More Marvel Legends Listings Surface Online For Eternals, Venom And More

JayC

1 hour ago, Dodge76 said:

I am back and forth about the Deadpool wave. Money being the big deal here. Mostly just want to finish off my X-Factor and X-Force teams from the 90s. Eternals is a big pass for me because I no longer do movie figures. Plus I don't know who they are. Venom is a wait and see, I mostly just want Life Foundation members and like Tarot said I doubt we get all 3. So I will just grab the one if we get that. I been seeing leaks on other boards and some look promising and others not so much. I got my eye on the rumored next X-Men wave coming this year. I very much like to cross off Banshee, Longshot, Rachel, Pyro, Avalanche, or Syrin off my want list.

Totally agree about completing teams! Where have you read about another X-Men Wave? I haven't heard about that, but would love any of the characters you mentioned, especially Banshee and Pyro!

I would be very surprised if there are still waves happening this year beyond Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Black Widow, Avengers Gamerverse 1, Age of Apocalypse X-Men, Spider-Man retro, Deadpool, Venom, Eternals, and Avengers Gamerverse 2. The release dates we have for those waves go through the end of the year, and that wave-count matches that of the last two years. There are probably lots of one-offs, multi-packs, and exclusives we don't know about yet, or at least don't have full details on. Someone on the Fwoosh is claiming to have inside knowledge, for instance, about a Storm/Thunderbird two-pack (presumably featuring the Storm we already saw), a Rogue/Pyro two-pack (presumably featuring the Rogue we already saw, although Rogue and Pyro is a weird combo unless maybe they're additional Fox movie figures), and a West Coast Avengers USAgent.

36 minutes ago, Psychosomatic said:

Totally agree about completing teams! Where have you read about another X-Men Wave? I haven't heard about that, but would love any of the characters you mentioned, especially Banshee and Pyro!

I think it was on Fwooish or whatever its called. It take it with a grain of salt but hopeful. Or I may have gotten confused and they were talking about the Deadpool wave being the other X-Wave. I do that quite often with my work schedule always being messed up.

38 minutes ago, Benn said:

I would be very surprised if there are still waves happening this year beyond Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Black Widow, Avengers Gamerverse 1, Age of Apocalypse X-Men, Spider-Man retro, Deadpool, Venom, Eternals, and Avengers Gamerverse 2. The release dates we have for those waves go through the end of the year, and that wave-count matches that of the last two years. There are probably lots of one-offs, multi-packs, and exclusives we don't know about yet, or at least don't have full details on. Someone on the Fwoosh is claiming to have inside knowledge, for instance, about a Storm/Thunderbird two-pack (presumably featuring the Storm we already saw), a Rogue/Pyro two-pack (presumably featuring the Rogue we already saw, although Rogue and Pyro is a weird combo unless maybe they're additional Fox movie figures), and a West Coast Avengers USAgent.

Yeah I saw that as well. I was kinda bummed out hoping we would also get a Banshee to finish off the Giant Size X-Men for this year with that FA Storm. It would be a great move with it being an Annv. year for them this year but with seeing that interview with Dwight claiming he will never do another Banshee where you can't tell if he is joking or not, he may have been serious. Just give us a three pack with her, Thunderbird, and Banshee.

As far as Pyro, sounds promising. I already bought the Toybiz version on Ebay not long ago so that makes sense. I also grabbed Toybiz Avalanche so they definitely will be coming out with him soon. I was trying to make up my mind about grabbing those two and with the Cornovirus hitting here, I thought I better grab them now if I want them. I been having Blob so that completes my Brotherhood team. I welcome upgrades though to make my shelf look more complete without a certain figure looking off with it belonging to another line like the Toybiz stuff which looks out dated.

I hope we are getting Tigra soon. That will satisfy my West Coast itch.

On 3/8/2020 at 4:05 AM, leokearon said:

The only major Eternal Villain that could work as a deluxe with be Kro, since he is a big character

Kro never struck me as big enough (physically) to warrant deluxe treatment.  Tode maybe (possibly even more so if you could repurpose parts of him to make a new Blob), but more likely than either (IMO) would be Karkas.

54 minutes ago, tarot said:

Who said the deluxe set is a BAF size character? I mean Archangel, Black Widow and War machine are deluxe and normal sized characters with tons of accessories. I think people are expecting a BAf size figure because of only a handful of Deluxe set being BAFs.

