More Marvel Legends Listings Surface Online For Eternals, Venom And More

JayC

21 hours ago, LandoTucker said:

With a GSXM box set, I'm torn. We've got nearly all the characters close to, or actually, perfect now - Colossus [80th Vs Juggernaut] Cyclops [vs Dark Phoenix 2-pack], Wolverine [Apocalypse BAF wave] Sunfire [Warlock BAF wave], Nightcrawler [X-Force/Wendigo BAF wave - swap head 2 is his GSXM appearance]) and Thunderbird & GSXM Storm are on their way. That leaves just Banshee, and, at a push, Marvel Girl (done terribly as two pack with Cable, but done just the same). Probably just another nice 2-pack - Banshee/Marvel Girl would circle that square nicely (and more cheaply!)  

Yeah, you're right, a Banshee (green costume) and Marvel Girl 2-pack would be a good call, and then a single release of Banshee in his yellow and blue uniform. Better to spend less money, I just want a new Banshee.

On 3/16/2020 at 4:42 PM, Benn said:

I doubt I can really add much to this discussion that wasn't already articulated incredibly well by LandoTucker, but these sorts of comments are really getting out of control, and read like you don't even understand the viewpoint of the people you're decrying. Nobody in the world is offended by female curviness. That argument couldn't be more disingenuous.

Disney, Marvel, and Hasbro's response to the very real criticism that every woman in the 90s was depicted as extremely (and sometimes impossibly) curvy has been to actually illustrate and sculpt a wide variety of body-shapes. There is no crusade to do away with curves, but there's certainly an effort finally being made to represent less curvy bodies too. Just off the top of my head, Mystique, Lady Deadpool, 90s Storm, 90s Polaris, every version of Jean Grey, etc., are all very curvy, ample-chested figures made in the last year or two.

Have there been weird choices about which figures get which body-types? Sure, a few, maybe, but the vast majority have been spot-on for their usual depiction. Hell, even some of the examples that seem to have the most people up in arms are pretty overblown. Walgreens Emma, for instance, has relatively little hip curvature, but was commonly depicted that way by Bachalo, so there's a totally applicable reference point. People love to cite her as an example of a de-emphasized chest too, but that's largely an optical illusion. With the figure in-hand, she's working with a lot more than is apparent in 2D pictures.

A lot of people seem to think of Storm as extremely curvy too, but her actual depiction in comics hasn't been that consistent. In the 80s, for instance, she frequently appeared much less curvy. True, the figure in question represents her look in the 70s, when she was definitely on the curvier side, but all we've seen are more-or-less head-on shots of the figure, so it may be the same issue as Emma. And if it's not, all evidence would suggest it's simply a(n arguably) bad choice on the part of one sculptor, not a global conspiracy to de-curve all female action figures.

Having this discussion over and over is doing this community no favours.

This is a super unnecessary low blow, dude. I often don't agree with monron's take on social dynamics, and I think you're spot-on regarding his comments, but it doesn't do any good to make things personal, especially when you're resorting to such low-hanging fruit.

Dude, you're acting like I'm demanding every female have a massive rack. That's the nature of today's society. Everyone just sees a single part of a person's comments they don't agree with and jumps to a conclusion that it encompasses the embodiment of the comments in its totality. All I'm saying this figure is not accurate to Storms FA. In her FA she has that curvier form given to her by Dave Cochrum's art style. I feel that in the attempts to "tone down" the figure that it looks strange and is clearly forced. That's all.

To put things into perspective, the newer Storm in the Retro Wave is based on art where she is much less bustier than she was portrayed in earlier years, and the figure reflected that very well. I'm happy with that figure. Just to let everyone know I was also very critical of how "curvy" they made the Juggernaut Wave Rogue, and I took a fair amount of guff for that on this very forum.

All I'm saying just want, when they do characters that pertain to a certain era, or storyline, or time frame, to actually look like the character as it was portrayed. If she'd been a flat chested Pygmy in a clown outfit I woulda demanded she properly looked the part. I just think the capitulation to try to "not offend" is ruining everything we know and remember from the comics and for a character we've all been waiting for like FA Storm it's a damn shame.

As for the assist, it's much appreciated but unnecessary. It's not a shot that I haven't taken a million times in the past by the Ohhh-So-Tolerant saints that don't agree with my point of view.

On 3/15/2020 at 11:54 PM, lolz said:

Or, thank progress. 

Women can look like whatever they want but not for your gaze.

Looks like only your feelings are getting hurt. 

Oh look, another Troll joins us for no other reason than to exact SJW justice on us all, one smug, self pious, low-brow insult at a time. Welcome my friend, you just brought the cumulative IQ of this site down another 10 percent.

3 hours ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Yeah, you're right, a Banshee (green costume) and Marvel Girl 2-pack would be a good call, and then a single release of Banshee in his yellow and blue uniform. Better to spend less money, I just want a new Banshee.

Again, unless Banshee is with Siryn, I would prefer a solo Banshee to him being in a multi-pack

I doubt Storm will be able to be posed as she appears on GS X-MEN due to her hair but I'm sure as Heck glad to be getting both her and possibly THUNDERBIRD. I'm hoping to get a new Banshee, Marvel Girl, Angel, Polaris and Havok as well.(Avengers style Beast as well) The vintage Iceman without his belt works great for my display.

On 3/19/2020 at 1:17 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I doubt Storm will be able to be posed as she appears on GS X-MEN due to her hair but I'm sure as Heck glad to be getting both her and possibly THUNDERBIRD. I'm hoping to get a new Banshee, Marvel Girl, Angel, Polaris and Havok as well.(Avengers style Beast as well) The vintage Iceman without his belt works great for my display.

We really need the  Marvel Girl (Powers of X/House of X) version.