More Marvel Legends Listings Surface Online For Eternals, Venom And More

JayC

36 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

You're not.  It's bothering me, too.  Folks seem determined to misunderstand you and make this a politicized argument about cup size.  Without weighing in on that issue, her chest circumference is almost the same as her waist.  It looks glaringly bad to me.  I also would have made the jewel clasp on her cape and the gold ring on her midriff a little bigger, but those are, admittedly, stylization choices that I disagree with.  The torso is objectively wrong.

I'm on the fence with her.  I've waited for so long to see her in this uniform and parts of it are great, including the legs, head, and face.  I would hope they get her gauntlet color correct before production as well.  As is, she's the biggest ML disappointment for me in a while.  I wonder how much they could, or are willing to, adjust at this point?

Hm. I hadn't considered those issues. Hopefully the final product looks good.

1 hour ago, MonsterChris said:

You're not.  It's bothering me, too.  Folks seem determined to misunderstand you and make this a politicized argument about cup size.  Without weighing in on that issue, her chest circumference is almost the same as her waist.  It looks glaringly bad to me.  I also would have made the jewel clasp on her cape and the gold ring on her midriff a little bigger, but those are, admittedly, stylization choices that I disagree with.  The torso is objectively wrong.

Yes, that's it exactly. The chest circumference looks the same as the waist -like she doesn't have a rib cage. It's also odd that they added those "stretch" lines to the sculpt. They just kind of make the top of her costume look "saggy" and ill-fitting. Hoping this changes before production. I'll be disappointed if that's the final design because the rest looks pretty good. 

On 3/10/2020 at 2:23 PM, Atlantis said:

"Vintage" Doom could also be the version where the belt buckle isn't as ornate as the one just released, the tunic isn't as long, and the cloak has a single cord instead of the double chains. The head for that one was included. I agree that the white outfit doesn't really fit the "vintage" label. 

dm2.jpg

Man, I'd trip over myself to pick this one up if he was done well.  They'd have to get the armor right on the arms and legs though.  The latest release looks great.  I bought him and I love him, but it's not the Doom I've been waiting for.

19 hours ago, monron999 said:

As for the physical proportions of the female figures....yeah. That's a trend that's gonna keep on keeping on. The PC answer to body shame and body envy is to erase the offensive areas from existence altogether. Well then, I am offended by the capitulation to the very small minority of people who take issue with female curves. Who's gonna respond to my concerns?

I doubt I can really add much to this discussion that wasn't already articulated incredibly well by LandoTucker, but these sorts of comments are really getting out of control, and read like you don't even understand the viewpoint of the people you're decrying. Nobody in the world is offended by female curviness. That argument couldn't be more disingenuous.

Disney, Marvel, and Hasbro's response to the very real criticism that every woman in the 90s was depicted as extremely (and sometimes impossibly) curvy has been to actually illustrate and sculpt a wide variety of body-shapes. There is no crusade to do away with curves, but there's certainly an effort finally being made to represent less curvy bodies too. Just off the top of my head, Mystique, Lady Deadpool, 90s Storm, 90s Polaris, every version of Jean Grey, etc., are all very curvy, ample-chested figures made in the last year or two.

Have there been weird choices about which figures get which body-types? Sure, a few, maybe, but the vast majority have been spot-on for their usual depiction. Hell, even some of the examples that seem to have the most people up in arms are pretty overblown. Walgreens Emma, for instance, has relatively little hip curvature, but was commonly depicted that way by Bachalo, so there's a totally applicable reference point. People love to cite her as an example of a de-emphasized chest too, but that's largely an optical illusion. With the figure in-hand, she's working with a lot more than is apparent in 2D pictures.

A lot of people seem to think of Storm as extremely curvy too, but her actual depiction in comics hasn't been that consistent. In the 80s, for instance, she frequently appeared much less curvy. True, the figure in question represents her look in the 70s, when she was definitely on the curvier side, but all we've seen are more-or-less head-on shots of the figure, so it may be the same issue as Emma. And if it's not, all evidence would suggest it's simply a(n arguably) bad choice on the part of one sculptor, not a global conspiracy to de-curve all female action figures.

Having this discussion over and over is doing this community no favours.

15 hours ago, lolz said:

Here's the response to your 'concerns': the first 'n' in your handle is superfluous.

This is a super unnecessary low blow, dude. I often don't agree with monron's take on social dynamics, and I think you're spot-on regarding his comments, but it doesn't do any good to make things personal, especially when you're resorting to such low-hanging fruit.

12 minutes ago, Reno said:

I'm bummed that I'll have to buy Storm to get the Thunderbird figure. That bites. I thought he was going to be in the same wave as Sunspot....

Oh for the love of.....................that was not Thunderbird. that was Warpath, Thunderbird's younger, yet bigger brother. Warpath is coming in the Deadpool wave with Sunspot.

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 12:52 PM, Gigantor said:

Thank PC Disney for this. Women can no longer look voluptuous & have curves.  Might hurt someone's feelings.

I've pointed out a number of times that some of these female figures aren't accurately depicted. Its not a cup size fetish, its about Accuracy. If the character is typically portrayed in the comics a certain way, then Hasbro needs to make sure that's the figure we get. The Wolverine figures are smaller because he's shorter in the comics. Mysterio has an ornate and pretty much one-of-a kind pair of gloves. They got these details right so get the rest correct too. Its just that simple.

As far as this "pc Disney" stuff, can any of you source that? Its pretty popular and knee jerk for people to sneer "PC" but I haven't seen anywhere where anyone affiliated with Hasbro has ever said "curvy" figures are somehow not acceptable or might be found offensive. I really would like to know why they used this body buck for Ms. Marvel (see attached), but used  what they did for Black Widow and Mohawk Storm.

MLismsmarvel-3.jpg

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

I've pointed out a number of times that some of these female figures aren't accurately depicted. Its not a cup size fetish, its about Accuracy. If the character is typically portrayed in the comics a certain way, then Hasbro needs to make sure that's the figure we get. The Wolverine figures are smaller because he's shorter in the comics. Mysterio has an ornate and pretty much one-of-a kind pair of gloves. They got these details right so get the rest correct too. Its just that simple.

As far as this "pc Disney" stuff, can any of you source that? Its pretty popular and knee jerk for people to sneer "PC" but I haven't seen anywhere where anyone affiliated with Hasbro has ever said "curvy" figures are somehow not acceptable or might be found offensive. I really would like to know why they used this body buck for Ms. Marvel (see attached), but used  what they did for Black Widow and Mohawk Storm.

MLismsmarvel-3.jpg

Did Disney own Hasbro prior to this Ms Marvel/Warbird getting made?  As for the PC question, if you read current Marvel comics & look at the art of the female characters, you'll find that none are drawn as endowed or as curvy as they used to be & I'm sure if they owned DC's Power Girl. you'd see a marked difference in her as well.

7 hours ago, tarot said:

GUYS STICK TO the Topic. Stop Making every thread into your stupid politic arguments about stuff that has no place in a Toy forum. Keep that stuff for social media.

I agree, which is why I said make the figure (toy) accurate. Its worth noting that an interview out of toyark stated Hasbro knew there were some inaccuracies with the Storm figure (notably the black cuffs that should be yellow) that will be addressed. So hopefully the other problems will be taken care of too ("rushed prototypes to get ready for Toy Fair. Rogue’s hair, Storm's gauntlets. Will be addressing before retail release" ttps://news.toyark.com/2020/03/02/interview-with-the-marvel-legends-team-post-toy-fair-2020-383869)

Notice no one on these forums have yet given us an actual SOURCE as to whether either Hasbro or Disney actually ever said they didn't want to portray the toys correctly (due to some perceived offense). Tarot is on point about keeping on subject, but I also think we need to be correct as possible and not spreading rumors. It could be 100% true that the company is afraid to show "curves", but there should be some factual statement from them to say that.

I'm kind of bummed that Storm is just part of a two-pack, since I was hoping there'd be a bigger "Giant Sized X-Men" set with a new (much-needed) Banshee. Still, if they were going to put her in a 2-pack with somebody, Thunderbird is definitely the best choice, as he is MUCH needed. 

With all due respect, it isn't "off-topic" to criticize body part choices. Would it be off-topic to criticize the two weirdly-skinny, giraffe-necked comic Ant-Man figures we got as Walgreen's exclusive and "Retro" figures? This Storm just looks odd- the torso looks like it is from a completely different figure than the head and limbs. This torso looks like it belongs to a small, possibly young (teenager?) person. Heck, the top half of this torso doesn't even look much like it goes with the bottom half. As at least one person pointed out, it almost looks like she doesn't have a ribcage. Nothing to do with chest, etc.- it's just weird-looking. She needs a ribcage, and shoulders. It's just a weird upper torso that should never have been approved. 