Fair, but by the same token Kro's not much of an FX-laden, lots of accessories character.  Guess it just depends on who the villain actually is.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
1 hour ago, tarot said:

Who said the deluxe set is a BAF size character? I mean Archangel, Black Widow and War machine are deluxe and normal sized characters with tons of accessories. I think people are expecting a BAf size figure because of only a handful of Deluxe set being BAFs.

Does anyone even know who the villain will be? It may help unravelling the mystery...

15 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Does anyone even know who the villain will be? It may help unravelling the mystery...

Not really.  One synopsis mentions The Deviants (who are their traditional enemy) but to the best of my knowledge no casting or specific roles have been announced for them.

Honestly aside from the casting of the Eternals themselves (and the Black Knight/Dane Whitman) Marvel has been crazy tight-lipped about this one, and there's been a remarkable lack of leaks overall.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
18 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

Not really.  One synopsis mentions The Deviants (who are their traditional enemy) but to the best of my knowledge no casting or specific roles have been announced for them.

Honestly aside from the casting of the Eternals themselves (and the Black Knight/Dane Whitman) Marvel has been crazy tight-lipped about this one, and there's been a remarkable lack of leaks overall.

The movie doesn't even have a trailer yet, right? I'll probably wait for this one to his the home theater. 

In the comics, the evil leader of the Deviants was Kro, but I don't think he lasted as a villain for long, and I don't see him being heavy enough for a main villain. I think the Celestials will play a part of the plot and we may even see a scene where they judge the Earth and hover over it with their godly ginormous size. But even the Celestials are too big, too detached to be the real villain face. I've suspected for a little while that Angelina Jolie's Thena will do a villain turn and betray the rest, possibly siding with the Deviants and Celestials to destroy the Earth, but that's only based on my feeling that Angelina Jolie has a kind of sinister look naturally.

3 hours ago, tarot said:

At least Archangel with his wings justified the Deluxe price point. In my opinion, War Machine and especially Black Widow don't need to be deluxes. So I would prefer to see a large figure then another Siege Shockwave Syndrome figure. The only other villains I can think of are Druig and Sprite, neither really justify a deluxe figure (unless maybe a two pack)

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 12:05 PM, Air-Walker said:

I'm confused; how does a white Doctor Doom count as a Vintage redeco? 

"Vintage" Doom could also be the version where the belt buckle isn't as ornate as the one just released, the tunic isn't as long, and the cloak has a single cord instead of the double chains. The head for that one was included. I agree that the white outfit doesn't really fit the "vintage" label. 

dm2.jpg

We have another Marvel Legends listing from the Canadian distributor Everest Wholesale showing another Fan Channel exclusive. This one is listed as a Spider-Man Build-A-Figure redeco. While the specific character is not mentioned, this might be the Kingpin repaint we reported on a few weeks ago. Of course this has not been confirmed by Hasbro. Thanks to JTPrime for the heads up.

MARVEL - SPIDERMAN - LEGENDS 6INCH FIGURE BAF REDECO
HBGE96365L0
UPC: 5010993731718

They also have listed the Spider-Man Retro wave. No actual names, just code names, but it does confirm the wave will have 6 figures.  We know it will have Peter Parker, Gwen Stacy, New Spider-Man. The remaining three are likely Daredevil, Electro, Green Goblin

4 hours ago, leokearon said:

Well if it isn't Kingpin, I wouldn't mind it being Rhino or Sandman. Though I want all three re-released

I wouldn't mind another Sandman either, but they would have to shorten him up to be more in scale. He shouldn't stand taller than Colossus by any measure. Better yet, just retool the legs entirely. The ones he has now are way too long, the left one is absurdly longer than the right and they are every bit as flimsy and gummy as the Kate Bishop legs. They should do a deluxe set with a buncha arm attachments and maybe even sand base alternate legs like the Spider-Man 2 movie figure. I think even the creative team would agree that Sandy should be well in the running for a current redo.

2 hours ago, Bluecomet said:

i wonder if the global crisis will delay all of this marvel legends releases....corona virus is pushing things back, NBA games just got cancelled indefinitely.

There will probably be some delays and even spottier-than-usual distribution, yes.  Hasbro has already acknowledged in shareholder calls and whatnot that the COVID-19 pandemic could have significant (negative) impacts on their business this year.