Jump to content
Benn

Retro-carded re-painted X-Men speculation

Recommended Posts

So far this year we've seen retro-carded Storm and Beast re-paints, and it got me thinking about what other characters might get the treatment. Storm's just a straight re-paint, but Beast got a few new parts, so there's apparently potential for minor parts changes, even with a swanky new sculpt in the equation. Here are some ideas I had:

  • Archangel/Psylocke: Both would make for easy X-Force re-paints with no new parts necessary.
  • Colossus: We just got that beautiful all-new sculpt that came with Juggernaut. Some different thigh pieces that change the look of the boots and maybe some differently-shaped tiger-stripe-Wolverine-esque shoulder-pad overlays, and it goes from 70s Colossus to 90s Colossus.
  • Cyclops: The recent X-Factor Cyclops could be re-painted and combined with the Jim Lee Cyclops head for a later-era X-Factor re-paint.

Anybody have other thoughts about easy re-paint possibilities?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like a Cyclops repainted to look like the Dark Phoenix 2-pack figure. Or, basically I want that figure without Phoenix and with the new optic blast effects from the X-Factor version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that would be sweet. I'd also like the reverse; repainting the two-pack Cyclops head for use with X-Factor Cyclops to have an option with no energy emanations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The three pack Quicksilver redone in his green attire would be cool, and I've always been a fan of Colossus in his purple and red Acolyte costume...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would to see Phoenix but with the Dark Phoenix 2 Pack good head

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like "Blue and Gold Uniform" repaints for several characters are probably right around the corner.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

The three pack Quicksilver redone in his green attire would be cool, and I've always been a fan of Colossus in his purple and red Acolyte costume...

Would love to see Acolyte Colossus. Always thought that was a great look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

I feel like "Blue and Gold Uniform" repaints for several characters are probably right around the corner.

 

Wouldn't be tough to this lineup. Storm and Banshee's heads would need to be new, but Gambit, Wolverine, Psylocke, and Jubilee would just be repaints of existing bodies. 

0000xle.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Wouldn't be tough to this lineup. Storm and Banshee's heads would need to be new, but Gambit, Wolverine, Psylocke, and Jubilee would just be repaints of existing bodies. 

0000xle.jpg

And you know how Hasbro loves to use that Wolverine mold. IMO Banshee pulls it off the best. I could see Hasbro putting out this Banshee in a a BAF wave and then putting out his classic green and gold in the following X-Men retro wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

I feel like "Blue and Gold Uniform" repaints for several characters are probably right around the corner.

 

As long as they make a XTAS Morph out of it. I'll be happy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love Havok and Multiple Man, both in their classic uniforms.  Havok would need a new head.  In fact, if they really wanted to knock it out of the park, give Havok an interchangeable head and some snap-on containment armor pieces so we can get two looks in one.

mm.thumb.JPG.3ffcd9094771630fb65d18f5a1e8257e.JPG  havok-bigcostume01.thumb.jpg.831904427d82ea88cdee3c90e0c302cd.jpg  havok-bigcostume04.thumb.jpg.9a6ce4efa19ad534a0e3c4ec826190e2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on the classic Havok boat. I saved the head from the Toybiz one in case I ever decide to do a custom.

Stryfe rereleased would be nice. A shinier repaint at least. And give him new hands. And fix his chest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RAMCAT said:

 

Stryfe rereleased would be nice. A shinier repaint at least

Yes this would be nice, since I was foolish enough to pass on him during his release and I regret it so much.

I would think that we'd be getting Classic Uniforms or the Training Uniforms probably sooner than we think

I'd personally like to see re-paint Psylocke, it can be any way I'll be content, and a re-paint of Rogue or Kitty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RAMCAT said:

Stryfe rereleased would be nice. A shinier repaint at least. And give him new hands. And fix his chest.

Wait, what's wrong with his chest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all for a Stryfe rerelease as I sold mine for a pretty penny.

4 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Wouldn't be tough to this lineup. Storm and Banshee's heads would need to be new, but Gambit, Wolverine, Psylocke, and Jubilee would just be repaints of existing bodies. 

0000xle.jpg

They can probably reuse the hair from Grey Widow for Storm.

And I'm partial to this Banshee as opposed to the green one because one of the first X-men figures I got was the Toybiz Banshee with this costume that had a literal whistle on his chest!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

Wait, what's wrong with his chest?

Something was up with his nipples 😄. Well the 2 I had looked just like this one.

X-Men-Legends-Infinite-Series-Stryfe-1.j

 

1 hour ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Not as shiny.

Chrome! 🤩  Nah I dunno; I think the silver was flat. Would be neat to see him on a ML retro card.

711Q4wTahpL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

I'd love Havok and Multiple Man, both in their classic uniforms.  Havok would need a new head.  In fact, if they really wanted to knock it out of the park, give Havok an interchangeable head and some snap-on containment armor pieces so we can get two looks in one.

mm.thumb.JPG.3ffcd9094771630fb65d18f5a1e8257e.JPG  havok-bigcostume01.thumb.jpg.831904427d82ea88cdee3c90e0c302cd.jpg  havok-bigcostume04.thumb.jpg.9a6ce4efa19ad534a0e3c4ec826190e2.jpg

I would love an Atom mask Havok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

That was a fun gimmick on that figure, but I hated how his arms were crafted.

+ the plastic bag wings lol

banshee.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

0000xle.jpg

If we start getting those training uniforms, though, I want that Shi'ar Xavier too! I always liked that look.

6 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

wolverine-1-cover.jpg

 

I never noticed before that it's only the Astonishing costume in this picture until you get to the boots, which are from the original tiger-stripe look. Weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to get the 5 members of First Class with the uniforms on that short run!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d love to see a retro carded Psylocke and Rogue. I’d also like to see a X-Factor Jean in red and yellow costume to go along with the retro Cyclops that we already have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Benn said:

So far this year we've seen retro-carded Storm and Beast re-paints, and it got me thinking about what other characters might get the treatment. Storm's just a straight re-paint, but Beast got a few new parts, so there's apparently potential for minor parts changes, even with a swanky new sculpt in the equation. Here are some ideas I had:

  • Archangel/Psylocke: Both would make for easy X-Force re-paints with no new parts necessary.
  • Colossus: We just got that beautiful all-new sculpt that came with Juggernaut. Some different thigh pieces that change the look of the boots and maybe some differently-shaped tiger-stripe-Wolverine-esque shoulder-pad overlays, and it goes from 70s Colossus to 90s Colossus.
  • Cyclops: The recent X-Factor Cyclops could be re-painted and combined with the Jim Lee Cyclops head for a later-era X-Factor re-paint.

Anybody have other thoughts about easy re-paint possibilities?

I agree with the Colossus topic. And I wouldn't be surprised if the X-Factor Cyclops was rereleased with yellow instead of the white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE