More Marvel Legends Listings Surface Online For Eternals, Venom And More

JayC

43 minutes ago, No1WonderFan said:

OK, I can't be the only person noticing how odd that upper torso/chest piece looks on the first appearance Storm, right? She's my all-time most wanted Legends figure...and that just looks awful and disproportionate.

I'm hoping that's not the final piece. It looks more like it belongs on an Aunt May figure. It's way too thin. If it is final, how difficult is it to swap that piece?

img_5542.jpg

MVL_XMEN_LEGENDS_Storm-scaled.jpg

Thank PC Disney for this. Women can no longer look voluptuous & have curves.  Might hurt someone's feelings.

4 minutes ago, Bluecomet said:

I wouldn't trust a site that litterally just put it up when it was leaked. They could take your money and if Hasbro cancels the figures, they mightn't give it back to you. wait for official site to pre-order.

Ok I did a quick Walmart inventory scan.

I believe Cable was the only one confirmed as an exclusive to them in the U.S.?

Anyways these are the only ones of the bunch that is in Walmart’s system.

Cable (exclusive) which is code named “program exclusive”

Mystique which is 20th anniversary  # “2”.

Oldman Logan and Hawkeye set which is 20th anniversary # “8”

6 minutes ago, Jtprime17 said:

Ok I did a quick Walmart inventory scan.

I believe Cable was the only one confirmed as an exclusive to them in the U.S.?

Anyways these are the only ones of the bunch that is in Walmart’s system.

Cable (exclusive) which is code named “program exclusive”

Mystique which is 20th anniversary  # “2”.

Oldman Logan and Hawkeye set which is 20th anniversary # “8”

Cable is exclusive to Walmart yes. But if they are doing the numbering system like the MCU 10th and 80th anniversary, then it should make the entire line a mix.

2 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Well I noticed storms LACK of "ampelness" and will be correcting that as soon as I get the figure home.

Well...and I don't even mean "ampleness" exactly. That's not even "adequate." The whole piece is just small and misshapen. The Rogue doesn't look like that.

It appears to be a new sculpt and they tried to show the fabric stretching there and they just did a really poor job.

How does one change out a piece like that exactly? Does it just pop apart? I've never done more than switch out heads and appendages.

27 minutes ago, No1WonderFan said:

Well...and I don't even mean "ampleness" exactly. That's not even "adequate." The whole piece is just small and misshapen. The Rogue doesn't look like that.

It appears to be a new sculpt and they tried to show the fabric stretching there and they just did a really poor job.

How does one change out a piece like that exactly? Does it just pop apart? I've never done more than switch out heads and appendages.

Well this is a "New" type of figure which is seamless so I don't know if it's a simple boil n pop or there will be new work involved. Either way she needs to be more curvey

2 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Well this is a "New" type of figure which is seamless so I don't know if it's a simple boil n pop or there will be new work involved. Either way she needs to be more curvey

The arms and legs should still "pop" out at the shoulders and upper thighs. The no-show elbow and knee joints are pretty much the same assembly but sonic vibration is used to weld the pins in place and smooth the seams. This also has a tendency to freeze the articulation in place on occasion, and it's impossible to break free. I'm not a fan and this is not something I'm too excited about.

I foresee some issues with this new development, and an issue I've never even heard that many complaints about. Personally, I never found the visible pins so much of an issue as other things. How about getting proportion, paint detail and scale perfected first before you tackle the visible pins problem, Hasbro?

As for the physical proportions of the female figures....yeah. That's a trend that's gonna keep on keeping on. The PC answer to body shame and body envy is to erase the offensive areas from existence altogether. Well then, I am offended by the capitulation to the very small minority of people who take issue with female curves. Who's gonna respond to my concerns?

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

The arms and legs should still "pop" out at the shoulders and upper thighs. The no-show elbow and knee joints are pretty much the same assembly but sonic vibration is used to weld the pins in place and smooth the seams. This also has a tendency to freeze the articulation in place on occasion, and it's impossible to break free. I'm not a fan and this is not something I'm too excited about.

