The Uncanny X-Men Marvel Legends Retro Collection Grey Beast Up For Pre-Order

JayC

2 hours ago, Falls22 said:

Now the million dollar question is, how are we gonna get that new head in blue to match our previous beast?!?

Perhaps another '90s X-Men three pack with a blue Beast and (only) this head (plus glasses and book); Rogue with a green jacket, lighter green on the suit, and redder hair (animated series-esque); and Psylocke with purple hair and non-metallic blue outfit..........................or perhaps not.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
12 hours ago, Hogun said:

I bought 3 of the original version of this Beast figure as an investment. Now I feel like an idiot for doing so. I'm going to give one to one of my managers as a goodbye present. I didn't want to sell Beast to anyone. They had to prove their worth and that manager has proven his worth to me. I'm more than happy to give him one of my extra ones. I might not get this grey Beast figure though. I prefer the blue Beast.

Lol, Marvel legends of today won't be worth much in the long run. Not unless Hasbro stops making marvel figures in the next two years.  As long as Hasbro is making figures they will constantly be releasing better versions of figures. They seem to be really good at making a figure that is better than the last one but not the perfect figure.

Example, The new hulk mold is obviously the best so far, but we all know they could have made those butterflies go forward....  Which we likely will get when they make the next hulk mold in 3-5 years. 

16 hours ago, Satam said:

Perhaps another '90s X-Men three pack with a blue Beast and (only) this head (plus glasses and book); Rogue with a green jacket, lighter green on the suit, and redder hair (animated series-esque); and Psylocke with purple hair and non-metallic blue outfit..........................or perhaps not.

I’d be game to get another Blue Beast with what you said in a 3 pack, but give us some new characters/ Updates of figures we haven’t gotten in a while, maybe like a Toad, Pyro, Avalanche, or green Quicksilver. Just something out there because I want some more of those B-list X-Villains to round out the brotherhood.!

22 hours ago, Psychosomatic said:

Pretty much everyone complained that the blue beast didn’t have an alternate head (myself included)  but obviously Hasbro had a plan...which we should have seen coming (they always get their money’s worth out of a mold). Already preordered mine.

That Grey 'calm" head isn't a match for the JL version as it's based on his 1st app look when he 1st went all "Beastmode" in the late 60s/early 70s. It looks like it would go better on the Jackal buck being as it's smaller than the JL angry beast head sculpt.

As one or two people have said, this body just doesn't work for grey Hank- it's too bulky. It's still a decent-looking figure, and the new head sculpt is very well done, but grey Beast looked more like a regular, extremely muscular guy, as opposed to the bulkier look of Jim Lee era Hank McCoy. I'll still buy it, but it's just good, not great. As others have said, the accessories are great, so those with the new head in blue would make for a great, definitive X-Men animated Beast. It'd be nice if they re-do grey Beast some year in the future, on a different body. 

On 3/2/2020 at 10:02 PM, Satam said:

On 3/3/2020 at 3:38 PM, RAMCAT said:

I'd be interested in maybe a 3 pack with blue Beast, 90s Rogue repaint w/ new head and then someone else.

My first thought exactly except I would think the third character could be the XTAS Morph.