Jump to content
JayC

A New Team Of Heroes Comes Together In The New Warriors #1

Recommended Posts

'Safespace and Snowflake'?...they are both ridiculous AND hatefully provocative, especially coming as they do from a very liberally biased writer affiliated with the Colbert Show. This nonsense will be the death of Marvel...I am considering a full ban on all Marvel related purchases AFTER I get my Fox X-Men Marvel Legends.

Boy have these a--hats truly misjudged their customer base or what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2020 at 1:50 AM, SpiderS said:

New Warriors always had small loyal fan base, sadly it was never enough to keep series going, I dunno if people will be more interested in them with all new characters added, when people have no idea about.

The original run of New Warriors (at least during Bagley's tenure) was one of my favorite books, which is why it sucks a little more every time Marvel pulls the title out of mothballs to try out some lame new idea.

To answer your question, every other time the House of (Mouse) Ideas tried to launch a New Warriors revival with "all new characters" added it tanked. I don't see this time being any different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2020 at 12:01 AM, Lordtom said:

Jesu CHRIST!! those 5 new characters are the epitome of everything I hate about DISNEY'S Marvel comics. F*** I miss Joe Quesada

I also miss Joe Quesada. He wouldn't allow this. He would instead allow a story in which Peter Parker learns Gwen Stacy cheated on him with Norman Osborn and had twins, or a mini-series that implies Peter Parker is his uncle Ben's actual son since his mother cheated on his father with him,  or a story full of gore and shock-value to wipe clean the Ultimate Universe which included having the Blob cannibalize the Wasp and say she tastes like chicken, or a story in which Iron Man builds a gulag for superheroes. Good ol' Joe Q would also allow and write a story in which Spider-Man sells his marriage to a devil.

Where did he go? Everything was daisies and roses with him. Woe is us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

23 minutes ago, ADour said:

I also miss Joe Quesada. He wouldn't allow this. He would instead allow a story in which Peter Parker learns Gwen Stacy cheated on him with Norman Osborn and had twins, or a mini-series that implies Peter Parker is his uncle Ben's actual son since his mother cheated on his father with him,  or a story full of gore and shock-value to wipe clean the Ultimate Universe which included having the Blob cannibalize the Wasp and say she tastes like chicken, or a story in which Iron Man builds a gulag for superheroes. Good ol' Joe Q would also allow and write a story in which Spider-Man sells his marriage to a devil.

Where did he go? Everything was daisies and roses with him. Woe is us.

At least it's not Jim Shooter where he had a weird fetish with bringing down every female character that wasn't Dazzler: Hank abusing Janet or the abduction, r***, and impregnation of Ms Marvel and all the Avengers being like it's normal and her being with Marcus in the end. God i hope both of those stories are retconned out of continuity. Or the proposed Big Bang 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ADour said:

I also miss Joe Quesada. He wouldn't allow this. He would instead allow a story in which Peter Parker learns Gwen Stacy cheated on him with Norman Osborn and had twins, or a mini-series that implies Peter Parker is his uncle Ben's actual son since his mother cheated on his father with him,  or a story full of gore and shock-value to wipe clean the Ultimate Universe which included having the Blob cannibalize the Wasp and say she tastes like chicken, or a story in which Iron Man builds a gulag for superheroes. Good ol' Joe Q would also allow and write a story in which Spider-Man sells his marriage to a devil.

Where did he go? Everything was daisies and roses with him. Woe is us.

Sadly and very painfully accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mako said:

The original run of New Warriors (at least during Bagley's tenure) was one of my favorite books, which is why it sucks a little more every time Marvel pulls the title out of mothballs to try out some lame new idea.

To answer your question, every other time the House of (Mouse) Ideas tried to launch a New Warriors revival with "all new characters" added it tanked. I don't see this time being any different.

