The Black Widow Movie Gets A November 2020 Release Date

JayC

I really want to know what is going on with Falcon & Winter Soldier and the rest of the Disney+ shows that we were supposed to be getting this year, no new information about this has surfaced.. are we just presuming TBA in like 2021, were they not almost finished with at least Falcon & Winter Soldier?

I could care less about falcon/winter soldier,  falcon is a worthless character to have as a buddy in a tv show also us agents costume looks terrible , i never liked falcon never liked mackey in the mcu movies IPO ,wandavision i do want to see how that turns out BL looks to be on par so far with the past mcu that we have gotten ...   next year is another year and hope it will be free of all the bullshit from this year ..

10 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I really want to know what is going on with Falcon & Winter Soldier and the rest of the Disney+ shows that we were supposed to be getting this year, no new information about this has surfaced.. are we just presuming TBA in like 2021, were they not almost finished with at least Falcon & Winter Soldier?

I know Sma and Bucky which was supposed to be released this mouth, now has a generic Autumn 2020 release date

It feels really weird not to see any Marvel movie let alone superhero movie this summer, which never happened since like 2007?  It's good that we got some good tv shows like Doom patrol and Umbrella Academy but we really do need movie, I hope we get to see Black Widow in November, but with probability of virus getting worse durning autumn there's real possibility we might not see it even then.

12 hours ago, leokearon said:

I know Sma and Bucky which was supposed to be released this mouth, now has a generic Autumn 2020 release date

Oh well I guess it's at least good to know they still plan on putting it out this year, I need some marvel characters on my screen

• 1 month later...

According to Variety, Disney is looking delay the release of the MCU Black Widow movie which is currently slated with a November 6 release date. Originally Black Widow was supposed to have opened on May 1.

Now word on what the new release date will be and I think it's possible they may opt to do a straight to home release through Disney+ like they did with Mulan.

If Disney does further delay the release of Black Widow, then it is unclear what that will do for release dates of The Eternals, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the 10 Rings and Thor: Love and Thunder. When one MCU movie is delayed that likely means all of them will be pushed back.

Is anyone like really interested in seeing 'Eternals'?

I really Only want to see the New Mutants. It's looks dark. Hoping🤞

Thor Blood and thunder only because I am praying to Odin they include BETA RAY BILL 🤞

Then we see them go full Annihilators 🤞

Oh hey black widow. Still a thing?  

I'm seeing rumors (because like hell they'll release official numbers) that the Disney+ rollout for Mulan didn't go so well.  A Marvel movie would probably do better, but the experiment just does not sound like it was as successful as Disney would have like, and they don't seem likely to try again.  They'll keep pushing this back and pushing it back again like WB is doing with Wonder Woman 1984 until the world is fixed or until it's clear they're losing too much money by sitting on it.

32 minutes ago, Satam said:

I'm seeing rumors (because like hell they'll release official numbers) that the Disney+ rollout for Mulan didn't go so well.  A Marvel movie would probably do better, but the experiment just does not sound like it was as successful as Disney would have like, and they don't seem likely to try again.  They'll keep pushing this back and pushing it back again like WB is doing with Wonder Woman 1984 until the world is fixed or until it's clear they're losing too much money by sitting on it.

The flip side of repeatedly postponing releases is, how long can theaters stay in business with no new movies to show? And once they are gone, how will studios make the money needed to afford mcu-budget films? To be clear, I don’t plan on going to the movies until 2021 or later. But without some sort of subsidies from either the govt or studios, I don’t see how conventional movie theatres survive. (Drive-ins may be a different story, at least seasonally)

of course movies that don’t require a billion dollar BO to be successful can probably succeed either as VOD or just by helping streaming services keep subscribers, but I think it’s possible that the day of the half a billion budget movie is done, at least for the foreseeable future. But hey, I’m no expert 

2020 is a wash for movies in the U.S. WB tried their grand experiment with Tenet (Nolan's savior of the cinemas!) and that utterly tanked domestically. Then Disney tried the VOD route for Mulan and so far that didn't seem to work out either.

