Retro-carded re-painted X-Men speculation

Benn

So far this year we've seen retro-carded Storm and Beast re-paints, and it got me thinking about what other characters might get the treatment. Storm's just a straight re-paint, but Beast got a few new parts, so there's apparently potential for minor parts changes, even with a swanky new sculpt in the equation. Here are some ideas I had:

• Archangel/Psylocke: Both would make for easy X-Force re-paints with no new parts necessary.
  • Colossus: We just got that beautiful all-new sculpt that came with Juggernaut. Some different thigh pieces that change the look of the boots and maybe some differently-shaped tiger-stripe-Wolverine-esque shoulder-pad overlays, and it goes from 70s Colossus to 90s Colossus.
  • Cyclops: The recent X-Factor Cyclops could be re-painted and combined with the Jim Lee Cyclops head for a later-era X-Factor re-paint.

Anybody have other thoughts about easy re-paint possibilities?

8 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Wouldn't be tough to this lineup. Storm and Banshee's heads would need to be new, but Gambit, Wolverine, Psylocke, and Jubilee would just be repaints of existing bodies. 

0000xle.jpg

And you know how Hasbro loves to use that Wolverine mold. IMO Banshee pulls it off the best. I could see Hasbro putting out this Banshee in a a BAF wave and then putting out his classic green and gold in the following X-Men retro wave.

1 hour ago, RAMCAT said:

Stryfe rereleased would be nice. A shinier repaint at least

Yes this would be nice, since I was foolish enough to pass on him during his release and I regret it so much.

I would think that we'd be getting Classic Uniforms or the Training Uniforms probably sooner than we think

I'd personally like to see re-paint Psylocke, it can be any way I'll be content, and a re-paint of Rogue or Kitty

I'm all for a Stryfe rerelease as I sold mine for a pretty penny.

4 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Wouldn't be tough to this lineup. Storm and Banshee's heads would need to be new, but Gambit, Wolverine, Psylocke, and Jubilee would just be repaints of existing bodies. 

0000xle.jpg

They can probably reuse the hair from Grey Widow for Storm.

And I'm partial to this Banshee as opposed to the green one because one of the first X-men figures I got was the Toybiz Banshee with this costume that had a literal whistle on his chest!

2 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

Wait, what's wrong with his chest?

Something was up with his nipples 😄. Well the 2 I had looked just like this one.

X-Men-Legends-Infinite-Series-Stryfe-1.j

1 hour ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Not as shiny.

Chrome! 🤩  Nah I dunno; I think the silver was flat. Would be neat to see him on a ML retro card.

711Q4wTahpL._AC_SX425_.jpg

4 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

I'd love Havok and Multiple Man, both in their classic uniforms.  Havok would need a new head.  In fact, if they really wanted to knock it out of the park, give Havok an interchangeable head and some snap-on containment armor pieces so we can get two looks in one.

mm.thumb.JPG.3ffcd9094771630fb65d18f5a1e8257e.JPG  havok-bigcostume01.thumb.jpg.831904427d82ea88cdee3c90e0c302cd.jpg  havok-bigcostume04.thumb.jpg.9a6ce4efa19ad534a0e3c4ec826190e2.jpg

I would love an Atom mask Havok

6 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

0000xle.jpg

If we start getting those training uniforms, though, I want that Shi'ar Xavier too! I always liked that look.

6 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

wolverine-1-cover.jpg

I never noticed before that it's only the Astonishing costume in this picture until you get to the boots, which are from the original tiger-stripe look. Weird.

23 hours ago, Benn said:

So far this year we've seen retro-carded Storm and Beast re-paints, and it got me thinking about what other characters might get the treatment. Storm's just a straight re-paint, but Beast got a few new parts, so there's apparently potential for minor parts changes, even with a swanky new sculpt in the equation. Here are some ideas I had:

• Archangel/Psylocke: Both would make for easy X-Force re-paints with no new parts necessary.
  • Colossus: We just got that beautiful all-new sculpt that came with Juggernaut. Some different thigh pieces that change the look of the boots and maybe some differently-shaped tiger-stripe-Wolverine-esque shoulder-pad overlays, and it goes from 70s Colossus to 90s Colossus.
  • Cyclops: The recent X-Factor Cyclops could be re-painted and combined with the Jim Lee Cyclops head for a later-era X-Factor re-paint.

Anybody have other thoughts about easy re-paint possibilities?

I agree with the Colossus topic. And I wouldn't be surprised if the X-Factor Cyclops was rereleased with yellow instead of the white.