Marvel Announces X Of Swords

JayC

Mutant Massacre. Age of Apocalypse. Messiah Complex. Some of the most iconic X-Men stories ever told have been realized as large-scale crossovers. This longstanding tradition continues this summer with X OF SWORDS.

Just announced to an enthusiastic crowd of X-Men fans at the X-Men Panel at C2E2, X OF SWORDS will be a 15-part crossover tying into your favorite X-Titles and led by Head of X Jonathan Hickman. In this sprawling saga, the new mutant nation of Krakoa faces their biggest challenge yet. Threatened by powerful forces from the unknown, ten mutants will rise up to defend their home. Arming themselves with legendary blades, both new and familiar ones from Marvel history, mutantkind will finally meet its mystical destiny. Impacting the entire X-Men franchise and setting the stage for the future of mutantkind, X OF SWORDS will be a modern X-Men epic that both longtime and new X-Men fans dare not miss.

“One of the cool things we are able to do now, because we’ve established the X-line and really know where we’re going, is that we’re able to try some different things out,” said Hickman. “X of Swords will be an old school crossover that meanders through the entire line. It’s almost like chapters of a story.”

Last year, Jonathan Hickman reshaped the world of the X-Men with the top-selling House of X and Powers of X. Since then, the X-Men titles have become of the talk of the industry, each telling exhilarating stories set in this exciting new era. Don’t miss the next chapter in Hickman’s grand vision for Marvel’s mutants when X OF SWORDS kicks off in July!

X-Of-Swords.jpg

2 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Que the " I want figures with those swords " crowd in 1..2....3..

You know it, well just the 10 who are important to the story and their swords

1 hour ago, Benn said:

This is a little corny, but I'm kind of excited about it. Not so much the swords as the mystical mixed with the X-Men in a prominent way. Man, I hope Eye-Boy isn't one of the actual 10 mutants focused on, though.

I assume it's going to be:
Apocalypse 

Captain Britains (Betsy & Brian)

Psylocke

Magik

Nightcrawler

Cable

Wolverine

Prestige

Professor X

I find it funny how this year in Marvel there are so many characters with swords: X-Men, Conan characters, Hulkling, Quoi, Cotati Swordsman, etc... this is the year of Marvel Anime style

42 minutes ago, nWoWolfpack said:

I assume it's going to be:

You don't think Storm and Cyclops are getting those lightsabers? 🙂 I would've guessed Apocalypse too, but the fact that he's shown with a relatively generic khopesh in that art has me skeptical. Giving him an Egyptian sword is a bit like giving Storm a lightning sword or Cyclops a laser sword (or Eye-Boy a sword with eyes on the hilt). Just feels a lot like an artist going "I don't know, he's not in the story. He's Egyptian, right? I'll just give him a khopesh".

18 minutes ago, Benn said:

You don't think Storm and Cyclops are getting those lightsabers? 🙂 I would've guessed Apocalypse too, but the fact that he's shown with a relatively generic khopesh in that art has me skeptical. Giving him an Egyptian sword is a bit like giving Storm a lightning sword or Cyclops a laser sword (or Eye-Boy a sword with eyes on the hilt). Just feels a lot like an artist going "I don't know, he's not in the story. He's Egyptian, right? I'll just give him a khopesh".

Yeah, but they did give him Khopesh when he defended Earth on Krakoa, but a little on the nose with that one tho

9 hours ago, Benn said:

This is a little corny, but I'm kind of excited about it. Not so much the swords as the mystical mixed with the X-Men in a prominent way. Man, I hope Eye-Boy isn't one of the actual 10 mutants focused on, though.

Hickman's House of X and Powers of X was a game changer..I can't imagine this to be bigger than the event that changed the landscape of X-men. Hope it will go well.

10 assume it will be based on the current X-titles

1) X-men: Professor X (rarely goes battle) or Magneto

2) Marauders: Storm

3) New Mutants: Magik

4) Excalibur: Capt. Britain Betsy 

5) Hellions: Psylocke

6) X-Force:  Marvel Girl

7) Cable: Cable

8 ) X-Factor: Prestige (Rachel Summers) or Daken

9) Wolverine: Wolverine

Plus.....Apocalypse

Guest EUPHORICVIKING

How do we give super people with extremely weaponizable powers more "danger" factor?

…. Lets give them all swards....   

...yea, that always works.....   

Storm(sword fighting out side): "What the hell am I doing?" *Zap* …… Then zaps anyone else anyone on her team is stupidly fighting with a sword...