The Search For The Marvel Legends Target Exclusive Red Hulk Continues

JayC

I am glad I am not crazy about getting this figure, however, this doesn’t bode well for the upcoming Target exclusive Storm figure ugh.... I think point of exclusive is something alone what fab channel exclusive are and not most demand figures like Endgame movie Cap, Red Hulk and FA Storm, all of them have high demand it’s just foolish to release them as exclusives, variants of existing figures that aren’t super in demand and can do with lower quantities sure? But not the figures that collectors desire so much. Its harmful to collecting and plain disrespectful if not direct “f*ck you” to people who live outside USA. 

2 hours ago, SpiderS said:

I am glad I am not crazy about getting this figure, however, this doesn’t bode well for the upcoming Target exclusive Storm figure ugh.... I think point of exclusive is something alone what fab channel exclusive are and not most demand figures like Endgame movie Cap, Red Hulk and FA Storm, all of them have high demand it’s just foolish to release them as exclusives, variants of existing figures that aren’t super in demand and can do with lower quantities sure? But not the figures that collectors desire so much. Its harmful to collecting and plain disrespectful if not direct “f*ck you” to people who live outside USA. 

Never thought about Hasbros distribution plan in those terms. I feel for you friend. I know many are saying this Red Hulk won’t be hard to find but as I stated in an earlier post the Hulk in all his colors have been elusive for me. And i have close to a dozen Targets with an hours drive, can’t imagine the luck those outside of the US have...

the recent Yellow coat Spidey/ MJ 2 pack was just as elusive. I did get it but broke down and paid scalper prices. Months later, long after I had forgotten how hard it was to find I walk into target one day and there is 4 sets siting right there. I dunno what the lesson there is... patience I guess.. still kinda burned as this was the rare set I ended up paying over MSR.. 

hoping everyone is right and ol Red Hulk is an easy grab. Though, the early distribution is eerily similar the that Spidey 2 pack

Target really botched this ML roll out.. It's ridiculous. I don't know if it's Target's fault or Harbro.. I bet it will be even worse with the upcoming Storm figure. Target should lose their ability to sell ML after this. Even Walmart isn't this bad with their exclusives. Can someone please start a petition online (change.org) to stop ML exclusives to Target?? I bet Hasbro will take notice of that and respond!

at this point in time, I am just tired of Exclusives period, nobody seems to be able to handle them correctly, no stores that get exclusives do it right, it should be called Elusives , since they really make them annoying to obtain, thankfully EB around my parts seem to really be doing a great job with what they get usually especially with their Wal-greens stuff, but in general.. can we just stop exclusives all together it's a lame practice , just let all stores get em

Not for nothing, but from the way I’ve seen groceries flying off store shelves the past couple of days, I kinda doubt making sure Rulk is in stock is a huge priority for target employees at the moment. Sure, a week ago complaining about it would be fair game but I’m sure it’s on the back burner for many stores right now 

8 hours ago, TerranceNYC said:

Target really botched this ML roll out.. It's ridiculous. I don't know if it's Target's fault or Harbro.. I bet it will be even worse with the upcoming Storm figure. Target should lose their ability to sell ML after this. Even Walmart isn't this bad with their exclusives. Can someone please start a petition online (change.org) to stop ML exclusives to Target?? I bet Hasbro will take notice of that and respond!

Wulmutt  is usually the worst...but seriously what even is the point of an "exclusive" outlet when that outlet fails so damn miserably?? THIS is the question that should be asked at these toyfairs and conventions and what not.

3 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Wulmutt  is usually the worst...but seriously what even is the point of an "exclusive" outlet when that outlet fails so damn miserably?? THIS is the question that should be asked at these toyfairs and conventions and what not.

What's the point of having an exclusive when it isn't an exclusive. Still I can believe people can't get this. The whole idea behind an exclsuive is that the stores ask for them, so they can then have something over their rivals; not stocking your own exclusives defeats the point.

11 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

at this point in time, I am just tired of Exclusives period, nobody seems to be able to handle them correctly, no stores that get exclusives do it right, it should be called Elusives , since they really make them annoying to obtain, thankfully EB around my parts seem to really be doing a great job with what they get usually especially with their Wal-greens stuff, but in general.. can we just stop exclusives all together it's a lame practice , just let all stores get em

I have never liked exclusives; it's only benefits the stores that (if they) stock them

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, JayC said:
If you are still trying to track down that Hasbro Marvel Legends 6" Target Exclusive Red Hulk figure, well as I type this it is available again for purchase on the Target website. Thanks to Belmont13 for the heads up.

DPCI: 087-16-1602
UPC: 5010993685813

Thanks- because of this post, I FINALLY got one!!! Glad I didn't pay a third-party mark-up.