I foresee some issues with this new development, and an issue I've never even heard that many complaints about. Personally, I never found the visible pins so much of an issue as other things. How about getting proportion, paint detail and scale perfected first before you tackle the visible pins problem, Hasbro?

As for the physical proportions of the female figures....yeah. That's a trend that's gonna keep on keeping on. The PC answer to body shame and body envy is to erase the offensive areas from existence altogether. Well then, I am offended by the capitulation to the very small minority of people who take issue with female curves. Who's gonna respond to my concerns?

Based on the website I provided it seems this 'new type' of figure will cost us more...there is a 10usd increase from your normal 2-pack..i remember seing in older forum topics that hasbro plan to increase the price, maybe it will for this 'new type'..i guess we will never know until it is official..all rumor for now

8 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Thank PC Disney for this. Women can no longer look voluptuous & have curves.  Might hurt someone's feelings.

Or, thank progress. 

Women can look like whatever they want but not for your gaze.

Looks like only your feelings are getting hurt. 

4 hours ago, monron999 said:

Here's the response to your 'concerns': the first 'n' in your handle is superfluous.

The GSXM Storm and Thunderbird sounds like a nice two pack; not massively pushed to get it but will see.

As I said before the Rogue/Pyro two pack makes little sense (especially if they are using the Legacy Rogue)

Armoured DD is a must for me, Electro with Interchangeable hands would be nice, I have the Sandman Goblin so I will have to wait and see how different it will be.

12 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Looks fine to me. Perfect, actually & 100% comic accurate. Maybe you're not a student of X-Men comics before 1991, but look at the cover of Giant-Size X-Men #1 (1975). Or Art Adams' magnificent (and still definitive) covers, annual & guest artist work for Classic X-Men & UXM (1985 onwards). Or Paul Smith's work on UXM in the early 1980's. Or John Romita Jr's work on UXM (first run). 

So, I'm seeing Jay C's reveals, and I'm thinking 'Holy sh!t! This is just amazing. Another 30 figures I need! ' It's great! But, Reading the comments...not for all: the big takeaway from at least three regular posters is: inadequate curves on female figures. Ohhh, boy. Here we go again. 

Blathering about 'Disney PC', and 'body shaming' and 'hurting feelings' and clearly feeling they are being discriminated against if they don't get female action figures with 38DDD upper torso sculpts and 16" waists.

And, here was me thinking we didn't do politics + toys anymore here, because it's toxic. And causes people to post insults in response. And rinse and repeat. 

Here's the thing. I remember the Marvel Swimsuit Specials too (1992 & 1995. Even as a kid I thought these were dumb). But these weren't anomalies - in the early 1990's, Jim Lee and Joe Madureira and Rob Liefield and J. Scott Campbell and Todd MacFarlane and Whilce Portacio and 83 million other pencillers - Marvel, DC & Image - really went all out nuts doing ludicrously exaggerated and anatomically impossible versions of women's bodies (oh, yeah, and men's too. Cyclops was never a weight-lifting body guy, he's a skinny, gawky kid with tone and definition. Like how Chris Bachalo does him now). Every one giggles about Liefield lines and superfluous pockets. There was other stuff too which tends towards bad cliche. Like Scott Campbell's infamous rendition of Medusa. Like, ouch, Scoob. 

Still, that way of depicting our favourite heroes didn't offend me then, and doesn't now. I'd expect a 1990's Jean Grey action figure to look like 1990's comic (or, to a lesser extent, cartoon) Jean Grey. And sure enough, she does. [Boy, I still love that UXM 'Love Triangle' 3-pack. Just exceptional. Best Legends 3-pack ever. Ever].

Anyway, by 1999, that way of pencilling pretty much stopped. And it's not coming back. It's ONE VERSION of these characters. What came before, and what came after - about 60 years of comics - is far more valid and representative and will - SHOULD - be used as the basis of a sculpt. Storm looks great. And this is still an advanced protype. 

