Marvel Legends 6" Age Of Apocalypse Sunfire Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

erivera94 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" Age Of Apocalypse Sunfire figure from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel-Legends-AoA-Sunfire-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-AoA-Sunfire-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-AoA-Sunfire-03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-AoA-Sunfire-04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-AoA-Sunfire-05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-AoA-Sunfire-06.jpg

Marvel-Legends-AoA-Sunfire-07.jpg

Marvel-Legends-AoA-Sunfire-08.jpg

Marvel-Legends-AoA-Sunfire-09.jpg

Marvel-Legends-AoA-Sunfire-10.jpg

Marvel-Legends-AoA-Sunfire-11.jpg

Marvel-Legends-AoA-Sunfire-12.jpg

Marvel-Legends-AoA-Sunfire-13.jpg

Marvel-Legends-AoA-Sunfire-14.jpg

Marvel-Legends-AoA-Sunfire-15.jpg

Marvel-Legends-AoA-Sunfire-16.jpg

I love Sunfire. He's one of those obscure types you don't see much and certainly never expect to get an action figure. So I was knocked off my feet when we got the original AOA version way back in 2016 (?). I would've been even happier to get his original red costume look, but this was very nice and being a sucker for translucent figures I had to have it. Its one of the few that actually hold up pretty well compared to whats out now. Definitely looking forward to the upgraded version this year, improved articulation and all!

mlh4_aoas1.jpg

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

I love Sunfire. He's one of those obscure types you don't see much and certainly never expect to get an action figure. So I was knocked off my feet when we got the original AOA version way back in 2016 (?). I would've been even happier to get his original red costume look, but this was very nice and being a sucker for translucent figures I had to have it. Its one of the few that actually hold up pretty well compared to whats out now. Definitely looking forward to the upgraded version this year, improved articulation and all!

mlh4_aoas1.jpg

The original AOA Sunfire was from 2007.

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

mlh4_aoas1.jpg

Yeah, I honestly would love to get Sunfire in his short-lived 90's costume.  The one that got a figure in the Pre-Legends Toy Biz line.  His "cyber-suit" looking thing.  I really dug that design, even for all it's 90's-ness.

26 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

Yeah, I honestly would love to get Sunfire in his short-lived 90's costume.  The one that got a figure in the Pre-Legends Toy Biz line.  His "cyber-suit" looking thing.  I really dug that design, even for all it's 90's-ness.

Same. I'm always a little embarassed to admit it, but I really like that look.

1 hour ago, SpiderS said:

AoA Sunfire is probably the best redesign from that series that looks actually cooler than original look, Hasbro did pretty good job with previous figure which makes this figure not as impressive, however I am sure that as a figure new version is overall superior. 

I agree Sunfire from AoA was a great redesign. JoeMad! really knocked that out of the ballpark. Same cannot be said for Morph though, such a lame, lazy redesign 😞

4 hours ago, SpiderS said:

AoA Sunfire is probably the best redesign from that series that looks actually cooler than original look, Hasbro did pretty good job with previous figure which makes this figure not as impressive, however I am sure that as a figure new version is overall superior. 

totally agree on this one..when I saw him in the cover of X-men alpha, I said guy looks amazingly interesting...one can argue weapon x logan in the middle eats the spotlight 

9 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

I agree Sunfire from AoA was a great redesign. JoeMad! really knocked that out of the ballpark. Same cannot be said for Morph though, such a lame, lazy redesign 😞

Sunfire definitely has one of the radical changes done in the AOA. Not sure how Morph is a lazy redesign as he looks nothing like his 616 version

11 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Seeing Morphs character you can tell that it was greatly inspired by the Jim Carrey movie The Mask, which had come out a year before AoA and probably right when the creative process started.

14 hours ago, leokearon said:

Sunfire definitely has one of the radical changes done in the AOA. Not sure how Morph is a lazy redesign as he looks nothing like his 616 version

Maybe not lazy but IMO lame.

Speaking of Sunfire, I used to hate Shiro's original 616 costume, but I've really come to appreciate it from the Marvel Legends figure that we got from the Warlock wave. I think it's a very underrated figure.

36 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Maybe not lazy but IMO lame.

Speaking of Sunfire, I used to hate Shiro's original 616 costume, but I've really come to appreciate it from the Marvel Legends figure that we got from the Warlock wave. I think it's a very underrated figure.

Yeah, given his 616 version was so distinctive, making him wacky cartoon Chameleon wasn't the best of ideas.

I always liked Shiro's first costume, never been keen of any of his later ones.