Marvel Legends 6" Winter Soldier (Comic) Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

erivera94 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Winter Soldier (Comic) figure from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel-Legends-Winter-Soldier-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Winter-Soldier-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Winter-Soldier-03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Winter-Soldier-04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Winter-Soldier-05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Winter-Soldier-06.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Winter-Soldier-07.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Winter-Soldier-08.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Winter-Soldier-09.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Winter-Soldier-10.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Winter-Soldier-11.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Winter-Soldier-12.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Winter-Soldier-13.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Winter-Soldier-14.jpg

Excellent figure for what it is IMO, don't think I could have asked for a better Comic Winter Soldier, would have been cool however to get an alt head with mask up

love how good he looks with 80th Cap !

I'm still waiting to find this figure, and in our current times, guess I just gotta wait till the e-tailers get em

Guest EUPHORICVIKING

I just got mine yesterday. It's a decent figure. Personally I think it's superior to past figures (MCU and Comic).

I Like that they are trying out new/different technology.  The drawbacks are minimal but still could have been seriously improved. 

-Metallic arm isn't metallic.

- would have preferred a red star for his metal arm.

- Molded in gun.... stop that. 

6 hours ago, leokearon said:

Looks pretty cool, if only he came with an unmasked head

If it were my call, I'd give priority to an alternate short hair head over unmasked.  I think I just don't care for the head and hair sculpt overall.  The facial features look kind of heavy and Bagleyesque.  Bagley is absolutely the man, but the style feels cartoonish and mismatched to the character to me.  And his hair lays kind of heavy, chunky, and flat.  I think Bucky needs a better conditioner.  I would have preferred something closer to the below.

bucky1.thumb.JPG.93f06807afb3edafcff143229482e868.JPGbucky2.JPG.ad96974b542e4bc7176e9fd259e7b055.JPG

Bad Ass figure (aside from the static gun, WTF?). It's nothing major or ground breaking but it's as good as I was hoping it would be. I still don't have one in hand but it looks good here. Now, let's get busy on a comic based modern Star Lord, Hasbro. I promise, we have enough MCU versions to last us through the next movie.

32 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Bad Ass figure (aside from the static gun, WTF?). It's nothing major or ground breaking but it's as good as I was hoping it would be. I still don't have one in hand but it looks good here. Now, let's get busy on a comic based modern Star Lord, Hasbro. I promise, we have enough MCU versions to last us through the next movie.

I'm hoping for looks from Al Ewing & Juann Cabal's Guardians of the Galaxy 

46 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I'd like a closed jacket Star Lord, but I'm ok waiting longer... my wallet's happy waiting too. 

2 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

If it were my call, I'd give priority to an alternate short hair head over unmasked.  I think I just don't care for the head and hair sculpt overall.  The facial features look kind of heavy and Bagleyesque.  Bagley is absolutely the man, but the style feels cartoonish and mismatched to the character to me.  And his hair lays kind of heavy, chunky, and flat.  I think Bucky needs a better conditioner.  I would have preferred something closer to the below.

bucky1.thumb.JPG.93f06807afb3edafcff143229482e868.JPGbucky2.JPG.ad96974b542e4bc7176e9fd259e7b055.JPG

I don't think Bagley has even drawn Bucky. Still I would prefer an unmasked head, since he tends not to wear a mask these days

6 minutes ago, leokearon said:

I don't think Bagley has even drawn Bucky. Still I would prefer an unmasked head, since he tends not to wear a mask these days

Yeah, that's kind of my point.  His mouth and nose in particular look like a Mark Bagley drawing to me, and there's no reason why it should.  Maybe it's just me, though.

24 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

Looks pretty good, although i'm still on the fence about picking him up.

On a side note, i could be wrong but looks like amazon has pulled listings for this wave, as well as AoA and the avengers game wave.

I know they are suspending all shipments to its warehouses that are not something that is essential to dealing with the coronavirus and self-isolation.

18 minutes ago, leokearon said:

I know they are suspending all shipments to its warehouses that are not something that is essential to dealing with the coronavirus and self-isolation.

I thought that only applied to third-party sellers.  The implication was that stuff Amazon was selling directly would be unaffected, but "fulfilled by amazon" stuff would be outta luck.

I'm still seeing the Avengers Gamerverse and AoA waves for preorder on my wishlist, but the Widow wave is either dried up or suddenly going for $30 a figure.

The existing preorders I had for Winter Soldier, Yelena, and Taskmaster are still on my open orders and the "arriving by" date hasn't changed...yet.

3 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

I thought that only applied to third-party sellers.  The implication was that stuff Amazon was selling directly would be unaffected, but "fulfilled by amazon" stuff would be outta luck.

I'm still seeing the Avengers Gamerverse and AoA waves for preorder on my wishlist, but the Widow wave is either dried up or suddenly going for $30 a figure.

