Disney Delays New Mutants Release With Black Widow Likely To Follow Over Coronavirus Fears

JayC

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, SpiderS said:

It could potentially make a lot of money as one of the first movies in theaters or not maybe no one will even attempt to go to movies, but after such tremendously long quarantine people will be starving for movie experience. 

Very good point! Let's hope it does well.

10 hours ago, JayC said:

My guess it will get a home release almost immediately after the theater release.

I doubt it. Many home releases like Frozen 2 were pushed up due to the virus and them being big movies. Cinemas are hoping that by July/Agust thinks will be better that people will return to the cinemas and the usual timeframe between cineman and home releases will return to normal.

Updating the Marvel Movies release date tracker

28-Aug-2020 New Mutants

6-Nov-2020 Black widow

2-Feb-2021 Eternals

19-Mar-2021 Morbius

7-May-2021 Shang chi 

25-Jun-2021 Venom 2

5-Nov-2021 Spider-man 3 (tom holland)

11-Feb-2022 Thor Love and Thunder

25-Mar-2022 Dr Strange Multiverse of Madness

6-May-2022 - Black Panther 2

8-July-2022 - Capt Marvel 2

7-Oct-2022 Spiderverse sequel

2 hours ago, Bluecomet said:

Good news here..glad they won't go straight to Disney +

Eh, i'd be just as happy with watching it on Disney plus.  Waiting a few months so Disney can use it as some sort of trial balloon to see if folks are ready to go back to theaters seems like a waste to me, before then people will be desperate for new streaming content, which disney plus could certainly use.

30 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

The old Fox had an understanding with HBO that their movies will debut with them and not DisneyPlus. That's why Dark Phoenix isn't on Disney's streaming service. No great loss for Disney. That film was a dumpster fire.

Maybe, but now that Disney are releasing New Mutants and own the rights, they have pretty much ever right to release it on Disney+ after all Disney wouldn't have the same deal with HBO

4 hours ago, leokearon said:

Maybe, but now that Disney are releasing New Mutants and own the rights, they have pretty much ever right to release it on Disney+ after all Disney wouldn't have the same deal with HBO

Maybe, I haven't seen it yet, but I'll wager it'll look like Casablanca compared to New Mutants, otherwise known as The X-Men Meet House on Haunted Hill. 

These new leaked Images from the movie look awesome, I'm even more excited about this, but I'm super skeptical about this August 28th release date, even if we are back in the world with some normalcy and theaters are open I feel people are going to be really apprehensive about packing themselves into a small sticky close seated box to watch a film, this really should have just been released already as a straight to digital/dvd , it would and is going to probably make as much or more if they did that and just has forgone the theatres, I feel like not enough people even care about this movie, it was never going to be a "mainstream" hit, but maybe I'm wrong... and man people I know seem have no faith in Fox anymore after what we were subjected to last year (Dark Phoenix)

I for one and very stoked about this movie, and always have been, but even if august 28th comes around and all is kinda okay, I can't see myself going to a theater

14 hours ago, leokearon said:

Not really. Fox was bought out by Disney in March 2019, Dark Phoenix came out in theatres in June that same year. Yet it debuted on streaming on HBO--not DisneyPlus--just this past March. You really think Disney was just in a very charitable mood?

2 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Not really. Fox was bought out by Disney in March 2019, Dark Phoenix came out in theatres in June that same year. Yet it debuted on streaming on HBO--not DisneyPlus--just this past March. You really think Disney was just in a very charitable mood?

That was probably because that's how the Fox streaming rights for theatrical releases were setup and Disney+ hadn't launched yet.