This Is The Marvel Legends 6" Crimson Dynamo I Wanted To See From Hasbro

JayC

2 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Definitely my preferred version of CD. That custom is rad. Also I like what hasbro did but I just cant dig the lack of crimson on their crimson dynamo. Hes not shiny, hes not really even red. He looks like a junker. 

To me, the figure looking like a junker made of old Soviet parts & having that drab red coloring are a big part of the figures charm.

10 hours ago, slugzilla said:

"....In a way I almost feel like JayC's original post was a thinly veiled and somewhat irresponsible attempt on JayC's part to scorn Hasbro..."  …"But, then again, I could be wrong because in the original post he stated that he wouldn't "pretend to speak for everyone" at the start of the article"...

And there you have it , you basically answered your own question.

I'm not seeing how its irresponsible; JC is entitled to his opinion here like anyone else, even if he's he webmaster. Now if he was blocking anyone's posts who don't agree with his, that would be irresponsible.

He doesn't speak for everyone, but certainly the majority of fans, when they hear Crimson Dynamo, are expecting the classic armor and not this BAF. Yes, "best" and "worst" are all subjective opinions in a matter like this, as you point out.  And I maintain that the version most of us prefer will be showing up very soon, maybe in a wave that has Titanium Man as the BAF.

12 hours ago, slugzilla said:

Well, I honestly I don't know if my opinion would be in line with the majority of Crimson Dynamo fans or not. The whole situation seems quite subjective and I was merely expressing my personal preference. I am also not aware of any mass scale data that would suggest that the "Mach V" armor is the majorities preferred armor, but then again I could easily be wrong & there may be a large amount of data on the subject.

In a way I almost feel like JayC's original post was a thinly veiled and somewhat irresponsible attempt on JayC's part to scorn Hasbro using his relatively large platform over their decision to make a Crimson Dynamo BAF that wasn't using his personally preferred design. But, then again, I could be wrong because in the original post he stated that he wouldn't "pretend to speak for everyone" at the start of the article.

Perhaps JayC could open a user poll on the subject, as I would be interested to see whether the average Crimson Dynamo fan would've preferred the 5th CD armor over the one Hasbro produced.

I can pretty much guarantee you that this is the  most popular & preferred version of CD that most classic IM fans, including me,  want from Hasbro2084513104_Titaniummanarmorwars1.thumb.jpg.20881116a1a5b1a6a00042deede624bc.jpg671376965_TitaniummanGremlin3.thumb.jpg.51e3a0d5b16a0db33810b3be64cb8e72.jpg1432074127_CrimsonDynamoclassicversion.thumb.jpg.06e552f6e4b8388bccc91ee154064eca.jpg

23 hours ago, slugzilla said:

To me, the figure looking like a junker made of old Soviet parts & having that drab red coloring are a big part of the figures charm.

I can definitely see the charm in all that you said about that version and it all does make sense. Definitely not my preferred version since hes not the crimson dynamo i grew up with or are familiar with however. 

I would say that personally this armor they chose for this BAF is really the least best representation of Crimson D, I think this version they went with is the most least recognizable for fans, but that's just me saying this, but it seems I'm right, anything other then Ultra would have been a good choice rather than this, but I know why they chose this armor, simply it was the best way to re-use old existing parts, maybe I'm wrong but it feels that way, Obviously I like so many others would have much rather got IV or V armor, but literally almost any other armor other than this and the Ultra would have been greatly desired

oh well

but I'm curious has anyone assembled this figure with out the giant shoulder pauldrons? , because other then the holes on the chest to place the Pauldrons in I actually think that it might look pretty good

While I agree that the armor they went with is one of the least recognizable looks for the mantle, I honestly think that it's the most visually appealing. I've never been a fan of the older Crimson Dynamo designs, with the Star Wars-esque helmet and no color variation.

I think it's a testament to the quality of the design used by the BAF that it was the basis for the look of Crimson Dynamo in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Marvel: Avengers Alliance 2, and to some extent the Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3 video games and Marvel's Avengers Assemble. And in none of these media Crimson Dynamo is Gennady Gavrilov (the one that uses this design in the comics).

Plus, the design Hasbro went with is probably the most apt for a BAF-sized figure. Classic Crimson Dynamo could work as a single-carded release, since he'd be roughly the bulk of a Colossus figure.

9 hours ago, Gigantor said:

It was a cost efficient move by Hasbro They utilized a lot of the Iron Monger BAF for this. Hopefully we get the MarK V 'Armor wars" 80s version in a 3 pack along with 769583425_Titaniumman.thumb.png.4c440d71fc2f70364c251f1e7946db8e.pngthis bad boy & Silver Centurion IM.

Agree! Titanium Man just demands a BAF. With the right shade of metallic green, and the correct head sculpt, it would be incredible. I'd love to see them do the face plate much like what they did for the MCU Yellowjacket...clear plastic over the face, making it look like he's got a face shield. For TM, I'd have the yellow eyes really glow, and have tinted clear shield over the face.

tita.jpg