They're in a difficult spot here. They have movies they've spent hundreds of millions of dollars on collecting dust but they're not gonna be able to do anything with them until it's safe to have packed theaters again.

Ah this news does not shock me, I had a feeling even saying November was way to forgiving in the current climate we are in, already here in Canada the Cases are rising again and it's getting bad, and in America the cases were always horrible, they are going to get worse again, as soon as lockdowns lifted people stopped caring and went back to business as usual, no regard, I think any body who actually thought this movie was coming out in 2020 was jumping a gun, they really need to just release it digitally make people pay 20 bucks and that's that

They may very well delay the movie, but I seriously doubt they'll release it to streaming. From what I've been reading, even if they adopted the same micro-transaction model they used with Mulan, Disney wouldn't make a fraction of what they lost not opening in theaters. Just their piece of the concession stand take alone would be a fortune.

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Ah this news does not shock me, I had a feeling even saying November was way to forgiving in the current climate we are in, already here in Canada the Cases are rising again and it's getting bad, and in America the cases were always horrible, they are going to get worse again, as soon as lockdowns lifted people stopped caring and went back to business as usual, no disregard, I think any body who actually thought this movie was coming out in 2020 was jumping a gun, they really need to just release it digitally make people pay 20 bucks and that's that

Agree, re-opened way too early and as predicted, paying a price. Unnecessary and avoidable....people need to face facts and realize that there are only 4 months left in 2020, so this isn't the year to try to do movie theatres. I'm really hoping it does well whenever its released, but I'm not up for paying $20.00 to see this or any movie.

I'm really not surprised. I don't see movies being really able to be shown as usual in theaters until we get a vaccine, which could be as late as mid-2021. Seems to me that if they're still able to film things, maybe they could at least launch TFATWS, that would tide MCU fans over until we can see movies again, kind of like releasing the second season of the Mandalorian. I really don't want them to put the movies on Disney+, I have the service, but there's something about watching a Marvel movie for the first time in the theater that I'm not really ready to sacrifice. I think pushing BW to early next year would be a good move, and then just have Eternals, Shang-Chi and Thor coming out that year too, provided they've been filmed. There's already 4 slots open in 2021, just cancel this year so we can get things back on track and then open them when we can enjoy them properly. 

These films cost so much to produce that they must release them to ensure maximum return on their investment (and streaming is not the way). Also consider their marketing...all of their films have been successful, and that is a gift for their marketing and public perception...yet another reason why they can't afford for any of these films to not be successful. Realistically, you could test and quarantine an entire film production, and that is what they should be trying to do...keep producing these films and stack them up for release once we get past Covid and people are comfortable running to theaters.  As much as I would love to see these films now, watching them at home is not the way to go. 

I'm not really certain that the old movie theater model will really ever come back and be what it was. Only time will tell. I think motion picture companies will have to start taking that into account with their production costs. The future may involve just making cheaper movies that go straight to streaming. If you have a big name film that you've already spent 100s of millions to make it might be best to just sit on it for a while yet and see how all of this unfolds... but I certainly wouldn't be looking to be in a hurry to spend large amounts of money making new movies until we know how that distribution model will work out over the next few years. If I was one of these companies, I'd start thinking cheap.

Prior to the recently released New Mutants I had never missed going to a first week release of any Marvel movie (MCU or otherwise) going all the way back to the first Blade movie. New Mutants was the first, but to be honest right now I'm not sure that I'll ever go back to a movie theater. It certainly won't be in 2020 or 2021. For me, that's really saying something.

7 hours ago, mako said:

Yeah, it'll come back, and probably do better business than ever, just because people will be itching to get out and have some fun. Same goes for the restaurants, bars, cons, etc.

That's true, my local cinema seems to be doing good business despite only allowed a maximum of 50 people. Even the Arts Centre I used to work in, had one of its best movie audiences when they started showing movies again