The Black Widow Movie Gets A November 2020 Release Date

JayC

In AF news, it does make the eternal wave(s) (and others) less likely to be released this year. Hasbro probably already have the figure made and set to be revealed and released but now have to be hold back. 

It makes me wonder if they might do a second Widow wave instead since it will be released in November now.

Here is the new release schedule of all the previously announced MCU movies following Black Widow in November.

“The Eternals” on Feb. 12, 2021, “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings” on May 7, 2021, “Doctor Strange 2” on Nov. 5, 2021, “Thor: Love and Thunder” on Feb. 18, 2022. “Black Panther 2” stays on May 6, 2022, and “Captain Marvel 2” July 8, 2022.

1 hour ago, tarot said:

"...It makes me wonder if they might do a second Widow wave instead since it will be released in November now...."

I love that idea. Its a long shot, but I for one would welcome a second Widow wave.

I think the first wave overall was underwhelming; I'd love to see a new Black Widow figure, but this time done RIGHT. Never been satisfied with the figures so far and don't think they've done her justice. A more robust, comic accurate figure with the proper face would be nice. The vintage version came close, but the body was still a bit too slender and the "mary jane" face just didn't belong (I swapped out the alternate Dark Phoenix Jean Grey head for  mine). She's supposed to be Marvel's premiere super spy, bad-ass assassin, so lets give her a figure that reflects that.

Also, they could use that wave to do a better Red Guardian and include a helmeted head this time. The Yelena figure was all around weak, too. Doubt they'd do another movie version this close to the one just released so it would likely also be the comic version. I'd add a Madame Hydra/Viper, Vanguard from the Soviet Super Soldiers, maybe even the Crimson Dynamo we all REALLY like, tied together with a Titanium Man BAF...

3 hours ago, leokearon said:

Glad to see the studios have a plan. 

Hopefully the Eternal delay will mean that Hasbro have more time to do a better job on the Eternal figures than they did with the Black Widow wave

Agree on this...i was really disappointed with the quality of the black widow movie wave too, especially the face sculpt

makes sense although that'll be a long wait.  Probably doesn't bode too well for sales of the wave though, which was probably already gonna have trouble since the economy is in free-fall.

agree that disney should just release new mutants on disney plus now.  but maybe they're planning to use it as a test movie when the theatres first re-open, it might end up doing better than expected after people have been deprived of the theatre experience for a few months.

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

makes sense although that'll be a long wait.  Probably doesn't bode too well for sales of the wave though, which was probably already gonna have trouble since the economy is in free-fall.

agree that disney should just release new mutants on disney plus now.  but maybe they're planning to use it as a test movie when the theatres first re-open, it might end up doing better than expected after people have been deprived of the theatre experience for a few months.

Totally agree with this. The way it was being segwayed is that this movie could possibly or possibly not fall into the introduction of the mutants into the MCU. If it turns out to be a good movie, sure maybe it's a little peek into the future of the mutants in the movies. If it bombs, well it was just Fox's last outing and it has nothing to do with MCU and we can all just forget it ever existed. No harm, no foul.

I'm one of the people that didn't think Fox's mutant movies were all that bad when standing on their own merit. Unfortunately they had to stand up against the quality of the MCU movies which made the Fox efforts seem so much worse. That being said, I personally hope  NM has nothing to do with the MCU, firstly because I really don't want the first appearance of mutants in the MCU to be what I consider to be second rate characters that might leave a bad taste in the mouths of the consumer and secondly because I don't think the characters were cast all that well (other than Ilyanna and Rahne) in the first place. In fact, aside from Wolverine (who was still way too tall), Storm (who was still way too "soft") and Prof. X (who was perfect), I don't think Fox did a proper casting of any character the entire time it had the license. Time to take it back down to formula and do it the Marvel Studios way. Who knows, maybe they'll do a good enough job with the X-Men that the New Mutants will never need to show up in the MCU at all. Again, no harm, no foul.

2 hours ago, monron999 said:

Totally agree with this. The way it was being segwayed is that this movie could possibly or possibly not fall into the introduction of the mutants into the MCU. If it turns out to be a good movie, sure maybe it's a little peek into the future of the mutants in the movies. If it bombs, well it was just Fox's last outing and it has nothing to do with MCU and we can all just forget it ever existed. No harm, no foul.

I'm one of the people that didn't think Fox's mutant movies were all that bad when standing on their own merit. Unfortunately they had to stand up against the quality of the MCU movies which made the Fox efforts seem so much worse. That being said, I personally hope  NM has nothing to do with the MCU, firstly because I really don't want the first appearance of mutants in the MCU to be what I consider to be second rate characters that might leave a bad taste in the mouths of the consumer and secondly because I don't think the characters were cast all that well (other than Ilyanna and Rahne) in the first place. In fact, aside from Wolverine (who was still way too tall), Storm (who was still way too "soft") and Prof. X (who was perfect), I don't think Fox did a proper casting of any character the entire time it had the license. Time to take it back down to formula and do it the Marvel Studios way. Who knows, maybe they'll do a good enough job with the X-Men that the New Mutants will never need to show up in the MCU at all. Again, no harm, no foul.

Don't make New Mutants part of the MCU yet. Wait until the X-men are established and if New Mutants was well received, retcon it in. If New Mutants is poorly deceived just ignore it and try again later

Well at least they are still having high hopes and are working and planning still. Hopefully Covid-19 is gone by then and doesn’t show back up. But even though this kinda sucks for us who love these movies, it’s a trying time so you gotta do what you gotta do. However, I think this could be a good thing in a way, it gives them more time to work on the film and to try and see in any errors that might slip by if they were trying to rush the schedule to get it out. So hopefully this just makes the film better. 

9 hours ago, Falls22 said:

Well at least they are still having high hopes and are working and planning still. Hopefully Covid-19 is gone by then and doesn’t show back up. But even though this kinda sucks for us who love these movies, it’s a trying time so you gotta do what you gotta do. However, I think this could be a good thing in a way, it gives them more time to work on the film and to try and see in any errors that might slip by if they were trying to rush the schedule to get it out. So hopefully this just makes the film better. 

At least we have something to look forward to when this crisis finally ends

Its baffling to me that they would make an Eternals movie, when there are so many more properties Marvel has. On the other hand, they've pulled off some longshots before. I am annoyed, however, at how these outfits don't represent the characters from the comics. I mean there is virtually no resemblance. Sure hope they use this time to improve the work...fingers crossed!

10 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Its baffling to me that they would make an Eternals movie, when there are so many more properties Marvel has. On the other hand, they've pulled off some longshots before. I am annoyed, however, at how these outfits don't represent the characters from the comics. I mean there is virtually no resemblance. Sure hope they use this time to improve the work...fingers crossed!

page-19-A_27082019.jpg

Ikarus and Sersei do look a bit like their comic versions. Personally I like when Marvel do anything with their lesser known characters (except using them as cannon fodder) it shows that their universe if more than just Spidey and X-Men

19 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Ikarus and Sersei do look a bit like their comic versions. Personally I like when Marvel do anything with their lesser known characters (except using them as cannon fodder) it shows that their universe if more than just Spidey and X-Men

Maybe, maybe if you squint and just allow for a dark haired woman wearing green, you could say something like Sersei is on those posters. But there aint no way in hell this guy looks anything like Ikaris. NONE of those outfits look like anything the Eternals wore. But as I said the MCU has pulled off enough hits by now that I'm hoping this movie is a success too.

Ikaris-Marvel-Comics-Eternals-a.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This week it was announced during the IMAX earnings call that the Black Widow movie would see 30 Minutes of Action Shot in IMAX Expanded Ratio.  As of right now the Black Widow movie from Marvel Studios is still slated to be released this year on November 6.

Sadly, the only thing MCU movies mean to me anymore, other than confirmation the motion picture industry in the United States is beyond saving, is another set of cool Marvel Legends figures.

Still, I always try and remain optimistic, and hope maybe the next movie will be more "Captain America The First Avenger" and less "Guardians of the Galaxy."

Going by the trailers, all Black Widow needs is a talking raccoon.