Definitely. The original New Warriors was one of my favorite books ever. When I saw the headline and then saw Firestar and Namorita I got SOOO excited. Then I saw the rest of the release. Why can't we just have the original team -even if it's just called "Warriors."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, No1WonderFan said:

Definitely. The original New Warriors was one of my favorite books ever. When I saw the headline and then saw Firestar and Namorita I got SOOO excited. Then I saw the rest of the release. Why can't we just have the original team -even if it's just called "Warriors."

Don't even mention Namorita. I break out in cold sweats when I think what they're gonna do to her now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, No1WonderFan said:

Definitely. The original New Warriors was one of my favorite books ever. When I saw the headline and then saw Firestar and Namorita I got SOOO excited. Then I saw the rest of the release. Why can't we just have the original team -even if it's just called "Warriors."

This book stars the original team. It's about them becoming mentors to these new heroes. These new characters are just the supporting cast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mako said:

Don't even mention Namorita. I break out in cold sweats when I think what they're gonna do to her now.

You don't need to think about it, we know what they're going to do to her...

... Give her a costume revamp.

It's literally there in the announcement video. I feel like this is too much of a low-hanging fruit to comment further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2020 at 11:29 PM, ADour said:

This book stars the original team. It's about them becoming mentors to these new heroes. These new characters are just the supporting cast.

So maybe the kids all die on the first mission? 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually I don’t think it’s disney mandate at all to make comic book like that, as far as I heard due to minuscule sales disney really doesn’t care much for marvel comics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming that the comic book industry survives the rest of this year, none of these characters will. MAYBE B-Negative, but they should probably come up with a better name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2020 at 3:17 AM, Jeddostotle7 said:

Ok... I understand what the creators are trying to do with this team, and I appreciate it, but... I feel like teen teams should always try to appeal to new young readers who don't really already read comics, moreso than most comics, and... while the names like "Snowflake" and "Safespace" are supposed to be these kids taking back those derogatory terms and reappropriating them, I don't think that's gonna be the initial impression to most new readers; most of them are probably gonna assume it's just making fun of their generation.  I don't know if I see this doing that well, or these characters sticking around too long.

The biggest problem I see with those names is that it's not teens or twenty-somethings who get called "Snowflake", or who hide in "Safespaces"; it's Millennials. The weird, disillusioned, sheltered thirty-somethings, who are so pumped up on "self-esteem" and participation trophies to realize how narcissistic and out of touch with reality they've become.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ProfessorMangle said:

The biggest problem I see with those names is that it's not teens or twenty-somethings who get called "Snowflake", or who hide in "Safespaces"; it's Millennials. The weird, disillusioned, sheltered thirty-somethings, who are so pumped up on "self-esteem" and participation trophies to realize how narcissistic and out of touch with reality they've become.

I wish I were pumped on self-esteem. I've crippling low self-esteem to the point of self-sabotage in advantageous situations. ON EVERY LEVEL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2020 at 9:48 PM, No1WonderFan said:

So maybe the kids all die on the first mission? 😃

Doubt it, but on the bright side the comic will die no later than issue three, guaranteed. The dark side (especially for comic shop owners) is that this book and the new Children of the Atom are gonna be fully non-refundable cuz Disney doesn't want it to be known how poorly they might (and most probably will) sell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2020 at 6:55 AM, Magnetotron said:

'Safespace and Snowflake'?...they are both ridiculous AND hatefully provocative, especially coming as they do from a very liberally biased writer affiliated with the Colbert Show. This nonsense will be the death of Marvel...I am considering a full ban on all Marvel related purchases AFTER I get my Fox X-Men Marvel Legends.

Boy have these a--hats truly misjudged their customer base or what?

The most ironic (moronic) thing is that Kibblesmith is the typical, much detested, root of all evil, 40 Year Old White Dude who they appointed (anointed) to appeal to today's diversified and marginalized youth. Anyone who has tried to created their own comic (and most of us have) knows this book and these characters reek of something created by someone in their early teen years and they got dusted off and renamed with contemporary buzz words at the first chance the creator was given the green light to "create something new". This reminds me of Steve Buscemi's character from 30 Rock.

fellow-kids-social-media-blog-1080x675.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE