Pox been successful, though, Tarot? By the metric of selling mucho books, that is. I'm not saying you're wrong, because I genuinely do not know, and I haven't read them myself yet. So far, I've only seen geek-love & critical plaudits for the books, but that doesn't always translate to numbers (e.g. Grant Morrison's run). 

Either way, I'm not opposed to HoX/PoX figures. Cyclops' new Tron colours would be a super-easy repaint; Scalphunter and Psylocke's new outfits are both snappy and Professor X (in his 'I've got the biggest helmet in the world' suit) - would all be cool Legends, but I can't think of many other X-Men from 2019/2020 that would.