Marvel Legends Black Widow Movie Red Guardian Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

MCUcollector24 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Black Widow Movie Red Guardian figure from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel-Legends-Black-Widow-Movie-Red-Guardian-12.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Black-Widow-Movie-Red-Guardian-11.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Black-Widow-Movie-Red-Guardian-10.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Black-Widow-Movie-Red-Guardian-09.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Black-Widow-Movie-Red-Guardian-08.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Black-Widow-Movie-Red-Guardian-07.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Black-Widow-Movie-Red-Guardian-06.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Black-Widow-Movie-Red-Guardian-05.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Black-Widow-Movie-Red-Guardian-04.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Black-Widow-Movie-Red-Guardian-03.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Black-Widow-Movie-Red-Guardian-02.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Black-Widow-Movie-Red-Guardian-01.JPG

7 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

They've all looked like basic figures so far, like Hasbro took a leap back with this wave

Yeah i was willing to reserve judgement when RG didn't look great in the promo pics, but now we've got another batch of pics from a reviewer and he still looks subpar. Weird since hasbro generally nails it.

Reviewer doesn't like the gray instead of white on the outfit, and I agree. He says Marvel didn't send the correct info to Hasbro in time for production...not sure how he would know that unless they told him, and don't know why that would happen. But it doesn't matter since every version of the Red Guardian has been red and white, not gray.

They chose to not include a helmeted head, which makes no sense but if, IF, they had pulled off a better David Harbour likeness, I might have been able to forgive....nah, not really. Add that with the limited head/elbow articulation, its just overall a pass for me. I'll stick with the comic version.

5 hours ago, Atlantis said:

They chose to not include a helmeted head, which makes no sense but if, IF, they had pulled off a better David Harbour likeness, I might have been able to forgive....nah, not really. Add that with the limited head/elbow articulation, its just overall a pass for me. I'll stick with the comic version.

What's makes things worst is that the packaging art shows him with his helmet.

It's not all bad! What about...the... um.... ah... and... no, I got absolutely nothing good to say about this. This really is bad. 

And packaging grievances mentioned: definitely agree. If Hasbro can't be bothered (or can't afford or that movie logistics made it impossible) to provide a swap head which actually makes the figure resemble the box art, you change the box art. Or nix the figure. 

This is definitely why I've gone Marvel Legends comic-based waves/figures only. Movies not only have a super-short shelf life (or possibly none at all with the Black Widow movie: my understanding is that Sky and/or Disney+ are going to screen it TV only in the UK & US) but the movie figures require infinitely more bespoke parts, have multiple manufacturing issues, get crummy redecos and often very cool, established comic figures become just plot macguffins or dull non-entities (e. g. every Kree & Skrull and every other character except the CGI cat in Captain Marvel). 

I'm not saying all comic-based Legends = good & all movie-based figures = bad, but I would say that the ultra, ultra simple comic-based Red Guardian figure (cheap, quick Cap repaint with new head) from the Red Onslaught wave kills this in every way. And that's just one example. 

It's not all bad! What about...the... um.... ah... and... no, I got absolutely nothing good to say about this. This really is bad. 

And packaging grievances mentioned: definitely agree. If Hasbro can't be bothered (or can't afford or that movie logistics made it impossible) to provide a swap head which actually makes the figure resemble the box art, you change the box art. Or nix the figure. 

This is definitely why I've gone Marvel Legends comic-based waves/figures only. Movies not only have a super-short shelf life (or possibly none at all with the Black Widow movie: my understanding is that Sky and/or Disney+ are going to screen it TV only in the UK & US) but the movie figures require infinitely more bespoke parts, have multiple manufacturing issues, get crummy redecos and often very cool, established comic figures become just plot macguffins or dull non-entities (e. g. every Kree & Skrull and every other character except the CGI cat in Captain Marvel). 

I'm not saying all comic-based Legends = good & all movie-based figures = bad, but I would say that the ultra, ultra simple comic-based Red Guardian figure (cheap, quick Cap repaint with new head) from the Red Onslaught wave kills this in every way. And that's just one example. 

1 hour ago, tarot said:

Given that there may be flashbacks, I think Hasbro were given the younger design of the character by Marvel Studios. Not hasbro fault just how concepts for character keep changing right until the release.

what changing concepts? The first promotional images of the Red Guardian had him with a helmet, most promo material showed him with a helmet. I seriously doubt Hasbro didn't have access to promotional material way before it was released

1 hour ago, LandoTucker said:

And packaging grievances mentioned: definitely agree. If Hasbro can't be bothered (or can't afford or that movie logistics made it impossible) to provide a swap head which actually makes the figure resemble the box art, you change the box art.

thank you for saying the things I wanted to say, without me having to

this figure is just sad times man.... what a crumpled face, what a body... woof

• 3 weeks later...

Many from this wave have changed my opinion once in hand, this guy however I’m still on the fence. He looks enough like David Harbor but kinda of a cartoony version but at least the resemblance is there. 

So DUMB they didn’t include a masked head but I have 100% confidence that a masked version will show up 8n a store exclusive.  

The rest however, the sculpt, the articulation are fine. Hasbro has a history of releasing better versions later on ( Ant - Man, IronMan infinity war)and I feel this guy is a prime candidate 

10 hours ago, SpiderS said:

It really escapes my why they didn’t just sculpt helmeted head instead, I’m pretty sure they had helmet concept art way before, with helmeted head they wouldn’t have to get actors likeness it would much easier for them and us too like ughhh 

Exactly, all the early images we saw of Red Guardian were with his helmet on, so to not to include it is a big mystery