Please, please, please stop doing that knee-jerk reactionary stuff: personally, I don't want to insult you because of your politics (and Politics - there is a difference, but neither sits comfortably on a collecting website). I'd actually much rather listen to you, as you all have very good/interesting things to say and share without reaching for the 'I hate modern toys. I hate Disney. I hate PC. I hate....I hate...' or 'Hasbro is making me buy toys I don't want to, ' BS. (I'll admit though, that latter sentiment did make me laugh though - I started visualising Hasbro stormtroopers frog-marching fan boys down to Walgreens, and threatening to shoot them if they don't buy Squirrel Girl).

You just don't need to push that button. Doesn't matter how right you are, or how right you think you are, it's better to be nice than to be right. Or, alternatively, just stop collecting/posting if it offends too much. 

And, I hope you'll allow me a digression too after a long ol' post. It's serious. I am 100% psyched for what's coming Legends wise, but as I live in the UK, I'm concerned about whether or not I'll be able to get it in light of the (soon to be declared) SoE here.

I've already tested positive for COVID-19 and have been in self-isolation (this is day 6 for me, maybe only 2 more days, maybe 8). I'm more or less fine (ish: I have chronic asthma), but miserable & anxious. I'm worried about my parents (78 and 76, one with COPD) and my partner is even more terrified for hers (both 74, diabetic, one seriously immuno-compromised following stomach surgery last autumn).

A lot of stuff is going to be shutting down here (football, sports, public events, festivals, cinemas etc. etc. already have, but schools are still open at this point). Infrastructure will be hit soon. And this situation MIGHT add cost, delay and availability issues to every thing, not least these new waves and figures (and my pre-orders! Black Widow wave & Grey Black Widow; Iron Man 2020; AOA wave and a bunch more). No-one knows. But this is real, this is serious and people you know may well die over the next 12 months. 

If you're lucky enough NOT to be affected by this yet, good: I hope you can all avoid it. Be sensible, take care and every possible precaution you can and stay healthy and aware of people who desperately need help. And if you hear anyone saying, yeah, they've got a cough, a fever/higher temperature and/or feel a little bit fluey, but, it ain't too bad, so they're going to keep right on working as normal, please hit them hard and forcibly frogmarch them home, making sure they follow whatever guidance has been issued by public health officials. Because this is why people are dying, and why this virus is escalating at an  unprecedented and unparalleled way and with a statistically improbable mortality rate. It's kill rate is making bubonic plague or SARS seem like a walk in the park. And we have - leaked by Public Health England this morning - a year of this to go. ONE YEAR. 80% of the UK's population impacted. 7.9million hospitalised (source: the guardian.com/world/2020).

Heavy, eh? So, for me, these reveals are a little bit of positivity and goodness in a very bleak time (and believe me, compared to some people, I'm not suffering at all).

Well, that all escalated pretty quickly.

So sorry to hear about your situation LandoTucker. My heart goes out to you. I hope everything turns out well for you and your loved ones.

I may not be saying it correctly. I, for one, just meant that the Storm chest piece doesn't look structurally or anatomically correct when I look at it. I'm truly not commenting on the character's "curves" or "assets." I'm very artistic and it just looks "off" to me. And the Rogue looks fine. No politics here.

17 hours ago, No1WonderFan said:

OK, I can't be the only person noticing how odd that upper torso/chest piece looks on the first appearance Storm, right? She's my all-time most wanted Legends figure...and that just looks awful and disproportionate.

I'm hoping that's not the final piece. It looks more like it belongs on an Aunt May figure. It's way too thin. If it is final, how difficult is it to swap that piece?

img_5542.jpg

MVL_XMEN_LEGENDS_Storm-scaled.jpg

You're not.  It's bothering me, too.  Folks seem determined to misunderstand you and make this a politicized argument about cup size.  Without weighing in on that issue, her chest circumference is almost the same as her waist.  It looks glaringly bad to me.  I also would have made the jewel clasp on her cape and the gold ring on her midriff a little bigger, but those are, admittedly, stylization choices that I disagree with.  The torso is objectively wrong.

I'm on the fence with her.  I've waited for so long to see her in this uniform and parts of it are great, including the legs, head, and face.  I would hope they get her gauntlet color correct before production as well.  As is, she's the biggest ML disappointment for me in a while.  I wonder how much they could, or are willing to, adjust at this point?