I’ve told this story a few times, I did find Rulk in stores but had to drive 75+ miles out of my normal hunting ground to acquire him. Not what I call an easy pick up.

never saw him in stores again. So yeah, not a fan of Target exclusives.

and since this is how it always goes, had no interest in the Storm TBird set but found multiples every store I go in..

is rather their deluxe be like how hey distributed War Machine, he was an easy grab and honestly made the whole search fun and worth it. 

Yeah recently TRU here in Canada have been getting plentiful re-stocks of Red Hulk, after all the annoyance he caused in the beginning of the year now he's turning up, kinda bugs me since I put in painful hours trying to get a Red Hulk, and my girlfriend got me one for me birthday and I know she payed a scalper price. I am however glad to see people finally getting a chance to grab this figure and it also reinforces my current ideas of... if you wait and be patient you likely will find everything you need eventually (maybe even on sale).

spacer.png

I saw a thread about Rulk being available online on facebook and was able to FINALLLLLLYYY snag me one. He is wonderful. I hope this is something Target starts doing with their exclusives. Not something where they get a super small supply early on and then like 9 months later get a butt ton of them... but just order alot or have it up on your website and have it massively stocked. Why are exclusives so hard to find? they should be in ABUNDANCE at these stores, not 2 per store.. wtf is that?! When he first came out, i went hunting using popfindr, but every place i went, was either nothing or were already taken, it was a chore and a bore.. It made me no longer want to hunt for figures. If I cant find them online at retail, then they arent worth going after. 

30 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

I saw a thread about Rulk being available online on facebook and was able to FINALLLLLLYYY snag me one. He is wonderful. I hope this is something Target starts doing with their exclusives. Not something where they get a super small supply early on and then like 9 months later get a butt ton of them... but just order alot or have it up on your website and have it massively stocked. Why are exclusives so hard to find? they should be in ABUNDANCE at these stores, not 2 per store.. wtf is that?! When he first came out, i went hunting using popfindr, but every place i went, was either nothing or were already taken, it was a chore and a bore.. It made me no longer want to hunt for figures. If I cant find them online at retail, then they arent worth going after. 

I think this was totally orchestrated by Target. Release several exclusives in limited quantities throughout the year and then as Christmas season gets closer they all get re-released in more obtainable quantities. I hate the specter of not knowing whether that exclusive you missed out on will ever get re-released but you gotta admit it was a brilliant play on Target's part to move tons of product now. Business is business, after all.

5 hours ago, monron999 said:

I think this was totally orchestrated by Target. Release several exclusives in limited quantities throughout the year and then as Christmas season gets closer they all get re-released in more obtainable quantities. I hate the specter of not knowing whether that exclusive you missed out on will ever get re-released but you gotta admit it was a brilliant play on Target's part to move tons of product now. Business is business, after all.

Whats funny tho is the scalpers are the ones that made out like bandits. If they wouldve stocked it harder, they wouldve had a S#!t ton more sales. I feel like those that wanted him already have him and the ones that missed out either are over it or are like me and still wanted one. I dont feel like there were that many people left that still needed/wanted him. 

3 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Whats funny tho is the scalpers are the ones that made out like bandits. If they wouldve stocked it harder, they wouldve had a S#!t ton more sales. I feel like those that wanted him already have him and the ones that missed out either are over it or are like me and still wanted one. I dont feel like there were that many people left that still needed/wanted him. 

Tru. I paid a f**ckin' scalper for my Red Hulk. It was better than most though, but yeah, it's a bit harder to swallow now that it's easier to obtain. My bad. My fault for not being more patient, but damn, did we know for sure that it was gonna list again? A sucker is born every day and one of them was me.

6 hours ago, monron999 said:

Tru. I paid a f**ckin' scalper for my Red Hulk. It was better than most though, but yeah, it's a bit harder to swallow now that it's easier to obtain. My bad. My fault for not being more patient, but damn, did we know for sure that it was gonna list again? A sucker is born every day and one of them was me.

Its really not your fault. I feel like this is an incredibly rare instance. How often do big exclusives first come out in super small quantities and then 8+ months later gets a HUGE restocking?! I cant even think of any instance where thats happened before. Getting figures is kind of a rush mode. If you want them, you better get them within the year they come out, otherwise they spike high in prices and youre going to pay scalper prices since they are no longer on the pegs. I get this way with Storm Collectible figures where, if I want it, I better get it early otherwise they sell out and I have to pay a HUGE hike in price (and they are already expensive as it is). So if I want that figure, I dont take a chance on it going out of stock and never coming back. Storm doesnt restock, once they are out, they are out.