2 hours ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

I'm kind of bummed that Storm is just part of a two-pack, since I was hoping there'd be a bigger "Giant Sized X-Men" set with a new (much-needed) Banshee. Still, if they were going to put her in a 2-pack with somebody, Thunderbird is definitely the best choice, as he is MUCH needed. 

With all due respect, it isn't "off-topic" to criticize body part choices. Would it be off-topic to criticize the two weirdly-skinny, giraffe-necked comic Ant-Man figures we got as Walgreen's exclusive and "Retro" figures? 

LOL. Certainly wouldn't be for me, or anyone else I'd think. Giraffe neck hasn't just hit poor old Ant-Man (twice) but also Hyperion, Gladiator, and there's others too I'm forgetting, but if you want a superb example, shove Hope Summers' head on All New X-Men boxset Jean Grey torso. Beat that giraffe neck if ya can! 

With a GSXM box set, I'm torn. We've got nearly all the characters close to, or actually, perfect now - Colossus [80th Vs Juggernaut] Cyclops [vs Dark Phoenix 2-pack], Wolverine [Apocalypse BAF wave] Sunfire [Warlock BAF wave], Nightcrawler [X-Force/Wendigo BAF wave - swap head 2 is his GSXM appearance]) and Thunderbird & GSXM Storm are on their way. That leaves just Banshee, and, at a push, Marvel Girl (done terribly as two pack with Cable, but done just the same). Probably just another nice 2-pack - Banshee/Marvel Girl would circle that square nicely (and more cheaply!)  

BTW, if no-one's mentioned it, John Proud star is Thunderbird I. Warpath (James Proud star) was codenamed Thunderbird in both Uncanny X-Men & New Mutants (and in his Classic X-Men origin story) during his Hellions tenure and the 1980's Official Guidebook to the Marvel Universe refers to him as Thunderbird (II). He becomes Warpath many (actual, not comic) years later, and has worn T-Bird I's red & blue colours/uniform many times. Thunderbird III... well, best not mentioned (Neal Sharra, horrible costume, goatee, projects fire, fancied Psylocke....literally all you need to know about this one). 

3 hours ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Personally I'm glad Banshee isn't in the set. I'm not pushed for FA Storm, so I'll be happy to have Banshee as a separate figure.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
19 hours ago, tarot said:

Can't believe i have to say this again.

STICK TO THE TOPIC PEOPLE!!

What is the topic? all the conversations generate from the topic. We don't have to read what anyone says. lots of times I don't. 

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
17 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Did Disney own Hasbro prior to this Ms Marvel/Warbird getting made?  As for the PC question, if you read current Marvel comics & look at the art of the female characters, you'll find that none are drawn as endowed or as curvy as they used to be & I'm sure if they owned DC's Power Girl. you'd see a marked difference in her as well.

DISNEY DOES NOT OWN HASBRO. IT OWNS MARVEL. Ms. Marvel (moonstone Mold) was made prior to merger/sale. 

9 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

DISNEY DOES NOT OWN HASBRO. IT OWNS MARVEL. Ms. Marvel (moonstone Mold) was made prior to merger/sale. 

what? no it wasn't. it was made when Disney owned Marvel.

Marvel was bought by Disney in 2009 and the Thunderbolts Moonstone was released in 2013.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
1 hour ago, tarot said:

what? no it wasn't. it was made when Disney owned Marvel.

Marvel was bought by Disney in 2009 and the Thunderbolts Moonstone was released in 2013.

Ah yea, that right. still doesn't make sense, since we have this. 

Marvel-Legends-Angela-Figure-2017-GOTG-640x640.png

10 hours ago, LandoTucker said:

With a GSXM box set, I'm torn. We've got nearly all the characters close to, or actually, perfect now - Colossus [80th Vs Juggernaut] Cyclops [vs Dark Phoenix 2-pack], Wolverine [Apocalypse BAF wave] Sunfire [Warlock BAF wave], Nightcrawler [X-Force/Wendigo BAF wave - swap head 2 is his GSXM appearance]) and Thunderbird & GSXM Storm are on their way. That leaves just Banshee, and, at a push, Marvel Girl (done terribly as two pack with Cable, but done just the same). Probably just another nice 2-pack - Banshee/Marvel Girl would circle that square nicely (and more cheaply!)  

Personally for my GSXM Wolverine, I used first appearance Wolverine (Hulk 2 pack) body with the head from the bone claw Wolverine (Love Triangle).