Nope, as far as I know and as been reported, stuff direct from Amazon is also affected. You can pre-order but don't expect them anytime soon.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
1 hour ago, Nosferatuman62172 said:

He looks good. I'm wondering  if he's  a new sculpt or has some reuse parts

Mostly reused parts from Killmonger and Netflix Punisher. He has a new torso, neck, head and metal arm. 

Hate to break from my normal gushing enthusiasm for all things Marvel Legends, but the Widow/Crimson Dynamo BAF wave is (for me) the weakest so far released in 2020, and this new version of the Winter Soldier is perhaps the biggest disappointment. 

I can't help comparing against Hasbro's last comic-based WS (from the 2010 2 pack w/grey Black Widow...eesh, a decade ago! Man, I'm getting old. Sniffle) and it still beats this hands down (the short-haired swap head is aces too). Maybe waiting a decade for a redo of a top-tier character (comic, movie and TV) just raises expectations too high. Hoping I'll change my mind when I've got it in the flesh, though.

The (multiple) Black Widow figures are also meh (except the store exclusive grey suit version. That one is superb) and the BAF just looks...odd. 

I guess it's a movie wave, so it is what it is, and clearly people are digging this, but for me, an Ursa Minor BAF wave, with the three movie figures kept, and Darkstar, Vanguard,1980's shoulder-cog Crimson Dynamo, Winter Soldier and Sharon Rogers (future) Captain America would have ticked all the relevant boxes (the movie, comic characters past and present and at least three very easy, cheap repaints) and have a way cooler offering. I mean, Spy-master....?

2 hours ago, LandoTucker said:

Hate to break from my normal gushing enthusiasm for all things Marvel Legends, but the Widow/Crimson Dynamo BAF wave is (for me) the weakest so far released in 2020, and this new version of the Winter Soldier is perhaps the biggest disappointment. 

I can't help comparing against Hasbro's last comic-based WS (from the 2010 2 pack w/grey Black Widow...eesh, a decade ago! Man, I'm getting old. Sniffle) and it still beats this hands down (the short-haired swap head is aces too). Maybe waiting a decade for a redo of a top-tier character (comic, movie and TV) just raises expectations too high. Hoping I'll change my mind when I've got it in the flesh, though.

The (multiple) Black Widow figures are also meh (except the store exclusive grey suit version. That one is superb) and the BAF just looks...odd. 

I guess it's a movie wave, so it is what it is, and clearly people are digging this, but for me, an Ursa Minor BAF wave, with the three movie figures kept, and Darkstar, Vanguard,1980's shoulder-cog Crimson Dynamo, Winter Soldier and Sharon Rogers (future) Captain America would have ticked all the relevant boxes (the movie, comic characters past and present and at least three very easy, cheap repaints) and have a way cooler offering. I mean, Spy-master....?

I really can't defend this wave all that much. It's a movie wave, and the first wave of a first movie of a franchise. There really isn't that much movie based material to work with, so whaddayagonnado? Gone are the days where they can get away with only one or two movie figures in a wave so they had to did deep. At least it's nowhere near as bad as the Captain Marvel wave. Sure, this isn't the version of Dynamo we all wanted but it's big and it's new and it's comic accurate. I'm all in for a Ursa Major though. We can only hope that if this movie does well (and I think it will) that they'll do a REAL "emergency" 2nd wave and maybe do some of the characters you named and an Ursa BAF, or even better, a Titanium Man. The problem with a 2nd wave is that there would be even less movie material to work with. Maybe an in-shape version of Hopper......er, I mean Red Guardian with an actual masked head.

11 hours ago, monron999 said:

I really can't defend this wave all that much. It's a movie wave, and the first wave of a first movie of a franchise. There really isn't that much movie based material to work with, so whaddayagonnado? Gone are the days where they can get away with only one or two movie figures in a wave so they had to did deep. At least it's nowhere near as bad as the Captain Marvel wave. Sure, this isn't the version of Dynamo we all wanted but it's big and it's new and it's comic accurate. I'm all in for a Ursa Major though. We can only hope that if this movie does well (and I think it will) that they'll do a REAL "emergency" 2nd wave and maybe do some of the characters you named and an Ursa BAF, n better, a Titanium Man. Maybe an in-shape version of Hopper......er, I mean Red Guardian with an actual masked head.

Fair point, and I completely agree about that heinous Captain Marvel wave (why did I buy that? Why? Actually, it was for a bad BAF & a semi-decent Genis). Compared to that, the CD wave is a 5* effort. And I'm hoping here too, that this new iteration of Dynamo will grow on me. 

And: Titanium Man. Yes! I'd love to see him again: a colour clashing, cool looking, big ol' 1980's armoured dude - what's not to love?

They [Hasbro] released him as part of the Iron Man Marvel Legends wave, and the figure still looks great. Bit of a paint refresh & the 'new' upper leg articulation added and you're good to go.